Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC-Engine Mini Game Console €57.84 delivered + vat = €71.14 from amazon Japan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Looks like just a Raspberry Pi running an Emulator. What is the difference / advantage of this one do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm not a hardcore collector or gamer, but afaik the raspberry pi is generally frowned upon by the retro gaming community. The emulation on this is supposed to run a lot better with fps etc. (i.e. it clones the software more than emulates it on this, as it is fully licenced.

I guess this is more suited to the collectors or as a Christmas present. I think I read somewhere that it can be modded and when it is, it can run as well as the MistER FPGA system (for limited games), but as the MistER also supports all the original controllers etc. and clones more systems it's not really going to compete. But the MistER runs a lot more expensive to build and likely for serious collectors or hobbyists and those building bit by bit etc. This is a nice option for those that like official systems and to play them the original way they were made to quote some other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's on sale again, €66 + vat. Works out at around just under €82 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can stack it on the mini NES, SNES, PS1, Atari and most recently the C64 that have never made it out if their boxes 🤣

Advertisement