Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tenant opened my mail (which contained sensitive data)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

You’re the one attacking everyone!

Don’t know why you’ve got such a massive chip on your shoulder but you may as well give up on this thread because nobody cares for anything you’ve got left to say!

Perhaps learn how forums work while you’re at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Historically the OP only pops on here for advice, on what looks like a whole host of ‘I’ve been wronged how can I get retribution’ rhetorics.

I feel sorry for them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yeah, I'm wondering why you would even consider contacting the landlord or management company? It's got noting to do with them and is none of their business, surely? Why would the OP want to drag them into this?

It's Joe Duffy this guy needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

GlobalSun, you sound like a very miserable, spiteful person. You should be thanking the new tenant for contacting you about your letter instead looking for something to complain about.

• Advertisement

This thread is gas 😂

keep it going, I’ve had a sh1te day.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GlobalSun

Yeah, you're right, I'm so miserable...

...miserable that I thought it was a wise idea to seek advice on here because it seems a trend on this forum to attack the OP with ridiculous posts & accusations. I remember why I stopped posting on here altogether years ago. The pandemic must have gotten to my head if I decided to come back.

Oddly enough, I posted this question on a different forum and the answers are day and night. No one called me a spiteful person, no one accused me of being miserable and better yet, no one is distorting the facts to prove a point.

To the poster who used the term "historically": Historically, meaning my thread from last week? Because I hadn't posted in months / years since that last week's thread, so if you're looking to draw a historical pattern, that's not the right approach. Two posts in one week is hardly a pattern. Smh. If you're going to draw statistics, at least do it with a solid spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Great rants there!

I've asked, as have others, what you want/hope to achieve by escalating your issue with the landlord or the management company.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing the answer.

Maybe when you're finished giving out, you might consider answering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

You can't provide because the concierge could be the person opening it.

I don't hope to achieve anything on a personal level. It's not a case of personal satisfaction or anything. However, if they open everyone's mail (meaning every ex-tenant's not just mine), it becomes problematic. Yes, I understand it is the responsibility of the tenant to change their contact details with all providers (which was done in my case), but legally, it is an offense to open someone's mail. As I said, the guy who contacted me may not be the one who opened the mail, but then again, he never advised at any point during our conversation that the mail had been open and never apologized for it either. It's not only for me, but particularly for other previous tenants as well. That's all.

I seriously wonder if other posters would be so laid back about this if they come across the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The only way to resolve this is demand that the tenant gives you one of their letters to open, ideally of the same importance.

No. I've explained this on countless occasions as to why I know it's not the concierge.

When the tenant reached out to advise some mail had arrived, they specified the name of the sender. Except there was no way to find out the name of the sender without opening the envelope because the envelope was blank. There was no label, nothing aside from the post stamp. The only way the tenant found out about the sender's information was by opening the mail. Additionally, they wouldn't have known it was a bank card if they hadn't opened the mail because of the reason listed above. So yes, the tenants did open the mail (maybe not the guy who reached out, but one of the two people who live with him).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I'd say you've a good case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But why would you think that that would have anything remotely do with the landlord or management company? That's what puzzles a lot of us on here....

They're not their parents or guardians have no responsibility for them whatsoever, and would presumably be highly reluctant to get involved in an issue like that. I know I would!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is a mess. I'm going to look back and see if anyone seriously deserves points, but many of you should take this as a warning to cop on,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Some posts have been deleted and moderation points given out. More should probably have been done but its late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement