Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers

• 06-11-2021 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez red card - will that be a 1 game ban or a 3 game ban and if its a 3 game ban, who is the likely backup keeper at Brighton. Steele or Scherpen ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think it might be 1, which given the crime doesn't really sit right but that's another day's argument.

If you do need to ship on, Guaita or McCarthy are on decent runs, Palace with slightly better fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I need to ship on Sa & I think I’ll be going for Guaita.

Toney & Christensen my other headaches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll do Havertz to Jota now that we know Firminos injury means he is out for several weeks. Im taking FPL so seriously this season that Im off to Lansdowne Road on Thursday to run the eyetest on him first 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Xander10

It mightn't mean anything, but Scherpen Squad number 16, Steele 23.

Hopefully Potter gives a heads up pre match day.

Scherpen stands 6ft 8in. Must be the tallest keeper in a PL squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I would be surprised if it's not steele, also fucked because he's my sub keeper and I have already made my transfer this week moving Firmino on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've 2 FTs. I'll likely have to use one to move on Havertz. I like the idea of getting either Kane or Son in as I sense a boost for them under Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Sanchez to Guaita done with my one free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Want Jota in, likely for Mount. Might even pull the trigger if he scores today

Mbrumbo, Toney also up for the chop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

it will be one game. Steele has been on the bench for every game so I’d imagine he will start.

Also, just a reminder to everyone, it’s international week so you may want to hold off on transfers for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Can go Vardy to Kane but already brought in Son this week for a blank so is it worth the pain? Any signs of life the last 2 Conte games? I haven't seen much of Spurs at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FTs & don't mind taking a -4.

I like to think that having 3 transfers over an international break for a -4 is almost a mini wildcard for free if it pays off.

I'm looking at Havertz -> Son. Not tempted by Jota, yet, even if he is nailed.

Vardy to anybody. Might go cheap so that I won't have much of a benching headache.

And possibly Raphinha out. Leeds fixtures don't look too appealing. Maybe Rudiger/James -> Regulion.

One blank too many for Toney, if you can't score against Norwich leave out the brothel. Saint-Maximin is in, bound to catch fire. McCarthy replaces Sanchez, at least for one gameweek. Otherwise, Vardy is the escape artist...not throwing away a -8 for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I sold Christensen this week but still think he's great value as long as you have a good sub. Not sure what to do with Toney.

Mbeumo and Toney have been frustrating to own. We all know their underlying stats are pretty decent but on the pitch after 11 GWs Toney is on 2 goals and 2 assists and Mbeumo is on 2 goals and no assists. Brentford have scored 13 goals so far with the two of them getting 4 of them. Their goals seem to be coming from all places rather than Toney and Mbeumo being the main men. Think I'll stick with Mbuemo for one or two more games but right now he is looking like a trap along the lines of Adama Traore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What keeper would you bring in for three weeks, price not an issue?

Sanchez out and my other keeper has a very bad run of fixtures.

Just to be clear I don’t own any spurs defenders but 3 of their next 4 are at home, and they have Leeds, Burnley(A), Brentford and Norwich - not a bad set of fixtures if Conte can work some magic. Failing that Palace have decent fixtures I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m stuck in a dilemma… James, Chilwell , Cancelo & Trent all killed me since the last IB.

Do I just go with them or do I look elsewhere. I’m not sure I’m ready for the same medicine between now & Xmas.

While I do like Spurs defenders now, they don’t offer much attacking wise & with that the others are absolutely crushing it.

I was always a fan of the big at the back strategy, so the last 4 weeks have hurt

Smith-Rowe in for Gray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Vardy and one of Gray/Mbuemo out

Saint-Maximin and Son in.

Both without much for but decent fixtures, hoping the international break gives the new managers a chance to turn it around. Son is always a worry coming back from Korea after IB's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

The Sanchez red card is a pain as my sub doesn’t play.

Trying to choose between:

Steer and Havertz to Foden/Jota and Foster, or

Vardy and Havertz to Son and Jiminez

The latter was the original plan but not having a playing GK is not ideal.

• Advertisement

I meant keeper wise spurs/Palace might be a good shout.

Thanks for that, was considering Lloris and your post got me there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking of Gray to Gallagher or Zaha

No GK isnt ideal but if you went to Foster who plays Man United he is less than likely to get a clean sheet and you end up using a transfer just to get 2 points. Then you're stuck with Foster in a leaky Watford defense and their fixtures after that are Leicester, Chelsea, Man City- its hard to see clean sheets there either. So you could end up in an even worse situation.

It might be better to just suck up Sanchez' one game ban and just play with 10 men for one gameweek. The other assumption is Sanchez goes straight back into the side and doesnt lose his spot to Brighton 2nd keeper Steele. It seems like he is nailed though and should be straight back into the side after serving the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Vardy to Kane. Fcuk it

He's out for two league games and then his first game back is away to West Ham so I don't think hanging on to him is a good idea.

ok right, I didnt know that, the FPL site is saying he is suspended until Nov 27th which is a game day but they must mean he is suspended till after that game. Worth selling in that case, Ramsdale or Guiata would look to be the best replacements.

Surprised he got a two game ban as it was just a trip rather than a two footed out of control tackle but I suppose he did deny a genuine goal scoring opportunity that might have won Newcastle the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why would he be out for more than one game? It wasn't violent conduct.

Maybe you are right then, I thought they had two fixtures before the 27th.

• Advertisement

Any love for Newcastle attackers, now that Howe is in?

