Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Both solid cars on the road and despite larger wheels, suspension setup suits our roads. No nasty thuds for the most part.

The models being brought to Ireland makes the Ioniq a more affordable car due to the entry level EV6 starting at 50k.

I think both cars are an unusual design so it's hard to say one is better looking than the other as people will have their own opinions. For me, I think I prefer the Kia.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Sometimes it feels like when you've watched one review you've watched them all, but I have to say I agree with a lot of the YouTube reviews.

The EV6 feels like it handles a little better down country roads, but not to the point where the Ioniq 5 can't be taken quick, but for such a big car I was impressed with the EV6 - coming from a mostly non-car enthusiast, but who does live near lots of country lanes and likes to take them quicker where possible and safe.

EV6 is a sleeker, sportier feel, and the Ioniq 5 feels more spacious and comfortable. The seats in the EV6 are comfortable enough and I'm sure they'd be fine for long journeys, but the Ioniq 5 feels like you're sat in your living room almost.

As a bigger guy I find getting into the EV6 a little uncomfortable/awkward, although when I'm in the seat it's absolutely fine, no issue at all.

In the Ioniq 5 it's much easier to get into, and visibility feels a bit better.

In terms of button placements and stuff like that there's not a huge amount of difference. I prefer the spinning dial for D/P/R in the EV6, rather than the stick on the Ioniq 5 but I'm sure it will just become muscle memory after a while.

The Ev6 has a button to switch between media and climate control so then you use a physical button to change temp but Ioniq 5 touch buttons are pretty good and there's shortcut buttons too.

Very little between them for me, one is sportier and maybe handles a little better, the other is more spacious and comfortable and a little easier to get into (although for most people they'll have no issues with either).

One thing with the Ioniq 5 is you can enter the car at a cheaper spec. EV6 starts from 50k, although if you're comparing like for like priced models again, not a huge amount of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I would pretty much agree 100% with Dave , I thought the Kia was a little more intuitive on the controls but you will get used to either very quickly

the Hyundai seems to have better availability than the Kia , expect a wait for both but Kia seems to be 2-3 months longer lead time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

At the moment we have a VW with the selector on the wheel and a classic Ioniq with the central push button selector. I prefer the VW system, you never need to look or think when changing. Glad the new Ioniq 5 has positioned it at the wheel..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Head Ioniq

Heart EV6

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Test driving this after lunch, I've never driven an EV before, any tips or what should I be looking out for?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

rule one: your left leg doesn't move.. no clutch.

rule two: just relax and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

I test drove a red earth yesterday evening. super impressed with drive and build quality.

I was about to pull the trigger on a demo BMW 330e but now I'm totally confused.

BMW demo only has 2 year warranty which is a serious drawback (I'd plan on keeping the car for 4 years)

The gravity blue is stunning in person I think.

Really not sure what to go for now 😔

And don't panic about reaching for the gear stick if you're coming from manual, you'll soon forget about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I've found all the electric cars to be surprising in terms of torque. This is especially surprising when reversing into a parking spot as you can accelerate quickly going backwards. They're similar but different to driving a normal automatic. I've found when driving automatics that I'm always anticipating the gear change but I found the EVs very relaxing to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Battery Life saying he had issues fast charging as well.

Norwegian Nobby gets a mention.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

EVs are not automatics, no gears to run through, just forward and reverse rotation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Test drove it earlier, nice looking car bigger than I expected. Felt the drive was ok maybe not as good as I expected although person before me had the seat jacked up high and I wasn't mad on that. Nice power which was the most impressive difference between my own motor. Having driven it I couldn't justify the money for it and probably stick with my own vehicle for a few more years.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Different issue but interesting - I don't think it's a deal breaker though.

Arrives at charger with 7% and cold battery (Strange alright that the battery is cold after 2 hours+ of driving at 130km/h)

I checked the live stream and from what I can see:

• 77kW at 7% (starts session)
    • 118kW at 14% (+4.5 mins later, starts new session)
    • 200kW at 26% (+6 mins later)
    • 106kW at 80% (+17 mins later)
    • 53kW at 90% (+6mins)

About 27-28mins for a 7-80% charge with a cold battery.

No indication of spec either on the video, maybe no heat pump? Officially it's a. Option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

First one in the flesh

Think Blue is the pick of them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The blue and the grey (boring I know) are the two best I think. Saw a line up of about 20 of them a couple of weeks ago.

The moonscape they where saying is a matt finish and need extra care, so we went with the blue. Looks well in that photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Did you hear back from Kia about your charge issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Can anyone tell me what colour is the no-cost option? All colour options on the Kia website are €650 on top of the €50k list price, so not really the list price. This seems to be the case with several Kia models, but not all, some have €0 options on colour. I’ve seen this with other brands too. Surely this is misleading if the advertised list price isn’t actually possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

In the UK Red is standard at no extra cost , but they appear to have included a charge for red here .

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Hehe, when I collect the Kia e-Niro, which I'd never physically seen nor driven, rule number one caught me off guard. I felt like a learner driver leaving the dealership, the sales man stood by slightly bewildered as I jerkedly (but delightedly) left the forecourt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

First electric drive was Ioniq 5.

Dealer literally just handed the keys over and that was it. Not even a quick run down on where the buttons were.

Luckily I'd watched so many reviews j already knew.

Very jerky to start as worried car would get away from me, but now it's natural whenever i test drive.n

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seem a lovely white one on the roads today. 212-OY- is all I got. Did not see its number. Hope to see it driving around again. I love the rear break lights on it and the rear indicators are in the rights spots too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Are we likely to see an EV7 Optima equivalent?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Placed our order today for an EV6 earth with a Feb / March delivery as January allocations are all gone at this stage. Excellent trade in value of existing Kia partially due to used car price increases I suspect. Also huge variance in trade in values within the Kia network, really pays to shop around.

Essentially it's my wifes car which we tend to use the most anyway. Choose Gravity Blue. I was in 2 dealers today and it seems to be attracting a lot of tyre kickers, I wonder how many will translate to sales.

Off now to sort out a home charger - advice welcome!

Advertisement