Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood Houses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

3 bed houses in the neighbouring Beechpark estate have gone up form 550k to 650k in the past year so the prices are now the going rate in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

Aside from Cherry Lane or Beechpark, have anyone bought in Domville (Cherrywood)? I heard the estate agents DMPC and HMD are calling people for off market viewing. I haven't received anything...

• Not under any circumstances would I invest in Cherrywood at prices like that. I can’t see it becoming a particularly desirable area. Much better can be bought nearer the city at same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I managed to get a viewing in Cherry Lane anyway, accidentally, despite clicking the email link several hours after it went up. Just from this point of view, the demand seems to be substantially less than for the last round of houses at Clay Farm (where I signed up 3 minutes after receiving the email and still didn't make the cut). I didn't mean to sign up, I thought if I followed the link out of curiosity it would just show more details of what was available, but it immediately signed me up and gave me a viewing time, so I've cancelled nonw.

I suppose it's not surprising. It's about 100k more expensive for the same thing in what seems like arguably a worse location. It may have been deliberate in that they'd rather take a bit longer to sell them if they can get prices that are a good bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danspam

I'm going to take a look on Sat anyway, curious if there's anything that justifies the quite high price (bathtubs made out of gold?).

I also found this in the IT article about it: "[...] selection of two-bedroom homes, mainly two-storey, that are being sold off plans. Completion dates are for early 2023." Essentially 550k for a 2-bed with a completion in 1.5 years... Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 vrn

I got a call with a price 550k to 600k for 3bhk . But they also asked to deposit 10k for viewing as well . Is this call legitimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ab8808

I would say not legit. I got a mail from EA, that's it. No calls or anything. No one asked for a deposit.

Beware of scammers, they are coming with all kind of tricks. Best way to identify them is their fake accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinemathsgr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

A bolthole in Cherrywood? Ffs, pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 megha309

Hi. Would you be able to quote specific areas in the city where I can buy better at same prices please? We have been looking for a while now but anywhere closer to the city is highly expensive! Will appreciate it you can share what you know.

• Advertisement

We went in today out of curiosity. They have free coffee and ice cream, and a train ride..... anything to make you feel like you are investing in a premium property 😂

Can't see why the prices are so high for teeny tiny homes. The bathrooms were rather well done up for sure, and loved the big windows and doors. But otherwise there's barely any walking space inside the house or in the very small backyard. Storage spaces are minimal too.

The starting prices for 3bed are about 90k higher than Domville and Clay Farm, without much to justify them either. Domville is just on the other side of Tully Park, literally a 5 minutes walk away, and closer to the Luas line. So I just can't make sense of Cherry Lane prices!

Anyone who can offer more perspective on Cherry Lane prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

These prices make no sense unless the promised amenities are developed.

Does anyone know what is the current state of play with the retail and leisure complex? They promise  67,000 square metres of retail, F&B and leisure space but, far as I can see, this part of their website hasn't been updated recently. Has a retail anchor tenant been announced?

The plans include three sizeable public parks with sports facilities, floodlighting etc. . Do they exist?

I see a new school opened its doors in Cherrywood last year

https://www.educatetogether.ie/list-of-schools/dublin-primary-school/cherrywood-educate-together-national-school/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sia Ng

We went for viewing this weekend too. No idea the reputation of this UK based developer, seems quite new in Ireland market. I have same feeling that they have put lot effort to establish this very first phase (also the coming thousand houses) a higher benchmark, in terms of price and their target buyer. We also don't understand the huge price gap between Clayfarm as well as Domville. Anyone opinions? Maybe coz Cherrylane is closer to amenities (school, Tully park, Sport park, etc). I personally don't like the 3B layout assigned in 3 storey. The acoustic was bad when we were viewing, basically you can feel ppl walk on top. Zero extension opportunities coz Attic has been used as the third bedroom, same as 4B layout. The only extension chance comes from the rear garden. Overall, stunning view, substantial open space. House quality and price compare with surrounding, mhhhh, big question mark.

• Currently there are totally decent houses for sale in Saggart for under €300. 1450 square metres at Millrace going for €275. Not necessarily a better location than Cherrywood, but a lot cheaper. I was there the other day, very nice mature village. Golf, hotel, pubs, church, LUAS nearby, beside mountains, lakes, schools, shops, very good nursing home, medical services, access to motorway.

Saggart is not nearer the city! But thanks for the info, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

It makes no sense to me, especially being so far outside the city and almost 1h on the luas. I would have expected prices close to Cellbridge/Maynooth given how slow the luas is.

It seems like they are really hoping for panicked buyers that have lost their minds.

While a big town centre may be built in future, there is nothing there now to justify those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Woah

Be very wary of any promised future amenities. Just take a look at clongriffin, shopping centre built and left empty over a decade along with multiple empty units on the main street.

To be fair they have already finished the new roads and parks for the area, I work in Cherrywood so I've seen the progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Woah

Roads and parks are pretty basic amenties I would hope they have them sorted for the money being charged!

They don't always do them first though. Which amenities would you be worried about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

Shops, restaurants, cinema.medical, sports. All promised here. Any progress?

https://cherrywoodretail.ie/

I think they have started on the shopping centre and have done some astro pitches. I'm gonna have a look at the houses next week, a friend is interested in them.

• IMO crazy stuff to buy here at the moment. It makes sense on no level to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Asimo1

Post edited by Asimo1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SchruteFarms

Went up to see the Mercer Vale houses at Cherrywood. The houses are nice and I am thinking of buying one. Any idea on the retail park? Since when is it under construction?

The area looks a bit industrial/concrete jungle like with construction happening everywhere. However, I understand for any developing area this will be an issue. Once the area is more settled, it will be quite enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Wasn't the cinema cancelled in favour of carrickmines, or am I imagining that?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

Got a house/Duplex at Graydon. TL next phase is coming soon. Also have mercer vale at cherrywood. What to do.

Graydon, New Castle - 3 Bed HOUSE, 400K, or Duplex at 385 K. Sadly opposite school site and not a side terrace which I wanted.

TL - 3 Bed HOUSE, Perhaps at 440 or 450 K for next phase

Cheery Wood - Duplex, 3 Bed, 500K

So Cherry Lane launch has been deferred to late 2022 now. Any idea on why that could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

I believe from the posters other posts that TL refers to Tandys Lane in Lucan and nothing to do with Cherrywood. It looks like the poster is weighing up his/her options between various developments

Advertisement