I just looked it up there and found this tweeted two days ago

Not sure why the FPL site is saying he is suspended till Nov 27th when technically his suspension ends after the GW12 fixture on Nov 20th.

I own him myself and also have Ramsdale. I would have selected Sanchez away to Villa for GW12 over Ramsdale playing away to Liverpool but Im forced into the latter now so wont be expecting a clean sheet. Though Ramsdale is a good shot stopper so he might deliver up a save point or two. At least I didnt have him on the pitch at the weekend for his red, a rival did play him and got -1 while Ramsdale got me 7 points.

Brentford, Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley, not the worst run of fixtures and Wilson has 4 goals and 1 assist from 7 starts which is pretty good output for his price. Always an injury concern about him though and also Howes Bournemouth werent exactly a gung ho attacking team. Still though I think he is worth considering, just depends if Im going to stick with a 3-4-3 or go 4-4-2 and play Livramento

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Think it's just way it's coded?

He is suspended until his next match. Think it's always been that way with suspensions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did Ben Johnson . 4m but will he keep his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Vardy out, Kane in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

A long time ago, the Ryan Fraser / Callum Wilson double up was great value.

Interesting chat on the Totally Football show podcast yesterday - they expect Howe to focus on attack because he’s never been able to organise a defence at PL level- fewest goals Bournemouth ever conceded was 60 in one season.

They also talked about how poor Spurs have been attacking in the PL - very few shots on target in the last few games. Their point was that Spurs lack a creator of chances like they used to have with Eriksen.

yeah I saw some stat on Spurs for shots in the box so far this season, something ridiculous like only 9 in 11 games. Conte has a job on his hands there. Another stat I saw was that Regulion has never scored for Spurs in 37 PL starts and his cross accuracy is just 28%. People should bear that in mind before thinking he is going to go wild under a Conte wing back system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭thefallingman

grealish and jansson out Regulion and foden in

As soon as Doherty gets his first start I'll be bringing him in, he's perfect for Conte's system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Any love for Jesus as a replacement for Vardy? City's next few fixtures arent all bad. Already have 2 Spurs players

• Advertisement

Im considering him myself as a Vardy replacement. In a season where no forward has gone wild he is doing ok (3rd out of all forwards on 50 points) and as Pep roulette goes he seems to get good minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2FT's

Tempted to get rid of Gray & bring back Gallagher after missing his 2 big hauls but convinced it wont continue and I've missed the boat. Convince me I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭skippy15

Vardy and mount out for me I think just don't seem consistent enough, looking at either son/Wilson or Kane/ Gallagher or smith Rowe but think I'll wait on Kane bandwagon to start rather than get on 2 3 stops early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Right hopefully Kane is whipped off early here, I'll be getting him in for Vardy as planned

Kane scoring goals but it was San Marino & Albania. I'd rather he started scoring in the league first, but the fixtures are appealling.

Currently looking at a couple of different options. Want to eventually bring out one of James/Rudiger for TAA again. And also possibly the other or White for Regulion.

Havertz is on the chopping board, and only for other transfers I want are taking precedence, it's somewhat saving him.

I'm gonna do Vardy -> Wilson anyways. Think it will be a fun one. And will free up a good chunk of funds too. Mid price range strikers of Wilson, Jimi & Antonio will keep things ticking along and after the last GW, I'm happy to bench Antonio for some of the tougher games coming up for West Ham.

Regulion, Son & Kane all on the watchlist but I'm a bit apprehensive about loading up on Spurs before the hit any bit of form.

Tempted by Cornet but I'm not sure how often I would start him. Maybe I'm just better off getting in a 4.5 for permabench and bringing in each of TAA, Regulion & Kane over the next 2 GWs in addition to Wilson and play 4-3-3.

Also, I'm half thinking that Leicester may spring a surprise against Chelsea in the early kick off. Score anyways. They will have had a few players not gone on international duty so would be able to work on the training pitch over the break on how to break them down. Leicester generally score every game too.

Vardy, Maddison, Barnes, Perez, Lookman, Albrighton, Soumare all didn't go on international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Meh...that seemed like the longest international break ever.

Looking like I'm going to follow up on a brutally bad transfer of Firmino in by replacing him with Callum Wilson which will no doubt end in more frustration and general headwreck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have Ings and he's still red flagged but latest Villa video of Stevie G's first session shows him training.

Im more than likely going to Wilson for Vardy as well, its a bit of a leap of faith but I think it could pay off as he's done very well under Eddie Howe in the past and his fixtures are favourable with Brentford, Arsenal, Norwich and Burnley in the next four.

My conundrum is whether to replace Havertz with Son or Jota, probably leaning towards Son. I could also do a 3rd transfer for a -4, if I did it would be admitting Mbeumo was a mistake and going to ESR or Gallagher. I might wait a week though as Eze is on the way back and I was reading that he will likely play further forward than Gallagher.

Another thing I was reading is the fixture list is packed, its 10 gameweeks in the space of the next 40 days from Saturday. There is CL fixtures in there as well so having a playing bench will be important from now to January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Out: Vardy, Antonio

In: Kane, Wilson

It's a transfer that the outgoing players could easily outscore the incoming players, but gonna hope Kane can continue his run of hattricks against minnows with Leeds (h) this week. Antonio seems to have regressed, Wilson has a nicer fixture run and hoping him being reunited with Howe leads him back to goals rather than injuries

• Advertisement
Advertisement