Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Now that the other posters have explained the context of Boris Johnson's remark do you acknowledge that you jumped to wrong conclusions?

Do you see how easy it is to misinterpret something innocent, and conclude it supports some conspiracy theory, when in fact it doesn't? Ask yourself how often you've done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

In my experience here, most don't give a damn. They'll never acknowledge something being explained or factual information, at best they'll just harbour resentment about it and move on.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Timmy is another sea gull poster.

Flies in out of nowhere, dumps crap in the thread, and they flies out again until his next sh1t dump

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

seems legit, not scary at all, at all, at all.

seriuosly though, why would you need to queue for a car when feic all people will be going on holiday in future, we have to save the planet and lockdown to save the planet and not travel and space out our farts and take 4 jabs a year and eat par boiled insects. be happy with a loan of your neighbours rented electric car to go to the shops once a year.

off to the pub now, just need me cert, and id and masks. great stuff. fantastic

You need a cert and a mask because there's a virus. Do you have any conspiracy related to the topic? or is it more of this cringe-inducing dystopia fantasy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Tired332

Wouldn't worry about gates that freak along with many more will hopefully be in jail soon, ghislaine maxwells trial is starting on the 26th November (one for the diary).

Except for Trump of course, but apparently anyone else who ever met the guy is automatically guilty by association. I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed conspiracy theorists when the trial concludes, oh and the usual yawn-inducing accusations of a "coverup", calling it now. Any of this have any relation to Covid measures?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"Wouldn't worry about gates that freak along with many more will hopefully be in jail soon"

Just for fun, do you have a list of people who will be jailed "soon"? And for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And on the off chance that Trump is implicated, we'll see a pretty quick turn around and we'll be told how it's all a set up and how Epstien did nothing wrong...

Also I don't think that this has anything to do with covid measures and this thread has now just become a dumping ground for any old brain fart.

It's clear that no conspiracy theorist is willing or capable of discussing the conspiracy theory.

Back on this tangent. For a group that constantly labels others as sheep I don't think I've come across a single conspiracy theorist who doesn't suspect that Gates is "up to something", but at the same time, universally can't explain what that something is. Likewise, they all think there is "something up" with the pandemic, but again can't coherently explain what it is. This predictable pattern is repeated over and over, an extreme herd-like group thinking, almost like... sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Maybe more like lemmings. One jumps off the cliff of reality, and the rest follow.

eamon ryan came up with the shared car scheme talking point so talk to him about cringiness, if it's a fantasy then i guess i imagined it along with all these others

https://gript.ie/flashback-eamon-ryan-suggests-rural-families-share-one-car-for-every-ten-households/

oh aye, conspiracy... eh, if 2 jabs last 2 months but 3 jabs last 3 years. 4th jab must last eh .. exponetial, non linear increase maths calculation carry the hypothenuse science the **** out of this now ... i calculate 54 years immunity with the 4th jab

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Did you just quote yourself to post sh!te??

SADDDDDD

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ohhhhhh someone forgot to log into thier other soapbox account before replying 🤣🤣🤣

Looks like the evil plot is going well:

The Economic and Social Research Institute has found that the percentage of people reporting that their Digital Covid Cert was not checked in pubs increased from 21% last month to 37% .

The ESRI's latest Social Activity Measure (SAM) behavioural study said indoor dining/drinking is becoming more frequent across all venues and now accounts for over three-quarters of pub visits .

The findings also suggest that in restaurants 34% of people are not having their Covid certs checked.

I guess they didn't plan on people in Ireland being lax with the rules.

And meanwhile in America, the plot to force everyone to take a vaccine is going about as well:

A US appeals court has temporarily blocked President Joe Biden's plans for a vaccine mandate for businesses.

The law would require workers at private companies with more than 100 employees to get fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or be tested weekly.

But the court found "grave statutory and constitutional" issues with the rule, set to be introduced in January.

It said it was suspending the mandate and gave the Biden administration until Monday to respond.

I'd love to know what the conspiracy explanations for these are.

If the conspirators can control everything, including media and medical organisations, how does this stuff happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The same gang of trolls or paid shills on here is actually sickening. Imagine defending the obvious tyranny going on right now, children are depending on empathic people right now in these evil times, and eliminate the nefarious , greedy scum. The Evil will be permanent.

