Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

They deserved that. A long two weeks now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

When is the West Ham game at Anfield? I’ll enjoy the break of hearing how Cresswell was let go as a young fella … every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Think the utd result has gone to their heads, bring back nat phillips because that defence is shockingly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bullied at set pieces today. Couldn't handle them at all. West Ham have a lot of big physical players and actually put in some great deliveries but we gave Allison no protection at all. Second goal someone just foul Bowen and take the yellow. Just let him run past 3 or 4 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is a way to lose a game, we did that today. Of course Mane missed two sitters.

SALAH HAS GONE 310 MINUTES WITHOUT A GOAL

• Advertisement

Big weekend for Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah man city will beat these next comfortably, we just don't have it this year unfortunately, hopefully pick up a cup somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why?

2 points against Brighton, Westham & Brentford is simply not good enough

Then coming up short in home games against City & Chelsea, We are only 2 points ahead of Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Definitely an exaggeration but I can't see us winning it.

We seem to be prone to more spells with very little intensoand the defensive errors are getting more and more commonplace.

The whole passage for West Ham's second, the sloppy play, the lack of intensity to match a driving run, the terrible Matip decision to step half-heartedly and then Ali's poor dive....I'm just afraid the spine won't be there to keep the goals out in Winter when we will be having to try everything to nick a goal without Salah magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

We would be a mid-table team without Salah and most mid-table teams would be where we are if they had Salah. We just can't defend at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Klopp is a miracle worker but that's the pure sign of a squad stretched too far.

Too many tired players in need of a break that can't get one and you can see the results on years of under-investment in the squad.

FFS they didn't even replace Wijnaldum this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Totally deserved win for West Ham. Midfield non-existent. Robbo terrible. Mane terrible. Alisson terrible, albeit very exposed by his defence.

Good time for an international break, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yup midfield very poor, upfront very poor, defence poor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As I said earlier, no complaints.

You can't have that bad a day at defending set pieces and expect anything.

Also, West Ham figured us out. Crowd Salah, and generally, the other 2 are unreliable in creating much. We then have to go to the wings, where it ends up slow and lethargic, and they can mop up most things at CB.

It's the sort of game where we needed gamechangers off the bench, and the lack of investment told. Origi scored a super goal, but he and Taki changed very little in how we played for the better. Taki, in particular, was pointless. Thiago, not looking particularly fit or in tune with the team.

Robertson played that game on reputation only. No good reason to keep his spot at the moment.

We're a step below City and Chelsea, and it's down to the squads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ox is surely gone after this season too. He’s lost his touch a long time ago, not enough for us off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That was our first loss and only 4 points off the league leaders, it's far too early to write off this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

It's poor no doubt.

Matches like that happen. I was actually more bent out of shape over the Brighton game to be honest.

1 point from 6 isn't good against those teams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

David Moyes is a football genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Advertisement

He's done very well to mold that team into a good side.

Mad to think he probably wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Covid. Those empty stadiums gave him the time and space to lose games and he started really poorly last season.

Not sure if you are serious, but there is no doubt he is getting a tune out of this team. Solid all round, good on the break, deadly at set pieces. That’s built on the training ground. Fair does to him, I like Moyes.

Our midfeild is killing us

You're in the Liverpool thread.

It is funny how Utd gave Moyes, what, 8 months and have given Ole 3 years. He definitely got a raw deal there... timing was all wrong for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Very disappointing. Very slow start, dominated possession but didn't really cut open the massed defence at all. Still should have gotten something out of the game, those 2 chances missed by Sadio!! FFS!!

Most disappointing for me was that we seemed unprepared for West Hams style. We didn't deal with their corners at all, 2 goals and a rattled crossbar! Very poor preparation, we all knew what they were going to bring to the party, we have to be better prepared than we were. I know Ali has to do better for both goals, but we didn't protect his zone at all, Zouma just strolled into the back stick untouched, his run should have been blocked off.

Expectations were a lot higher back then, MU were defending champions and used to winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Henderson was really poor today too. Pawson is a shocking ref but he want anywhere near him to be in his ear. He stood and watched Antonio bully Allisson time and time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I don't agree with this totally. This is the first time in years he's getting a a run of games together. If he's lost his touch it's because he doesn't get enough game time. He's obviously not the answer, but a few more games he should get more match sharp. But he probably will be dropped again soon as Thiago is back. But with our injury problems at the moment, we do need him.

I agree with most regarding lack of investment. In midfield especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Id seriously give robbo and mane some extended time on the bench at this stage, i dunno are they burnt out or what but they are fecked

• Advertisement

Can’t leave Mane out while Bobby is injured. I hate to say it, but Robbo, who has been my favourite player for the last few years has lost his mojo. I don’t know why Tsimikas didn’t start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ali actually has to better for all three goals tbf.

Blame is shared on them all, thought CBs gave him scant protection for the first for example, but it's worrying to see him underpar for three goals.

Im genuinely concerned but hopefully we can get the numbers up from injury.

And that's were the finger has to be pointed at FSG. Letting Wijnaldum leave without replacing him, relying on the 36-year-old James Milner and youth players that comes through, there just hasn't been enough investment in the squad.

Klopp has Liverpool operating so far above the level of support he's getting. No other team with title aspirations has to work with so little.

he's not good enough to be starting for Liverpool... imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No idea what was going on for Zouma's goal. Every Liverpool player staring at the ball as it came in and Zouma comes in at the back post for a free header and scores. I mean Trent actually backs away from where the ball lands like he's thinking about the counter attack already.

True. Without being funny, Ole being there still should be all the proof needed to show how standards have slipped there since.

When Moyes is given time, ie at Everton and now West Ham, he generally does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

HAd we beat Brighton we'd be second, had we beaten Brentford we'd be top.

Those are the points lost, not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Tsimikas needs to be first choice for a while. Robertson is holding the team back big time this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Set piece was the big worry and set pieces were the difference. Fair play to West Ham they deserved the win.

Second half very poor. Thought the subs were too late. Mane should have equalised. Extremely frustrating in a few different areas today, my main gripe being Robertson's performance and crossing today. We have an able deputy who's crossing has been top class this season. It's an easy swap. It's harder in other areas I know, but that one is easy.

First loss in 7 months and only 4 points off top do not exactly panic stations just yet. 27 games to go, plenty time to make up those points. 2 weeks to stew on that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yeah Klopp was too late with the changes yet again. You could see the second West Ham goal coming..we were so lazy and sloppy.

the last replay i watched there was Rice actually stopped VVD from jumping for the ball (held him around the waist) .... but VVD has to be stronger there.. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Maybe I'm being too positive but we lost away to West Ham who are flying in the same week(ish) when Chelsea drew at home to Burnley & City lost at home to Palace (8 days ago I know).

Maybe this is a more regular season where the champions lose games and not a 90 or 100 point season. Teams will drop points. Keep within touching distance of the top spot and next time, take advantage. It's only November, not March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Surprising lack of blame for Matip re: the 2nd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

No way am I writing off a title challenge already. Plenty of games Chelsea and City have looked off this year already as well. Two weeks for Klopp and the coaching staff to figure out the number of goals we're conceding. I think it's 10 league games from now until the AFCON, likely need to win 7 of those.

If it's not the league, sure we'll just have to settle for the CL again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disappointing result also disappointing that Origi keeps scoring great goals and rarely gets more than a few minutes here and there.

he's done it a few times this season or similar (think i remember against milan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Damn right,at the moment if you were to ask me will we win the league,I would say no chance,but football is a funny old game,qualified for the champions league and 4 points off top. Of course there is plenty of problems in the team but feck it if anyone is writing off this team. Just remember the Hodgson years(Shudders). Look we are all pissed off the squad hasn't been invested in since we won the title,we have no control over that. Let's see where we are after Xmas. That will tell a lot

Today is another day like Brentford away having the ability to play 3 5 2 would have benefited us,

The extra CB at set peices would have been so handy

It will be an interesting one for Klopp. If he drops Robbo for an extended run, I think it will be the first time he's done so to an "undisputed" first-teamer and replacing him with a guy signed to be back-up. We'll see if Klopp's maybe too loyal to under-performing favourites.

Fabinho is basically an extra CB at set pieces anyways. West Ham are just a massive team with Rice, Soucek, Antonio and the CBs. That won't happen every week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement