Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's not an original production though. Whoever produced the Irish show would have had to have paid a fee to the original show creators from England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats going on here? If Ray Goggins wanted to make a few quid after the show he didnt need to agree to a ticketed show in Galways Town Hall with Rory.

He should have just done a show with a couple of the other DS talking about their time in the Ranger unit, that would have been far more interesting and sold more tickets in bigger venues.

I must say I am a bit cynical about all this now. Like Rory failed event after event on the tv show and by rights he should have been gone. But Goggins never asked him for his armband and let him carry on while other contestants were kicked off the course for failing events, as is the norm. But it wasnt the norm for Rory, he was kept on the show and preferred over other genuine contestants who gave it their all.

And now 2 weeks after the show is over Goggins and Rory announce a theater tour with a show called 'Resilience' and tickets for sale in Galway, Limerick and Dublin. Has anyone looked up if they both have the same publicity agent yet?

Wouldn't be remotely surprised if Rory was fake crying during his time on the show just to gather sympathy and push the whole mental health spiel.

You couldn't pay me to listen to him drone on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - We can do better than to call people morons, that includes participants on the show, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Davy Fitzgerald announced on the Late Late show that "The Toughest Team" is coming back next year so that basically means the regular version of Hell Week won't be back, probably another "celeb" version next autumn. :(

I can't stand that Fitzgerald...there's actually so many TV programs nowadays with troubled kids as the focal point. Feels like exploitation. Davy's Toughest Team, John Connors Acting Academy and Raised by the Village off the top of my head.

Davy Fitzgerald coming along saying "How are you bud? Just stay off the drugs for one week bud, see how ya feel" and then later on roaring and shouting "KAMAN KEEP GOING KAMAN YOU CAN DO IT" isn't going to turn anyones life around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's Davy Fitz' show got to do with ultimate hell week?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They're the same type of show, so considering Davy's show is back, Hell Week won't be.

Not necessarily. Hell Week is very popular. I'd be surprised if its not back early next year

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that or are you just making it up to have another pop at Davy?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He was on the late late show last Friday night and when asked about what things he has going on, he said Toughest Team is back next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is Deric a qualified meteorologist?? Or did he just get that job on VM as a tv person aka Martin King?? As far as I know all of the RTÉ weather presenters are qualified, and it’s surprising how scientific and technical a qualification it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The RTE weather presenters work for Met Eireann, not RTE. They are meteorologists. I don't think Deric is qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Looks like these two have plans to work together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah it was mentioned earlier in the thread. It really throws the integrity* of the show into question. Rory should have been one of the first to be booted off, he was given way more chances than anyone else.

So now the question is when was this new adventure thought of? Was he kept in to keep his profile up and as an advertisement for this?

*I appreciate it's a light entertainment show.

I think Goggins would have been much better off to do this alone. How anyone would take advice from a selfish manchild is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

From 3 years ago..pot, kettle, black🤣

yeah big time, if Goggins was doing a show on his own I might be tempted to go along but no way would I go to see a show with him and that plank Rory.

And you are right about questioning the integrity of it all and wondering when this scheme was dreamt up. The show looks like it was filmed in June or July going by all the good weather that was in it and then it was screened in October. As soon as it was over they were announcing tickets for this Vicar Street show but a venue like that would have to be booked months in advance so I would guess they came up with the idea either directly after filming had finished.

I cant be bothered looking it up now but I'd suspect that Rory and Goggins share the same publicity agent and that person is who is pulling the strings here. Ive kind of lost a bit of respect for Goggins over it becasue someone like him who has served in the Army Rangers unit doesnt need to be latching on to a plank like Rory to make a few quid, he needs to get a better agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

lots of new doors opening for Rory

• Advertisement

Lost a lot of respect for Goggins over this. It's an obvious money grab, honesty, integrity my hole!

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Normally that type of thing wouldn't bother me. I'm all for milking an opportunity for all it's worth.

Just wish he had stayed away from special forces. He has tarnished the show somewhat.

That said I'm not losing sleep over it 🤣

Shame on Goggins. Talking about integrity and honesty etc and then gets into bed with that grifter.

It's back Thursday the 21st of April.

Very much doubt the regular folk will get any special treatment like Rory's wah wah wah Stories

Great to see it back. If I heard Goggins wasn't back, I wouldn't mind after the scheming he did with Rory. Rory failed multiple events yet was allowed to continue.

Resilience me hole...be more in line to talk about how getting into bed with the right person will get you further than you deserve.

A fitness instructor gone in the first 5 minutes and another fella two minutes after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And the first fella had a bit of a belly too. Great promotion for himself.

Some spoofers in that industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Third one gone.

Fitness instructors gone in the first five minutes while a dairy farmer remains. Some sham of a job fitness instructing is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Although quite often its code for an unemployed fella that happens to like gym programmes.

Advertisement