Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiking.

Options

Comments

• I would name one of the drugs here only I don’t want to feed into any knowledge on this forum which might be taken up by a lurker with bad intentions, even though all they have to do is Google it. Certain drugs have the requisite amnesic plus sedative qualities for the nefarious purpose of compromising a person for whatever malintent there might be. As I said earlier one minute in the dark web and you can source and order.

But again, I would understand that many who people do not really believe how easy it can be to do simply because it never crossed their mind to do it. That’s to do with human nature. And unless we are provoked to be more curious we can remain in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

How would you know what turned up in a "friend" of another posters drug screen??

• I just got whatappd a Noel Kelly publicity feed to the papers re Lottie & Bonnie Ryan having got “spiked” some time…. 🙄 Much as I affirm it happens, everyone seeking publicity is in for a slice of the action it seems.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

10 years ago.

But sure it keeps them in the news.

They got in before Vague Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,437 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If I was telling lies I'd just do what you did with your quite possibly makey-uppy thyrod-thingy and google a likely candidate drug and post about it. It's hardly rocket science now is it?

The gas thing is that I'm supposed to subject friends I've known for years to interrogations and demand solemn notarized copies of their medical reports before believing them yet when I apply that criteria back to the random anonymous internet poster proposing it, he gets his knickers in a twist.

@[Deleted User] yeah .......... the thought had crossed my own mind as to whether some posters were looking for "tips" as to what might be a "good" one to use.........

• Advertisement

• I’d say none or few here are looking for tips per se, but there are people out there who learn much through discussion forums and get the idea for further research. Feeding names of such drugs (which are on the top of my head) only speeds up the processing of ideas and withholding may at least delay the commission of even one attempted crime. The main issue would be more people lurking on sites. There are scientifically qualified people who probably frequent the site here but for good reason they are not detailing the information they know to prove a point. Look through a Tor app which has some indexes using the requisite term and you have instant access to carry out spiking… provided the substance that arrives at your specified post box is indeed as it says on the Tor tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Thalya Heffernan an Irish model ,apparently spiked too , I never heard of her until this afternoon.

I'm safe , I'm not goid looking enough to be spiked.

People can spiked to facilitate robbery too. When I alluded to this earlier, other posters apparently thought I was calling the poster ugly..........

So far we've had a couple of models , half baked celebrities and a few 19 year old students.

Well you won't have any articles about lads being interviewed after getting a few smacks outside a chipper over the weekend but that doesn't mean that if you went to A&E on Sat night you would not have found any.

Would ya tend to run to the papers yourself and expect an Irish Times interview if ya did get a few slaps one night?

• Advertisement

Nor have we anything documented to say what people have been spiked with despite a line of people queuing up to give their story.

So what would satisfy your requirements? Would a notarized copy of the medical report suffice?

Given that that still wouldn't prove they were spiked. Especially in the case of someone spiked with alcohol.

It would be impossible to satisfy absolute deniers tbh. I'm not saying you are one.

Yes , once it was delivered by the tooth fairy.

I never mentioned my thyroid in here. You are the one who brought it up. I mentioned it in another thread that had nothing to do with spiking. Little bit scary that your stalking me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DullSpark

Could it be a case that a lot of people are out drinking to late bars and clubs since the lockdowns have ended and have forgotten what their tolerance for alcohol is like. Don't think that many would have been slugging double vodkas and red bulls when the pubs were only open until 11.

Many years ago I worked behind a bar where we would sometimes give people an extra shot or a generous shot, nothing pervy or premeditated in it, just trying to be sound.

Alot of these spiking victims are young girls. Those who are 18 to 21 have little to no nightlife experience over the covid which is another reason they may be getting oblivorated or 'spiked'

• It’s indeed very true that someone (especially a young person) suddenly launching into a quick series of high alcohol shots may think from lack of experience that their reaction is highly unusual/disabling. But most sudden alcoholic poisoning beyond usual tolerance causes profound nausea and highly unpleasant spinning room effect and is recognised as extreme drunkenness (indeed dangerous as vomit can be inhaled). If this is very first time reaching this state beyond “pleasant inebriation” it could be interpreted as spiking, and more likely in pretty young drinkers. Later on over-indulgence is realised and immediately regretted.

• I’m talking really in general terms about naming amnesiac drugs for sedation/anaesthesia and why somebody might not want to name any particular ones.

Ok, well I was asking the other poster what actual drugs were found in his “friends” system.

Anyone can google sedatives. It’s not a state secret ffs. A pharmacist gave us a list of ones that could be injected earlier in the thread, but gave the caveat that it would be very noticeable.

Your story reminds me of an occasion I was abroad years ago as part of a fairly large group of 18-25 year olds. There was not a lot of options so we all ended up in one small place which had music and a bit of a dance floor. There were some random locals there but it would have been fairly empty had we not been there. I left reasonably early enough in the night. When I got up the next morning I heard that after I had left, other lads in the group, harmless and quiet lads, had been given digs for no reason and dragged out by the bouncers. Others had been just put out without being injured. But every single fella in the group was ejected over the course of the last hour. The girls who were drinking got very drunk but there were some non-drinkers who realised that the barmen were giving the other girls double shots (or more) every time and the non-drinkers made sure to gather them up and get them all out in a group at the end of the night. The barman weren't filling the shots out of measures or optics - straight out of the bottle into a glass.

Nothing came of it luckily enough but that was the MO of the place - a coordinated ejection the fellas to leave the drunk girls there for the locals.

And no, before ye ask, I don't have any toxicology reports or police reports for the night in question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

You seem to be placing a lot of trust in your friends, many of which seem to end up in not so favourable situations.

Nothing in your story suggests spiking. If others noticed the generous amounts dished out it was not done covertly. Sorry, but if people are happy to drink their double/ triple measures then they also have to deal with the consequences.

• Advertisement

Giving someone more drink than they expect is a form of spiking.

And yes, I do have friends. Many different, otherwise unrelated, groups in fact. It's not that unusual in real life.

No, not necessarily. Sounds like you were abroad where alcoholic measures can be handed out quite differently because alcohol is cheaper.

You said it was done in plain sight, so the poor drunk girls could have noticed this too had they paid attention. This is just a case of irresponsible drinking by people who later on could not accept accountability for their own actions. Are you seriously trying to compare this ridiculous story with the experiences other posters on this thread shared?

What are you on about? I was replying to a fella who said that he used to give an extra shot or a larger measure to people to be sound. Could you not make the connection between his post and mine? To make it a little easier to join the dots, you can notice which post I was quoting when I wrote it.

Yes, an innocent enough comment that you had to immediately turn into another spiking drama. You really seem to be surrounded by victims that attract all kinds of malevolent predators.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'd love to know how those who deny everything could live a fulfilling life considering nothing ever happens.

You may have quite an innocent view of the world if you don't believe that these kinds of things happen.

Yes, I am known for my innocence.

You misunderstood me though. If someone willingly gulps down copious amounts of alcohol they can only blame themselves for the misfortune that befalls them. The drinks were poured in front of them so the alcohol content was no surprise. If they were too drunk to care …well I guess that’s bad luck, but not spiking.

If you re-read my post you will see that it says that it was some of the non-drinking girls who realised what was going on. Not the ones who were (unknowingly) drinking more than they thought.

If you are drinking pints of Carlsberg then you have a fair idea of what you are consuming. If you are drinking vodkas and coke or similar then you are depending on the measures being accurate in order to have an idea. And also the strength of the spirits being mixed in

You’re some man for an anecdote. If I said I saw that happen in Tenerife I’d say you’d have seen it in Elevenerife. Spoofer.

• Advertisement

Donald Trump, did you ever think of changing your name to Greta Thunburg?

Advertisement