Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex XMX712N reset

Options
  • 05-11-2021 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have an old storage heater in my hall that seems to have stopped working. Looking online I found you can reset the unit, but couldn't find anything for this model.

Anyone know where it should be reset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Press this metal strip down until you hear a click

make sure power is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Thanks, I pressed down and heard a click, but still doesn't seem to be working. I have 3 storage heaters and none of them seem to be working now, though they did a few years ago. If I look at the switch I notice there is no light, but I think that was the case when they were working.

The left switch is the manual heater, the right is the storage heater.

They only receive power at off peak times. Usually 12am until 7am. This is preset at the meter.

check also that the room thermostat is turned up.

I reset it last night and it was cold this morning. The input is at the max, 6.

Check the wall thermostat is turned up

• Advertisement

I don't think there is any thermostat, just input and output on the heater itself. Will post a photo later.

Edit: these are the only controls on the heater:

On the fuse board I think the heating is controlled by the night time charger (top right):

Post edited by lamaq on

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Hi lamaq,

Did you get this sorted? I have the same heater plus another one and both have stopped working at the same time, which makes me think it has to do with the fuse board?

Thank you.

Yes, it was at the fuse board, though I think all that fixed it was adjusting the 2 dials. Seemed liked it woke it up.

I would try putting both up to full and leaving them overnight. If you have a wall switch with a light, then it should turn on at some point during the night, which will confirm if it's a problem at the fuse board or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks, lamaq.

It turns out it was the thermostats. I reset them both yesterday and the heaters heated up during the night. I thought it was strange both going at the same time, but maybe whatever the cause was affected both at the same time. I just have very little knowledge about these things.

During my investigations I found the attached document for the Devireg 710-2 controller. Nice to know how the thing is supposed to work. After reading it I looked at mine and the lights seemed fine, so I went and removed the covers of the heaters and reset the thermostats.

I reset my thermostats too, so I couldn't rule out that being the fix or part of the fix as well. It's made a big difference keeping the whole house warm and reducing the electricity usage considerably.

• Advertisement
Advertisement