Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Au contraire my friend ...set of glistening Callaway "Mavric" irons...+ PinG410 Metals + plus a nice trio of Vokey wedges.

Don'r deny the odd pint is taken arter the game dude ...it's what a good member does .!

Seen a lad trundling out to the first tee in a pair of dodgy cargo shorts and Metallica tee shirt top ...we all agreed he was inappropriately dressed....

Wasn't you was it by any chance.....set o rusty John Letters he had as well ...??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

Left the Carina E running in the carpark as she takes notions and decides not to start..

Heard the Mavrics are good for the higher-handicap player with a club head speed not exceeding the max mph of an old milk float. As forgiving as a pair of those easy-stretch slacks Brendan buys in Guineys in the Christmas sales. I treated myself to a new set of Titleist T100s this year. Suits a younger player hoping to hit scratch very soon.

Was up in Donegal late last week playing the new St Patrick's links. Genuinely world class track for those readers who are golfers. The weather was inclement, disagreeable, gusty, wet and windy; rather like my hole as I made my way away off the course, having overindulged in Guinness and local oysters the night before, before a typically generous fried breakfast that morning. The group before us were utter fúcking morons - stopping for photos, peering into those watches for ages before slicing the shot anyway, and I was touching cloth by the time I finished off with a cheap bogey. Managed to make it to the facilities with about 2 minutes to spare, and unloaded something that looked like the divot I took from the deep rough off the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Had another bout of the Type 1's and nothing was moving for a good few days despite dietary supplements of fruit crumble, brown bread and lots of water.

Got fed up and went to local chemist to see what modern medicine had to offer. Came out with a pack of Dulcolax. Very small and underwhelming tablets but I took one before bed as directed.

Next morning you could definitely tell something was happening by the strange gut feeling and 5-second long farts.

Shortly after in work, I felt a twitch in badge so off to the work facilities I strolled...

Breaking the crust wasn't as bad as initially expected and it was rapidly followed by a copious quantity of semi-solid midden.Jesus, Mary & The Carpenter - what was left in the bowl resembled nothing short of a sandcastle! It stood proud for a few glorious moments before collapsing under it's own weight and falling through maybe 90 degrees leaving a large skid mark on the sides. The bang was that bad I think I could actually see it as well as smell it.

Clean up required half a roll and 3 flushes but I felt brand new afterwards.

Cleaner in that office is a sound skin so I made sure to brush away all traces. Fair is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes fair is fair, but I can’t help thinking you missed a glorious chance of ‘launching from the stooped position’ setting the feet , mixture “full and rich’ and exploding a stinking cloud of arse offal all over the furniture.

T’would have been the talk of the office, nay, the building for at least two days anyway.

Full PPS suit would be mandatory, I’d suggest,for the clean up.

What do they say in the Dáil……… missed opportunity..😚

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have lovely pasta and meatballs last night with a good sprinkling of habanero sauce. It didn't quite smell so good coming out the other end in the jacks at work this morning. It was still very hot and spicy but not in a good way, and it left me with a bad case of ring sting all morning 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

At least you know the source of your “spice”. I had a, homemade, quorn lasagne last night and, for some reason, my hole was “burning” after the morning’s lavatorial constitutional.

I think Saturday was the last time I had anything with any “kick” in it. Perhaps a stray chilli seed parked in the pipe for a day or two? A worrying development.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Quorn? You a crusty, Emmet? Peace out man, tooting on the old jazz fags, whiff of patchouli oil off you?

Crusty, no. Nothing wrong with a, healthy, meat “substitute” every now and then. The quorn mince is worth a go, Doc. Once you prepare it with a nice sauce.

I’d enjoy a nice steak when I’m out or a “fry” on a weekend morning but just wouldn’t be into getting my colon stuffed with meat like, say, your good self.

Your health is your wealth, buddy. Everything in moderation.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Not for me, M. I don’t like “wall mounted” bowls and I have a deep mistrust of robotic mechanisations whirring, and grinding, around while my ballbag hangs low in the pot.

I would also fear a malfunction with the thermostatic “control”. Can’t imagine having to deal with the gauze after a scalded hole.

Can't disagree with that assessment, Emmet. Always impressed with the old Japanese smart toilet, and appalled with the proliferation of the ledge design across Europe. You really can't go wrong with the classic Armitage Shanks. Victorian era engineering and design; coupled with the craftsmanship and materials you'd associate with James Callaghan, unions, and football hooliganism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ate a packet of Bourbon creams last night.

Coupled with the half pound of mice I had earlier in the day it made for scatter splash this morning. A mere flush wouldn't shift the debris from the ceramic wall due to what I can only assume is the adhesive properties of the sugar glazing of the more sold pieces of stoole

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One of the parents up at the school was getting an extension built while we had restrictions. Team of Polish lads, arrive in the morning, bring their lunch with them, leave in the afternoon. They were very covid conscious, didn't come into the house, just got their work done and left. They were popping into the bushes across the road to piss, no biggie.

One of her kids comes over to the house one day saying that they're after standing in dog **** in the bushes. Sure enough, **** on the kids' shoe. Except it doesn't really smell like dog ****. It smells worse. Suspicious, she goes over to the bushes, and sure enough, a considerable gathering of human faeces in the bushes.

She had noticed some of the builders taking an extended break in the bush-jacks, but it was only now it dawned on her.

Not a bother on them, when she said it to them, they were insistent that they would not "violate her home" and they didn't mind sh1tting in the bushes. She eventually convinced them just to come in and use the fvcking toilet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I used to work in a hardware store. One young traveller chap used to enjoy coming in and taking the odd sh1t in the display toilets.

Waterless toilets because of course they're only display they reeked quite nicely.

This is when the lowest paid gets the job of cleaning said unit.

Went on to box at the Olympics in the end. Didn't win a medal though so the young lad cleaning the toilet need not feel bad for not saving it as a souvenir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

A good reason to use Irish tradesmen over the Polish boys. If we were chiting outdoors on a job we would always bury the few dungs and TP before we would leave . Or better still line a tall bucket (jointing compound bucket is a nice size ) with a used cement bag ,do your business . Then roll up the bag and fire it in the skip . No trace left on site at all then .....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

That where the tupperware would come in handy..

Should be some bloom on those bushes come spring, S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just back from a weekend in Paris. Was in a Lebanese restaurant relieving the bladder when a lad rushes in, grabs a fistful of hand towels, runs them under the tap and hastens into a cubicle. Never seen such clear evidence someone had a dodgy steak tartare and had just made mess in their strides. Got out of there quick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I was in Toronto recently at a family wedding and coming home I was in the airport and I needed a slash. Strolled into the toilets and both urinals were occupied (3 out of service with social distancing etc). No problems says I, I'll use the can.

Now lads this is a mortal sin. The bottom of the door was about 12 -14 inches up from the ground and the door itself was like a half door in a bar in a spaghetti western.

A decent dwarf could stroll underneath it and anyone over 6ft could look over the top. Disgraceful. Thank god I was only in for a hit and miss. There is no way you could sit in peace and coil one out with the bare minimum hiding your modesty.

• Advertisement

Why the forrrhke they go on like that in public shïtters in the States, I don’t understand.

Was in a sports bar in Myrtle Beach after a game of golf and this big 300 pounder waddled into the bogs an unloaded what seemed to be four bales of peat briquettes into the pan, in almost full view of the bar patrons.

Fcuking bang in the area would drop an adult mule …couldn’t face the bog myself so back to the apartment and sprayed the pot with over-cooked loose runell.

Savages…..

Post edited by Brendan Bendar on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Now lads this is a mortal sin. The bottom of the door was about 12 -14 inches up from the ground and the door itself was like a half door in a bar in a spaghetti western.

Legend has it that the manager of a wind turbine manufacturing plant in Galway, done the very same and sawed the doors of the cubicles in half to deter the guys taking long visits to the jacks on company time.

I imagine making eye contact with Pat from the welding department while he's sitting on the bog after a heavy weekend is an awkward moment

An absolute disgrace they are, but not even the worst thing about US and Canadian shïtters. The extremely high water line is even worse. I’ve a low hanging set of clock weights and they are always in danger of drowning when I have to visit the commode over stateside. They also have that really plasticy toilet roll that smears when dealing with a complex clean-up operation.

They really are a shower of backward morons when you think about it.

They say it could have sommit to do with …erm….. irregular activities in the stalls.

If the boss or owner sees two sets of legs in the compartment.

If they see a large brown bag from ‘American Eagle’ or ‘Basement Bargains ‘ you can bet some fcukker is standing in it I was told.

Strange kernts….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Happy to say I bunted out a few gallons of velvet after a coffee-rich morning today. I was none-too-plussed with the wipeage from the own-brand toilet paper, very rough on the old badge. Otherwise I am feeling lighter than air after. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I was in a "dive bar" in Venice Beach back in 2002,and the cubicles had no doors on them!!!!! And in fairness to the place,the toilet area was fairly clean.Could'nt figure it out,but made sure I'd dropped the Cosby's off at the pool before going out on the gargle.

Now just to preface that what happened earlier wasn't my intention...

Had a few days saved up due to Type 1's again. Finally felt something stirring earlier so off I goes.

Logged out with a yoke that resembled nothing short of a fire log. No amount of flushing would shift it -and the couple of handfuls of associated paper used in the wipe out. I'd no choice but to leave down the seat, wash hands and exit as normal as to keep flushing would have result in the dam being over-topped.

A while later I see cleaner collecting an A4 sheet from girl in Admin. I left it for a bit and went in to jacks to see what was up. Stall locked with 'Out Of Order' sheet on the door. I felt bad but proud at the same time! Had to go out on the road but when I got back cubicle is in normal service so presumably they managed to find something to break up the blockage. All's well that ends well.

I was in a bar in Long Island that had urinals as usual and a bowl in the opposite corner with no stall or screen around it. Fair play to anyone who could overcome stage fright and log out there.

There’s a pub in Dingle that has a similar “setup” to that. One door in, a tiled wall with a gutter urinal and a toilet sat at the end of the room.

One lad went in and locked the door so he could take a dump. The queue outside got ridiculous and he was met with a large amount of abuse on exit. He may well have been “asked to leave”. Proper order too.

People who shít in the pub on a night out are suspect. Fair enough, if it’s an emergency but anyone who turns up and thinks it’s ok to “drop a deuce” in the jacks, like it’s acceptable behaviour, needs their head examined.

You take care of that “business” at home, preferable before your shower. I know this may be met with some backlash on this site as not many think having a shower before going out, or more than twice a week, is essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bodun

Jesus, I think I was in this bar too, bit of a rock/indie music bar. Stainless steel toilet on one side facing the urinals. You could lock the door on the whole toilet if you needed a shite but that locked everyone else out if they needed a piss!

Advertisement