Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Commentary so much better without Jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 60,589 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah :)

After Dynamite went off air someone choked someone out by their tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Was thinking Shida Deeb III is definitely worthy of the ppv, but they didn't seem to mention the feud this week, unless I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, they didn't unfortunately. Nyla and Shida had an encounter, that was about it. It'd be a great match but in absence of it, I'd like to see a team vs team match for the buy in at least. Could do Nyla, Jade, Hayter, Soho/Statlander Vs Shida, Red Velvet, Thunder Rosa, Soho/Statlander. Need to get more women on the card really.

• Advertisement

Ember Moon should be top of the list to get from the WWE releases another ready to go female for the AEW roster right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Has Strowman only ever followed Wyatt (and only Wyatt) on Twitter, or is that perhaps telegraphing them appearing as a duo wherever they turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They need more TV ready talent in that division.

Moon would be a great signing. Great athlete, smooth in the ring, killer finisher and shes in fantatsic shape.

Their womens division is lacking

I'm not sure it's lacking in the sense of talent just in star power I would argue it's women's roster of wrestlers is actually better than the WWE's

Britt is star.

Thunder Rosa, Serena Debb, Ruby Soho are as talented as any women in the world I just don't think they have that star aura yet.

Tay Conti seems get as big a pop as most men on the roster every time she goes out.

Statlander, Hogan, Nyla Rose, Penelope Ford, Anna Jay, The Bunny, Leyla Hrish, Big Swole really good to very good even if some are green.

Jade Cargil could be the crossover star of the future.

That doesn't include the Japanese who all a pretty damn good in the ring.

Compare that to the WWE star power Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Bliss & Bayley.

Rhea and Bianca would be the next level down good hands but not stars,

Then under card of woman is piss poor and those that do have talent are given 2 minute matches pushed one week dropped the next and won't the the support to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm surprised Leyla wasn't in the tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's generous.

Rosa, Deeb (probably the best women's wrestler around now with Sasha basically being a part-timer and Bayley out) and Shida are the only properly good wrestlers. Riho is good when she's around.

Britt is the most charismatic but can't wrestle for toffee.

I'm a Ruby fan but she's average as it gets and has already had a couple of sloppy matches.

Cargill is The Look™ and nothing else.

The rest are on a scale of crap to alright but a lot of them are young so they have that on their side.

I forgot Shida how the hell did I forget Shida.

Shida, Jamie Hayter and Red Velvet are 3 more to add to that list. But do not forget the biggest star of them all Brandi 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Shida is absolutely class I'd love her to have a proper feud with Baker could full on psycho clattering hater and Reba with the kendo sticks

Tony Schiavone off commentary and wrestling on the first match of Dark Elevation last night.

Great to see The Blade back in the ring on the show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Players Tribune piece written by Eddie Kingston.

I always wondered did Eddie have some Irish in him with his real name being Edward Moore and now I find out he does in that piece when he talks about his Irish dad.

Also pretty big deal that Eddie got a piece in The Players Tribune.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I got a bit emotional reading that from Eddie, this is why I love the man and why he gets the pop he does. Someone that we can all relate to and shows us we can over come our demons

The success he's having, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Amazing read. I'm sure plenty (myself included) can relate to the struggles he's spoken about with his mental health. It's refreshing to hear someone as 'tough' as him talk about it though. Definitely deserves every bit of the success and long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That's an excellent piece with Eddie Kingston. I wouldn't have been aware of his background and history. Fair play to AEW for giving him the initial shot and major kudos to him for making such a success of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That's one of the best pieces I've read in ages. Hope he has many more years of success.

Page & Omega need to put on one hell of a promo tonight at the contract signing to get butts in seats as they say.

Right now it's behind Kingston/Punk, MJF/Allin & Miro/Danielson for me.

The time Page took off killed the momentum for me.

Definitely agree with you. Feel like the Omega Hangman feud has cooled down completely. In all honesty it's been a bit **** since Page's return except for his promo in the ring.

It's actually gotten to the stage where I don't care if Hangman wins on Saturday and there's no way I would have said that around August if they were to have their match set for All Out. I also am not a big fan of Dark order so was hoping he'd get away from them.

Spine tingling Eddie Kingston is the most compelling wrestler in the world today for me.

This Eddie might also give the world the Punk they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You know what that last point reads like, to me at least anyways. it says without actually saying it. How dare Hangman take a few weeks for himself due to his wife having their first kid.

But that's just my reading of it.

Well you got the wrong reading for my post so that shows me where your mind and thinking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭kksaints

In fairness, bringing the feud back for a month before Hangman took leave was a mistake imo. It dulled the momentum behind it and also Hangman winning a ladder match for the title shot was also somewhat anticlimactic. Now the match at the weekend will be great and hopefully we'll get a clean Hangman victory but for what should be a blood feud it's been a lacklustre build up to an extent so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They'll definitely need to out do themselves as he was definitely at his highest on that July 28th show with the promo and dark order entrance. Man he was red hot going into that show and was the night I fell back in love with wrestling.

Even if it doesn't feel as big they'll definitely knock it out of the park at Full Gear and the pop he'll get when he kicks out of the V-Trigger is gonna be something else. Hope they don't turn it into a spot fest and only have the one V-Trigger for him to kick out of. Then have him be the one to hand Bryan his first defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Honestly, I said this at the time but the moment for Hangman to go over was when he was sided with the Dark Order, it felt like the angle couldn't get any hotter. Over time I sort of was talked around to it that it was the right call. Of course, him taking a paternity leave is understandable and great to see that happening in this day and age and fairplay to him for being a good partner and father and taking the time at such a high point of his career but it honestly feels like they hotshotted him into the title scene again to be in time for Full Gear. The feud cooled down and instead of letting it rebuild over time they rushed it in my opinion.

It's at the point now where if Hangman doesn't win I'm fine with it to be honest. They lost a lot of the momentum they had for what felt like a defining point for the company. Just my two cents, match will be a banger and sure it will be a great moment if he wins regardless though.

Advertisement