Talk about link dumping, see @King Mob

Where are the mods now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement

Lol. What a silly and petty thing to claim.

It's not link dumping as I explain the content of the articles, provided relevant quotes and then provided my opinion on the artciles.

What you do is link dumping because you just dump an article with no context or effort and with no intention of actually discussing the content of the article. (Usually because you're lying about the content, or it's just a link to some random grifter.)

Would you like to make an actual point about the articles I posted? Particually how they mesh with the conspiracy you believe is happening?

If all of these measures are going to be permanent, why aren't they being enforced?

And now, because you are angry and upset that no one believes your conspiracies, you are throwing a tantrum and claiming this. It's very sad.

I started a thread that invited you guys to explain and defend this absurd claim. But as usual, you avoided this because you know it's nonsense.

Your claim that people are paid to post is just a dishonest and petty attempt to avoid points you know show your conspiracy theories are false.

It's very childish and very hypocritical given how you whinge about mods doing something in a previous post.

There is a separate thread about this in the CT forum. Your input would be greatly appreciated there, but no conspiracy theorists post in that thread for some unknown reason. Are you scared of a thread dedicated to calling people paid posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this a parody account? Those phrases and wording above. See it everywhere. Like a weird ittle cult.

I think he is a paid poster who is here to make conspiracy theorists look bad. It’s the only conclusion I can come to. 😛

Once again we see yet another conspiracy theorist accuse those who challenge their view as being a "trolls" or a "shills" in another spittle-laced rant with some unintelligible claim they can't explain.

It's like a liars club where everyone tells a different lie, but all scramble to back one another up and lash out when those lies are questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

The same gang of trolls or paid shills on here is actually sickening. Imagine defending the obvious tyranny going on right now, children are depending on empathic people right now in these evil times, and eliminate the nefarious , greedy scum. The Evil will be permanent.

Re trolls, some of the responses can be a bit personal, rather than simply refuting the points raised, however that seems to be the same on other threads on boards, and likely on all online forums where posters are anonymous, so you need to develop a thick skin when putting up stuff that others find obviously wrong.

As regards the 'paid shills' remark! I think that's so unlikely we can pretty much discount it. People don't need to be paid to post on other threads on boards, so what makes you think this one is any different? Personally I was interested in seeing if I can correct some of the obviously invalid points made by some other posters, and I don't need to be paid to do that (though I have concluded that it's a bit of a futile exercise because most posters who put up invalid stuff seem to ignore rational arguments, and often repeat the same false stuff later).

You say "imagine defending the obvious tyranny going on right now". I think I'm a middle of the road individual, and fairly reasonable, and will change my mind if I see I'm wrong. How come I can't see any obvious tyranny gong on? I've seen some people saying it's tyranny needing vaccine certs or covid tests to enter some places, etc. But that would only be tyranny if the virus didn't exist, and we were all being tricked, and there was no danger from it. However the virus does exist, and does pose a threat to the most vulnerable and to hospital capacity, and the health service, and our public representatives are making a best attempt to deal with what they face.

You mention "evil times" and "nefarious greedy scum". Firstly, I can't see the times are any more evil today than they've ever been! There has always been crime, and some people ripping off others, etc., and of course wars and atrocities, etc., and it's still going on today. However, as far as I can see, it's possibly better today than it was in the past as society has become more open, and hidden evils (eg. clerical child abuse) are no longer covered up in as systematic a way as a couple of generations ago!!

You say "the evil will be permanent". I agree that what people consider evil will be permanent, as it seem to be a (small) part of human nature, and that's why we have a justice system, and protections for the more vulnerable members of society. However I suspect you are talking more about an evil that mostly exists in the imaginations of people who publish conspiracy theories, and in the imaginations of followers that are convinced those theories are true! Ask yourself why the conspiracy theorists can never produce any evidence, apart from quoting other conspiracy theorists, who themselves don't provide evidence?

You can be sickened by what you perceive as the 'gang of trolls or paid shills', etc. However it's your perception of the world that is causing you to be sickened, not the reality. If you were able to really see the world as it is, warts and all, you might see it's not as bad, or evil, as you fear!!

Air travel open again for the US. Permanent? What says ye conspiracy theorists??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

To be fair, there was a dash of won't-someone-please-think-of-the-children too, so that means he wins.

Or something.

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

If that's the case, he's succeeding beyond his wildest dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement