Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lehman Brudders caused all the trouble sez he...It's lucky they collapsed or another €10 or €20 billion would have been owed by Anglo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It's mad how people don't/won't comprehend that you can't claim more than one Social Welfare payment at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'd say Joseph knows full well , puts on the fake Gobshyte mask when it suits , I just find it galling . He lives in cuckoo land so to speak .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• There’s a bit of economical trouble going on China way. I started an ongoing thread on that in AH some time back “Evergrande, how far will the ripples extend” or something like dat, and there’s hardly any posters that don’t believe the ripples will reach us.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• You have it well explained there Losty. TYFYS.

• Advertisement

• Will someone ever tell Joe about Welfare allowances and that you only get one at a time and have to decide which is the most appropriate for your needs and which you best qualify for. It’s nothing to do with people who are sick/caring not *deserving* to have more in their pocket, eg as compared to Fat Wallet Joe.

• I’m getting more cheeky by the minute but…

• One for Tubberty really, but also for Duffoon. I had a plumber in this morning to do approx an hour long job in de boiler area (yes snigger snigger snigger but me Waterwurks needed rerigging) an dat, paid his company by card and took out a note from my wallet as a little tip. I had the surreal experience of him bursting into tears. Could have had a whole show out of it.

• They were unreal eulogies, well not in the case of Calorie as he is still allegedly in the land of the fit and alive. I got super annoyed at the Catherine Nevin one, with her victim’s family able to listen in.

• Inspired just now by watching Future Island. (Why does he here remind me of B0ll0x Johnson?) Joe could very easily be replaced by the simplest form of Artificial Intelligence.

Now I want ideas for Al-go-rith-ims. Eg. Joe sometimes responds by saying “you can’t say dat” x 3; what I need are suggested triggers to evoke such response that could be relatively simply be coded into project JOEBOT.

With enough parameters on board it could host the show at much less expense than human Joe. It wouldn’t take much coding, as it could allow the cawlers to do most of the talking, but be programmed to interject from time to time.

Suggestions for these triggers in a postcard please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Don't forget the grunt and fart algow riddums, as an essential part of the Two Ring test.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I hope Roger Is watching The missing children on RTE 1.

He always blames the family being bad and that its all about the victims getting money.

• Dat would have to be procedural programming on a timed interval basis, say every 5 minutes a belch, then a grunt, then a fart. Dat’s straightforward.

On the other hand the responses to callers would be done through de object oriented programming-dat is de attributes of what callers might say to evoke de JOEBOT responses. Eg if caller says “Fück”, JOEBOT is called to say “You can’t say dat, you can’t say dat, you can’t say dat”. De text output is transposed to audio in form of gruff robotic speech in a Doobalin dialect. So we write some Superclass we call “badWord”then apply subclasses like “badWord.fück” whereupon de code runs to output 3 times “you can’t say dat”. Another subclass might go like “piss” and so on.

So for this exercise we need other Superclasses for JOEBOT to respond to callers. Another example might be “unWoke”, with a Subclass “Junkie” where JOEBOT detects and corrects to de woke term “unwell”.

Then another Superclass type might be “belovedNames” where if certain subclasses like “goodBusiness” get mentioned, where eg “louisCopeland” extends “goodBusiness” it triggers JOEBOT to say “great reputation!”. Another subclass here might be “belovedDead” extended by eg “catherineNevin” where JOEBOT is called to say “may they rest in peace safe in the arms of Mary”.

You get the idea. You just need a a nice little ready list of code blocks to respond to caller keywurds.

Another procedural paradigm could be if the volume of caller’s voice exceeds a certain decibel the output of JOEBOT increases likewise, and an object could also be created whereby Joe shouts back “you know I went to Trinity”.

There’s no end of possibilities to load into JOEBOT and he could be updated as necessary providing there’s enough space on his drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Yeah it made the news for a day or two a while back. They are only grappling with 300 billion dollars ( give or take ) of exposure. The Seanies of this world wouldn’t lose sleep over dat so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe has a rich seam of misery to mine this week. Expect him to go in "balls deep"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

More homecare stories today (unfortunately sez Joe)

Has there been enough rembrances of Michael Collins?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joseph today.

"Life is agony" says a caller - Joe unzips immediately.

Clip from yesterday incudes sounds of Joe doing a charcoal sketch.

Moar harrowing stories today.

Michael Collins statues. "A decade of death". Whoy not honour someone else?

Joe was already walking out the door of the studio so almost missed shay's banter.

Pet projects wall to wall today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Todays's show.

• Yet more on the lack of home carers for those who want Independent living.
    • Joe reads out an email but gets out of puff so he replays Monday's caller.
    • Michael Collins Diary's; should he have a statue? Or should we have a statue of a different sham?
    • Like say, a statue of Joe?

See you in an hour, peasant.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Joe could drag this out until the self published bukes and the Christmas Eve party on Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

there is no sugar coating going on here

poor woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

take a breath there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Awful listen :( you just don't want to be sick or need help in this country, horrific stuff.

Ryan Tubridy must be listening to this woman's story and wondering how on earth she finds the time to go out and grab lunch every day and go for walks on the prom etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Feeling really sorry for this poor chap. Sounds like no quality of life at all.

• Nobody with a severe disability in Ireland has any kind of life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Actually turned it off just too depressing for a lunchtime listen, it'll be sadly the same in another 10 years, nothing will change.

• As long as you are fed and watered, and are half alive, job done by health service. Having a meaningful life is not the business of the HSE

• Yeah it is very depressing. The thing is any of us could be disabled at any time. We could be those people. Our late friend Sligojoek would likely have been one of those people, were he still with us, though I dare say he would have made a very meaningful life for himself with the help of the family, friends & community.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I do feel sorry for these people, it's a terrible cross to carry but I'm afraid I can take any more of this.

• Advertisement

As someone said yesterday, our friend would usualy at this point say "I can't take anymore of this, I have some tiling to do" and I am going to day the same now too.

Advertisement