Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Practically identical to our usage and situation. Have sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I have a feeling after you get it in you will start thinking hum maybe I will put panels on the east and west. Don't worry we all do it, its a power thing.

It starts with small and takes over. You are amongst friends here.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Hi championc

are those prices after the grant has been applied?

sorry if this has been asked before!

Ok, one last question for now.

I am still not sure if i am eligible for the grant.

on the SEAI application form it says houses built in 2011 or before (per MPRN ESB was connected in 2011) does that mean i am eligible?

I rang SEAI and they were absolutely useless. they told me it had to be before 2006!! then when in said what the form said they said oh yeah before 2011, but thats not what the form says!!

i could just stick in the application i suppose but i dont want the clock ticking on the application till i have narrowed down the options

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

How do they get from the attic to the circuit board?

They don't - They will go from the attic down externally to your external meter box

• Advertisement

Oh really? I did not know that.......thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Put in the grant app. It's very quick decision you should have an answer back very fast (at least if its approved)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mustang68

ok, got one quote in, appreciate your advice

4 panels south, 4 east, giving 3.16KWh - eddi hot water diverter (250l tank already installed), smart meter, associated wiring, no battery = €7.9k(I have to sort out the grant myself, so about €6k.

They said we only need to one inverter, is that true given we have panels south and panels west?

Thoughts?

(I could could add four west, but it's facing the street and at that stage I'd be looking at a battery to, so it would add to the cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

1 - ditch the East and go for West instead.

2 - tell that installer to go jump. Get someone who will sort the grant out for you and who also won't rip you off (which that quote is doing).

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

I expect this is entirely up to the installer and location of panels and consumer unit/inverter. In my setup panels on front come in 2nd story roof down conduit in office to inverter and then down into single side extension roof and through wall at back of consumer box. The panels on extension power cable goes back up same conduit to inverter.

My setup doesn't go anywhere near the meter box which is on the far side of the extension no where near inverter or panels on my main roof

• Advertisement

I second what Dr Phil says. For that money they should be doing the paper work.

But i would ad the west as well but that might require optimizers on the east side. With this option you will get a higher grant add a small battery and you will get the full grant of €3000.

Make sure the BER is included

One inverter will work out fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ditch the quote. The SAAS provider can do an 8 panel system 2.9kw for 3600. Get an extra panel for 400 max off him and you get 3.2 for 4k. Get the diverter separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The date they look for is the date that ESB made the house live. That date has to be before 1 Jan 2011. So, by their own rules you are not eligible.

You would be hoping that they would miss that when reviewing your application at drawdown stage. You could well have paid the contractor and SEAI could reject your application at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Are you tied to the company who's quote you submit for the grant application? I can't see myself getting this done before christmas and Eamon Ryan is putting his reputation? on the line for getting the feed-in tariff implemented in January.

Eamon Ryans reputation is shot to bits. I would call him a clown but even clowns know what they are doing.

Have you got any quotes and timeline yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Seem to remember reading that once your approved.... you have 9 months to get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tdo

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of / recommendation for a PV installer for a green sedum roof on a house. I have an extensive flat south facing fibreglass roof that is overlaid with sedum, and people I've talked to said the two (Sedum and PV) co-exist really well...but no one seems to have done it! Ballast based panels that I have been recommended by one supplier are too close to the sedum layer and would not allow light/water penetrate. I'd like the existing sedum to continue to thrive if possible.

I've been recommended on another group a transparent PV. But that seems overkill - my green roof supplier says that there are ballast based mounts designed for sedum roofs, generally same cost as normal ballast mounts...but no one I can find (thus far) has done this. Any assistance or pointers welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Got a quote today. I can’t get the grant. 16 panals 5.4kwp system. Solis 5k inverter. No eddi and no battery. €9000. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

Do you have to change your meter if you install pv? I have this meter

• Advertisement

Only if its going backwards. ESB networks will replace it. By the way its not your problem if it dose go backwards. Try and avoid the smart meters, sxit rates on them.

Can be bettered me thinks where are ya. Was the no eddi and no battery by choice?

LOL - we're both wrong!

How To Apply For An SEAI Grant | Home Energy Grants | SEAI

Step 5: Get the works done

You have eight months from the date of the grant offer to complete the works on your home and return the paperwork. You can find the expiry date in your offer letter. Within this time you will need to:

The important thing is that you have a substantial period of time from when you get approved to having it installed.

PV itself will work quite happily with that meter. In fact, if it's one of the super (super) old ones, it will actually run in reverse if you are exporting. It wasn't the original intent of course, but that's the way they worked.

Course with the forthcoming Feed-in-tariffs, you'll need a smart meter to take advantage of the small benefit, and sooner or later we'll all get one.... but you won't have to swap out the meter in the short term anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Got my first quote today in writing.

16x380w 6.07kW JA Solar

5kW Pure Drive battery

6 KW hybrid solis inverter

Eddi HW diverter

Wifi adapter

Isolater switch

€11900

Going on the basis of €1k per kWp and €1k per 2.5kWh battery, I would be expecting €8k (plus 3k grant) totalling €11k for the 6kWp array. So is this €1k too expensive or is that still a decent price?

I have another verbal quote for approx €8k for the same setup so I'm presuming it's near enough accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Tuttlinghorn

I'm getting close(r) to choosing a provider but wondering if the 'ENNISKILLEN' provider that people have recommended have any visible reviews / referrals on the interweb ?

I cannot see anything for them on google , one (!) review on Yell

so the only recommendation has been from boardsies - which is great, but seems odd i cannot see them elsewhere

so far their prices are v keen, but since it is a fair few shekkels I would like to see a track record of positive reviews for them

thanks

positive reviews for them, nothing but positive reviews for them here. Never herd a bad word about them.

is the €11900 before or after grant. before its pretty good, after its ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I used the EnnisKillen Boys after 2 recommendations here. I'd say there's quite a lot of people here who have used them since because they're one of 2 companies who seem to regularly have prices quoted that are very competitive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement