Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are my SCA Approval Notifications are not coming through.

Options
  • 04-11-2021 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My SCA Approval Notifications are not coming through. My device is set up to receive them, I have the app running on my phone. No notifications coming through. Rang helpline, spent 30 mins waiting on phone - couldnt get speaking to an operator. JOKE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good morning,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear you're not receiving these notifications. If you are using an Android phone could I ask you to clear the cache and ensure your notifications are enabled. If you are using an iPhone, please force close and app and restart your phone.

Please be aware that you do not need to log into the app when making your purchase. Stay on the website and wait for the notification. You can also select the 'waiting for your approval' option on the log in screen of the app.

Please let us know if this works. If you find this did not resolve this for you, please send us a private message.

Thanks, Megan

https://www.bankofireland.com/sca/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon21

Hi, this did not resolve my issue.

Notifications are enabled for the app. The phone number is correct. So frustrating.

How do I send BOI a private message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there

We have sent you a private message to take some details to help resolve this

Thanks

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoinboardz

I’ve been having the same problem I’ve called boi three times each time they spend an hour doing who know what then just give up. Last guy just threw his hands up and said it not BOI it’s Apple and Amazon. Then promised to call back. THEY NEVER CALL BACK!

fyi it’s not Apple or Amazon I’ve made purchases on both with a different card.

if you get a fix post here, I’ll do same. Even if the fix is joining a different bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for joining the thread.

We are sorry for the experience so far and would like to assist you with resolving the difficulties with the purchases.

We can certainly arrange for a callback from our SCA Team, if you could please private message us your full name as it appears on your bank account, Branch account is with and your contact number. Could you also let us know at what stage of the SCA journey that is not working as it should for you and any error messages that maybe displaying etc.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement