Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

I haven't been overly crossing since my front two changed to Di Natale + Salah/An other.

But i was banging in headers when I was using Toney, Kane etc.

Found the crossing much improved.

Not sure did they patch it, as I'd only put an uncontested in now, but it was fine a few weeks ago.

Edit: the quote never seemed to stick but the topic is obvious.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Thanks very much, can't wait to try him as he was my number one target pre-release so I'm delighted to get him whilst he'll still be well ahead of the curve.

I've cracked the 1 million coins mark now so debating whether to just pull the trigger on him at 800k or to wait to see if he drops again.

I don't really care about losing coins and would rather just play with him than waiting another week, but at the same time would be gutted if he dropped to that 670k mark again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The 4231 wide tactics i used to go from div.4 to div.2 last weekend are definitely broken this week, Lewandowski on stay central, is running out to the wings, Sabitzer in CM set to go forward just isnt, wingers on cut inside are staying wide and getting in the full backs way, back to the drawing board it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Anybody going to do the new Serie A POTM ?

3* 3* is a bit meh but for 40k worth of untradeables he seems like a fun card to put up top with Arnautovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Trying to shift 2,400 gold commons isn't fun. Bought most at 400 and they're slowly selling for 700 or 750. I'll be lucky to sell half before the player pick expires.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll do it for sure.

It's pretty achievable with fodder in exchange for an 87 striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

With Rivals weekly and seasonal rewards on Thursday, that's looking as:

2 Jumbo Rare Players Packs and a Mega Rare pack for season

1 Jumbo Rare Players pack & 1 red pick for week

So 72 rare gold players at an absolute minimum. Gonna end up with loads of duplicates so will likely end up doing some of these SBCs just to use them

Anyone who has used Messi, what's the verdict on him this year?

I have about 500k after buying Di Natale and can get Messi into my side on 8 chem thanks to Dybala.

So I would be looking at either Messi or Dybala at ST alongside Di Natale, and the other playing CAM.

I'd probably have to change formation completely from a 4-3-2-1, to a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

Again if anyone has used or is using the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow, what do you think?

Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

If anyone hasn't done the ICON SBC, I'd recommend doing 20-30 of those 78+ player swaps first. I've done about 40 of them and have gotten a chunk of 85, 86 and 87 rated players.

Got baby Berkamp in icon pack. Actually not too bad with the way I play so will use him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

from what i read 4321 is better than 41212, would you not play both behind di natale?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

How's your left stick dribbling? He's great in tight spaces and his shooting is amazing. I'm not great at finding finesse angles so haven't scored many of them with him.

Iv'e done about 10-15 of those 78+ sbc's and finally got a couple of decent picks, not that Simon Kjaer for the 5000th time isnt decent but i got TOTW Correa and base Barella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone used RB Haaland? Really struggling in Div 3 and think my Lewandowski needs upgraded.

Just impossible with the 4-3-2-1 unless I play him RF or RW, which means he'd be wasted.

I've got to division 1 with the 4-3-2-1 but you have to have a stay back CDM, box to box and then a more attacking central player as it's almost too exposed even with that.

I think if I bring him in he'll have to be a CAM or ST and I will have to have Dybala in there somewhere for the chemistry.

Hmm, maybe it's just a bridge too far trying to squeeze him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can't wait to get relegated in Rivals when the season ends. At least I assume that is what will happen. I'm in Div 3 and I'm so tired of having 60% or more possession, more shots and losing to a crazy Fekir strike from out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

in 4321 which is what I'm using Messi would be unreal. Only problem is his workrates. Sane's the same but once he gets forward and curls on his left foot its a goal.

Cheers.

I assume you'd play him as the RF then in your 4-3-2-1?

What’s the thoughts on IF Barella?

worth 100k+ for a midfield trio of IF Barella, RTTK Tonali and RTTK Vidal?

Currently have Dybala in there instead.

He gets fantastic reviews across the board.

I think though, and I'm running a very similar team, that it's more balanced with having either Barella or Tonali on stay back, either Barella or Vidal as box to box, and having Dybala in there for his attacking prowess.

So pick two of the aforementioned to play alongside Dybala, depending on your style of play and formation, just IMO.

basic question but how do you set a midfielder up as box to box. Balanced?

• Advertisement

Yep, basically everything on balanced.

I'd just make sure to have "cover centre" on instead of "cover wings", but everything else as default.

Patch number 3, issues fixed... zero.

I put it on and played one game. He was absolutely terrible and scored three pull backs. Not one went to the wrong player.

Meanwhile I have to play with button delay in every single game so have players consistently passing the ball to the wrong player and giving it away and 90% of my tackles just bobble the ball free.

I'll probably have this uninstalled by Christmas as it's a complete waste of time having to lose to wasters like that due to the servers. I have to be considerably better than most people to win despite all of the issues the button delay causes.

Bad enough losing to someone who isnt as good but then someone being sweaty like that fella(he even brought the ball back into his defence and held it there at 1-1 in the 20th min... bottom of the barrell sweaty).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've had quite a few of those unfortunately.

Also goalkeepers can do whatever they like, they can rugby tackle you, you're never getting a penalty.

I would use Lewandowski over Haaland, i have both and find when the game doesnt mess up the tactics, Lewandowski is the man, his passing and link up play is terrific, i find Haaland just goes where he likes regardless of tactics he is set to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is a defender on 7 chem fine?

Bought Marquinhos and he’s linked to Alisson, Thiago Silva and Reece James

Have a Brazilian manager too. Just want to make sure I’m not screwing myself using him at 7 chem

Thanks!

No problem at all, happy to help.

Yep I do, I have just under 150 games with him as an RF in a 4-3-2-1 and really enjoying him.

As per earlier posts I think I'll upgrade him to Messi though.

RTTK Politano likely to get an upgrade (or 2?) too which will be good.

I looked into the RB Kessie more, I think I'm going to stick with Tonali. Not worth 120k odd for him. Vidal and De Ligt RTTK upgrades to come.

Have 250k in the bank but can't see any player obvious upgrades at this time that I'm likely to ever afford. Di Natale way our of budget. Did the Simeone SBC and he's decent.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get excited when you see you’ve objective rewards to collect hoping it’s a pack, only to be really disappointed when it’s some poxy trophy or a kit?

Advertisement