Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I remember Horslip Jim Lockhart, my favourite stand in, was on one night and his intro was: "This is Jim Lockhart standing in for....well, just about everybody at this stage." It was clear it had become a laughing stock to everybody at that stage. I think Alf still has a show somewhere, or a podcast maybe, i keep meaning to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Fiachna's shows sound a little incestuous tho because of the Irish thing. I'm all for playing Irish music but when he's on they all text in praising each other and reminiscing about times on the road etc.... He also seems to bring a crew of regular "late daters" along for the ride. A bit sickening really and has made me switch off a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Yeah, name and accent are my top reasons for liking or disliking someone. Never let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

Sister Rosetta Tharpe, hard to bait. And Supertramp...nice evening from JC.

Missed the Sister Rosetta but at least caught the Geoff Muldaur. Another creedon introduced me to god knows how many years ago when he played the Wild Ox Moan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

EVERLONG!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Nice slide guitar in this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

One of the best radio presenters. Great speaking voice easy to listen to. Nice music mix to boot.

The Atrix - Treasure on the Wasteland

Stone cold classic! Great Irish band, should have been way bigger than they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Over TWENTY years since ‘Gravel Pit’!

:(

• Advertisement

Yay!

Two from Pugwash :)

Loved the segue tonight from Luke crooning Mursin Durkan and diggin praities to Polly Styrene belting out Germ Free Adolescence. Both left us far too young.

The Golden Gate Quartet and John Prine.

John rollin out all the old favourites tonight. Odds on a blast of Rory before 10pm!

Liked that Gregory Porter song.

Was that the Dem Bones track?He played a different version of it last week. Great track.

And love the song he's playing now. Her name is Susan O'Neill i think. Lovely voice.

Edit: Ciara O'Neill it is, la lune is the song. Really like it.

In an utterly bonkers mixed up world, thank fck for Billy Bragg.

Yeah it was that track, must check out more of his work.

Not a huge fan or anything, but very mellow and relaxing from the stuff I've heard. Jools Holland had him on his show a while back and came across a very likeable fella.

Creedon is the best thing on RTE radio at the minute hands down. The spread of music he covers is amazing.

Good way to finish the show tonight. Fck Monsanto!

• Advertisement

This sounds more like something you'd hear on Today FM in the middle on the day, have to say I don't hate it.

What the folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Creedon plays good music but he is not up to date unless he started recently... i do not think i ever heard him play anything that was new...

He plays CMAT a lot, and I've heard him play the likes of Clare Sands and Padraig Jack and others as well, hardly established names.

John Spillane - ah yeah!

CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Good to hear John Francis Flynn picking up a few awards last night, his album is brilliant. We saw him supporting Lankum in Cork towards the end of 2019 and were blown away.

Donal Dineen featured him on one of his "make me an island" podcasts towards the end of the summer, really worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Folk seems to be a very broad music genre. Just heard Susan O'Neill and Mick Flannery on the radio (really good song), but If asked to describe it, I wouldn't have called it Folk.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I love the stuff they are doing, not sure if you'd say it's pure folk, but I'd struggle to put any other label on it either. I think they both fuse different styles in their work, but with enough of a folk grounding, pushing the boundaries i guess. Works for me anyway!

‘All Gone Away’ by The Style Council!

Good call :)

• Advertisement

Lovely bit of trad there.

Advertisement