Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Spot on.

The new religion called "Scientism" bears a remarkable similarity to Catholicism.

Just a few examples:

"Hierarchy" setting the new beliefs and rules.

Rules based on infallibility. (Pope/Scientists)

Power to foretell the Future if rules not obeyed (Hellfire/Hellfire)

Shaming device (Confession/Carbon Footprint)

Role Model Conversion Icon for adults (St. Paul/Popular TV presenter)

Indoctrinating kids early (First Communion/Thunburg)

Rise of Fanatics (Opus Dei/XR-IB-Thunburg)

Food (No meat allowed on Fridays/No meat allowed)

Censorship (Films-books/People challenging rules)

Fleece the Plebs (Church collections-Dues/Carbon taxes)

Cardinal Sins(Sex/Not going into debt of €50,000 for home "retrofit")

I went through it once. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

Heard on the wireless this morning China alone have 980 coal powered stations and have another 80 being built due to be completed within the next 6-12 months. We are pissing against the wind thinking anything we do will make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

On average there are 50 volcanoes on Earth erupting somewhere on Earth every day be it on land or underwater. Annually that contributes about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Human contribution massively outstrips that. 24 billion tons of co2 by the vehicles and industries alone.

Probably the reason that for thousands of years the co2 levels remained consistent and past 100-150 have seen massive spike...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I was listening to Greta rile up her fans the other day. I was just shaking my head. "It's just blah blah blah" she says, to which there were cheers from her fans.

We were all young once, where we joined a movement or group to feel a sense of belonging or rebellion to change. For example Kony2012. I remember young wans going around with Kony2012 bracelets and updating their profile pics.

That Youth Assembly on Climate Change was in 2018 and I remember they were on the Late Late show that night. One girl in the audience made a threat like "if you don't act, we will remember and we will vote you out". When these kids grow up and start paying taxes and having some responsibility in their lives they'll soon change their tune.

Teachers need to cop on aswell. Some teachers are of average intelligence and they're brainwashing kids and striking fear into them. I remember there was one teacher on saying she supported the strikes because if they didn't do anything by 9 years time it would be too late. She made it seem like there's a specific date action needs to be taken by. lol

• Advertisement

Stupid kids worrying about their futures, how dare they voice their opinions, I mean notions or wha

It's all for show. The same ones will be flying around the world posting on insta in a couple years.

How many young people do you see walking around 2nd hand shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

i think we're all being conned in ireland about the greens foisting these carbon taxes on us. this is an agenda across the eu and worldwide in many parts. FF and FG are all in for making us poorer too. why do they care? TD's get what 30K just to travel to work in expenses, do they give a fiddlers if our cost of going to work just went up 10-15% , the cost of heating our homes shoots up ? i hear someone ask on the radio recently if all the TD's drive electric ? now i realise why not.

we're in for a lot of pain going forward lads and lassies and circles, our cards have been well marked. hey, call me a big racist if ya like, but the solution to all the crises isn't to bring in a tiny fraction of people from war torn or whatever 3rd world country is struggling by putting further strain on the resources in our country and others. the solution is to fix the problems at source. who would have imagined 30 years ago the world would still be in such Sh1te? what in the name of god is going on with there still being wars, civil wars, genocides famines etc? our politician would like us to believe these things are difficult but they really are not. E.G. China tortures it's citizens ? well then stop ALL trade with china, there's is ZERO morals.

fair trade for all countries. i suppose when we have the americans (republicans AND Democrats) largly setting the global agenda since WW2 what hope have we got? looks like they killed their own president(JFK) because he wasn't suiting the permanent deep state there. they dropped two atom bombs on japan. i don't think japan were winning at that point.

people can come on here and argue semantics with me, i'm just some average joe trying to get thru life, but is it too much to ask we have some decent people in charge for a bit ? some fairness across the planet, us all working together ? people are a bit pathetic i guess, we all want to one-up oursleves over the neighbour. christ, how many fellas have boinked their brothers missus ? it's common enough i believe. that's the kind of mentalitiy we have on this planet. i was watching "the critical drinkers" take on things these days in relation to amongst other things, Star trek. When i was a kid, star trek was aspirational, hopeful, people we concerned with achieving, not hoarding money, we had evolved past that in gene roddenberry's world.

now that universe is a pile of dark,depressing dog W*nk(allegedly)... just like how our own is going.

if you look at the last 3 candidates for US pres, you had clinton v trump and trump v biden ? really !!! FFS thats the best they could come up with? it really was turd sandwich v giant douche part 1 and 2. someone like tulsi gabbard doesn't get much of a look in. bad as we're treated in ireland, the us citizen get treated like animals...and we wonder why they seem so violent. no paid parental leave FFS.

green agenda is a farce. when has anyone ever gotten fined for thrown fag butts out of car? littering the streets?? dog fouling ? fly tipping ? why aren't all our house retrofitted (suitbable homes with double cavities) ? why is the government not paying people to knock all these old solid wall, foundation less hovels around the country ? there's people now tryin to sell old houses that you wouldn't keep the dog in for over 100,000 euro. water is undrinkable in many parts around the country. raw sewage being pumped into our waterways. why did we ever ship recycling abroad ? madness. i know very little about farming, but it seems to me that keeping cattle in shed for months over winter is bad for the poor animals. could a field or two not be set aside for them to get out and exercise every day the weather isn't pissing down ?

does the world need all these data centers? or have we decided that because we can charge subscription fees, even if it was more energy consuming,(i don't know, has it being calculated) that we should store our billions of videos and photos there instead of on local storage ? isn't one photoshopped girls tight A$$ in leggings on instagram or whatever they are on enough? do we need millions of S*a****s with their bits spilling out all over the gaff online when the world it about to burn up, allegedly ?

has a cost benefit analysis being done on booty vs burning planet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

There is a fair bit of evidence that inaction or mild action would work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,305 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

China and Russia couldn't even be bothered turning up for COP26, not even a token appearance to show face, they don't give a f#ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Not using enriched fuel means the plant are much bigger and more expensive to build. Look I'm not opposed to nuclear, I just don't think ireland is big enough to justify putting all of our eggs in that basket

Especially when we have abundant offshore renewable wind energy

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

What are these spoilt brats bringing to the table? They are well versed with all the slogans but nothing about what they are going to do.

Just an example like walking to school, no more flying, no more of the latest phones and gadgets, no more designer clothes, turn down the heating a few degrees, just a few examples but will they do it , will the fook, a bunch of loner rich kids with nothing else to do and mammy has to find something to do for their little darlings.

Interesting that you bring up their socio-economic background, can you provide a source for that info

I cant provide a source for you, but I will give you a hint, listen to the silly accents that sound more American than Irish, not too many ordinary Dubs or country accents from what I hear.

Having a look at their names also usually provides a clue.

You might also have an answer as to what these kids bring to the table while your at it.

Post edited by MBE220d on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They are fully entitled to be concerned about their future and protests are a time honoured rite of passage. Such things tend not to do very much most of the time but there is no harm in them being out there reminding those who've made commitments that they have agreed to. 

I think the person with the main focus on her has gone from being mildly interesting with her unusual strikes on Fridays thing to being a run of the mill antagonistic activist. Some of the more recent comments have been less than parliamentary. She's welcome to do so but that now puts her in a position where she is less likely to be taken seriously.  Eyes are now very much on these promises to see how they transpire.

What's Eamon Ryan going to achieve at COP26?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I advocate wind along with much better interconnections with the European continent. It means ireland can build build excess capacity and sell electricity to europe when we have a surplus.

A continental grid is a very diverse one with multiple points of failure

We could build multiple new interconnections for the cost of 1 nuclear plant

Nothing like the rest of them, posing for a few photos for the family album at best.

The people that could make a difference couldn't be bothered to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ululator

It's all a load of shiite, and nothing sunni about it.

Wealthy children playing games flying around world to hold up bits of paper and have a ****-in, with as many clues as clouseau as to what they're actually doing,

China belching out krakatoa's-per-second to produce blink-and-break rubbish that nobody needs, wants but buys,

Data centres that expel the heat of stars and eat the electricity of small nations being built to host infinite cat videos,

government ding-a-lings grabbing money because people aren't folding their used teabags correctly.

It's all a load of old snot, and makes as much sense.

There's nothing as cool as acting cool.

Very cool.

if only virtue signalling could end climate change we’d be in the clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

The greens had nothing to do with the power plants closing, for maintenance. The climate crisis was not created by the greens, don’t be moronic.

Surely there's a school of cool that you run, somewhere that others could learn the fine art of single word responses that have the outward appearance of nonchalant non-effort, yet have the zing and zap of electric coolness?

You can call it "skool4dcool" and have a test for coolness before graduating.

That would be deep. Cool deepness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement