Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

That display is rubbish I’d build better myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So the savings down the line will only take 50 years over your current heating setup, that is for 1 heat pump. Lifespan of a heat pump is likely less than 10 years so you will never ever ever beak even.

M

Why can we not sell solar power back to the grid? That would encourage people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

wow 180 euro per square meter for external wall insulation. I looked at it in 2018 and the quotes I got were running at 100-120 per square meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Building an extention to have something to mount the solar panels on.

Real sustainability there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Grants are a load of.

M

If they trippled the price of oil and gas it would make sense.

M

That man talking far too much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''

• I said no, I own an apartment. They never ever account for apartment/duplex owners etc.

• Advertisement
    M

The 3 €800k hydrogen buses they bought that don't have air conditioning are a prime example of those making the purchasing decisions never ever using public transport themselves. The bus manufacturer must be still laughing at that decision.

M

Electric cars and spiked drinks tonight.

Hopefully it's not just a story of someone too tanked up to handle their liquor and actual confirmed chemical anaylsis of them being drugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This is so dumb. The problems she's highlighting are problems because they gave them a car and they haven't a clue about electric cars. So someone buying an electric car is going to do their research first!

Lads talking about fuel savings and half price tolls are all short term benefits because the government take in hundreds of millions in tax on fuel so when more people start moving to electric they're going to ramp up the price of electricity so it'll cost the same to "fill" your electric as it does an ICE today.

• My Toyota CH-R Hybrid runs on very little fuel city driving, and still relatively economical on long runs.

Nobby by name, Nobby by nature! Shill for EVs

M

I don't think I will touch one until long term battery life is clear, perhaps PCP for 3 years and then get another at the end is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No chance I'll be getting one for a long time. I don't have off street parking at home so they're completely unviable without home charging.

• Where Una & Bryan live (a neighbour of a late relative) there are no charging points in the vicinity except in a shopping centre about 3 kilometres away.

Surely if we wanted to listen about the documentary we would have just watched the documentary right before Byrne?

• Advertisement
    M

Sounds more like a heavy drinking session.

She used to be a top looking bird when she was younger. Plain average now.

M

So no evidence whatsoever of being drugged?

M

Honestly RTE, you call yourself a reputable source of news, joke of an organisation.

Where did her friend go? How can that happen?

M

It's The Moving Statues II.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Why is it so difficult for you to accept that this happens? Why do you automatically think these women are lying?

M

Another lets bash men story.

M

Because in 95% of cases it's people unable to handle their drink. If they dug in to their pockets for receipts or checked what they drank before they left for the pub they would see the figures add up to being incompacitated beyond their own control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Well you don't do yourselves any favours by reacting this way when women speak of their experiences with assault.

Maybe shut up, listen and do some self reflection

Advertisement