Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

If you hold any BTC ever you're in profit. Same goes for ETH and SOL and probably many others.

I just hit 100% profit last night, that's from being at least 60% down this year on numerous occasions. I don't trade and really just buy and hold and stake 90% of my coins.

The real question is how long this run can go before a big correction. That's the billion dollar question. Some expect Bull to be done and dusted by January first, with others predicting a lot longer cycle.

I'll be taking some profits myself but I'm not sure on how much and when. My BTC, ETH, HBAR and possibly SHIB I may not sell, the first three because I think over a long enough timeframe you'll be up. SHIB is my one in a million shot of escaping the rat race. I'd conservatively hope to double my current holding before Bear. But what do I know... it's been a very interesting year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've said for months now that 70k for Christmas is realistic.

I've also promised myself I'd take some out on Dec 17th. That's around when it popped the last time.

I do feel that there is a bit longer in this one (maybe feb-march) but I can't shake bitcoins ability to repeat it's cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Congrats on holding through the downturn, it's paid off nicely now!

I'm not selling anything, maybe swapping some alts to bitcoin if they go on a crazy run but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

After doubting you so long, and wondering what on earth you were on, I see the pattern now. How could I have been so blind?

It goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Try pasting the link into 12ft.io very handy tool for bypassing paywalls.

Lads, the euphoria and new highs in crypto and equities really are great to see and I hope gains are being enjoyed by those of ye who held or traded into a rise.

More humble pie for me and my September prediction, but I haven't let my own massive incorrectness stop me from enjoying the ride via my LRC holdings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Because exchanges aren't homogeneous and whilst they do generally move on very similar pricing and resistance. The prices on each individual are dictated by their order books and not external references.

It's why arbitrage is a viable trading strategy still on some exchanges. Albeit far too reliant on network speed and confirmation requirements.

Not recent I know, but there used to be considerable arbitrage gain to be made between Kraken and Coinbase as an example. (Last time I used that strategy was @2017 iirc) also the Korean exchanges used to price at crazy levels and if you could get an account on one it was always a quick way to turn a profit on a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Bought some more bitcoin at the ATH now of $68,240.

Always fun looking back, this should be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

We need a nice big crash now so I can buy loads of crypto knowing how high it can go again. I'm really reluctant to buy BTC and ETH now because every time I've done that its gone down immediately after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

But some now and buy more when it drops 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

How can you say the same goes for ETH or (especially) SOL? ETH would be the best bet after BTC, but surely BTC is the only one guaranteed to do anything. Well aware ETH has been having a crazy time especially in the last year+, but SOL?

Try pasting the link into 12ft.io very handy tool for bypassing paywalls.

Bypass Paywalls Clean is great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

I got in at €0.86 last week (sorry, I know we like to do things in dollars here for the most part but Coinbase displays in Euro) and when I woke up yesterday I told myself I was gonna buy more when I got paid Thursday. Saw the price had jumped quite a bit since my initial buy so I FOMO'd in and bought double my initial amount at €1.41. Will probably buy more again when I do get paid Thursday. All the (all but confirmed) rumours about GameStop adopting LRC and having done a bit of research into LRC as a layer 2 zkRollup has me actually super pumped about it and its future potential. I feel like I've finally found a coin/token where I've gotten in early, as it's still flying under the radar for a lot of people.

I've only been in Crypto since around April/May 2020, so I'm still very much a newbie, but I'm quite excited about LRC.

Post edited by Jafin on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

i was thinking of picking up some LINK recently, but i was reading that 86% of all LINK is held by a handful of wallets. seems the price will be totally dictated by these whales, or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

That's just Dirk Dangler's holding. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

Disappointed i didn't buy some more at the last dip. At a guess i'd say we are looking at 72-75k by the turn of the year with a small pullback to around 65-68k in January-February before a run to 100k plus next year. I honestly don't see any more massive crashes as it's become way more mainstream and stable the last year or so. I'm still kicking myself i sold half a coin in October 2019 i ain't going through that stupidity again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I was saying that no matter who you are or when you bought you're going to be in profit for ETH and SOL at the moment, as they are both pushing ATH's...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've seen a few reports recently saying some coins are not trustworthy because of a small number of large wallets, only to find those wallets are exchanges. So it might not be a problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I've said it thrice and I'll say it again. FOMO is far worse than getting rekt. I can't even remember the corrections/'crashes'.

I bash my head off the desk when I think of opting not to buy 1 bitcoin at 8k last year. It could drop to 4k I told myself. Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you mean MO is worse then getting reckt? FOMO should have had you buying that 8K coin, it was fear of getting reckt that stopped you.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

I told myself i'd sell everything when it reached 10k, then, 50k, now i'm saying 100k 🤣 but deep down i know i'm not selling unless life throws me a curveball and i need the money desperately. Same lads that where laughed at saying it would go to 10k are now saying it could go to 250k by 2025 which is early retirement zone for me. I'm just enjoying the ride tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Coinpriceforecast.com

compare the returns of sol to eth and BTC. Bigger risk but bigger gains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I'm feeling the FOMO now for not buying one full unit last year. I'm also feeling the FOMO for not buying the 32 ethereum needed for setting up your own proof of stake (even though I'd have no clue how to do it). I haven't necessarily MO'd on anything as I'm heavily invested at the moment

Getting rekt is just an irrational thing we feel, a temporary phantom pain when crypto takes a breather for a few weeks. Like last May.

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Yeah hard to sympathise with anyone who falls into the group that were tempted to buy during the run-up to $17k in 2017 but then completely disregarded bitcoin and crypto in general in 2018-2020. Anyone with a clue didn't fall victim to hesitation and was buying with conviction throughout 2018-2020, makes absolutely no sense to have been keen to buy at the higher prices and turn your nose up to it when it's actually cheap again. If we do go through another huge 70/80/90%+ crash I've no doubt people will make the same mistakes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Another LRC ATH there. Flying again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I really should have bought some crypto. It would never have been LRC as I never even heard of it. Should have bought some BTC or ETH. I was following these threads and everything when they were really cheap and could have made a nice chuck of cheddar.

What's happening with BTC this evening. Went from ATH earlier to dropping back down.

It's just a correction for BTC, expect bigger corrections than this while it goes parabolic. Previous bull runs have had 40% corrections on the way up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's not too late. Just imagine how much BTC and ETH could be worth by the end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Anyone do the 32 Ether validator/your own proof of stake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah any Irish person done this and got an idea of the rewards/tax etc? I wonder if Im missing out on major money here or if its just a trickle like mining.

Advertisement