Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Blairness can i ask who youve contacted?

We applied in the beggining if august, they received support documentation on the 17th. Holiday was booked for the 22nd oct but no passport. Same was moved fornthe 26th November.

Rang yesterday and theres a problem eith the cover page. We generated a new ome which we will get signed today and posted off. Most of our holiday is non refundable and im guessing we wont get the passport by the 26th now. I emailed a TD last night but feeling very hopeless. They didnt cop the mistake on the cover page which leads me to think that noone has looked at the application yet. Inwas ringing on a weekly basis and got no answers, justbthe big standard "its an estimate, no guarentees it will come on time"

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

It was an independent local to me.

I'd probably leave off the emailing and contact the constituency office directly by phone or by calling in. I felt it helped to actually speak to a human. Each TD has a quota of calls they can make to the parliamentary contact each week. I'd def call and an plead really really really politely for help.

I would say though that the reason ours were sped up was because everything was in order with the application.

What was the original issuing date you were given?

The original issue date was the 28th october. Ok ill call now thanks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is it actually possible to speak with an agent on 01 671 1633

The automated response every time just says the agents are busy and cuts you off. There’s no option to hold

Callaway - if when you ring there is an automated female voice then just hang up. Its the mans voice that puts you in the queue.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I’ll keep trying every few minutes so - that’ll save me some time knowing the above! Ha

As a previous poster said, def possible to get through. I found it far easier last week to get through though for some reason. I did get through really easily and really quickly at 9AM yesterday morning.

We got one child's passport this morning and my partner's passport this morning.

Still waiting on one passport to be dispatched and my own passport!!

Feeling far more hopeful at this point about getting away.

Haha first call after the prompt by the other poster and I got on (albeit number 28 in the queue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 larrymc123

Interested to know if you have been checking the online tracker and if so was it was moving or not?

I have a first time child application submitted with an estimated delivery date of 10-Dec-21.

The progress bar has been continually moving along (currently at approx. 60%) which would seem positive.

I have a suspicion though that this might count for nothing in the real world.

Does anyone know if this is reflective of actual progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 randomstranger123

Indeed. I don't think the tracker means anything. Mine was moving and has now moved back to around 70% while the issue date is still 27/10 and the application is waiting to be validated which can take "another few weeks" according to the web chat agents.

My progress bar went all the way to the end, the date passed and then jumped back 4 bars.

I suspect it just means its just a time indicator to the estimated issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

can i ask why people are looking to speak to an agent in the passport office. can you see about getting it expedited if flights booked etc?

have people noticed the estimated issue date changing much. i need it to come down by 3 days to make a flight. i waited till last sec to order first passports for kids.

I don't think customer service can decrease the waiting time. At least I normally call them to ask if the application has even started being validated, though the tracker can say it's being processed, this doesn't actually mean anyone is looking at it. You might get lucky and get your first passports within the average 8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

At a time when people on here are universally mentioning lengthy delays for children's passports, waiting until the last minute to apply for yours may have been unwise. First passports take ages at the best of times and we're way off the best of times.

To have some hope of getting them in time!

We applied at the end of August, had an estimated issue date of 5/11 but we didn't have them. We spoke to a whole pile of people to get the applications pulled from the pile they were in (the god only knows when they'd be issued pile) to be put in the "we'll do them today" pile on Monday. This was only possible due to all being in order with the application, the estimated issuing date having passed and having flight plans for Sunday 14/11.

I wouldn't hold my breath about getting first time children's applications prior to the estimated issuing date when so many of us have had to have them expedited after the estimated issuing date :/

Hopefully all works out for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

I had this recently, had flights booked and renewal was due 5 days before we were due to fly but that didn't happen, issue date passed. Took another 6 days for it to get to printing and dispatched point, so missed our flights and had to book new ones. Spoke with someone in the passport office who reckoned that if you are getting your forms/documents signed by a Garda make sure it is in a station that is opened 24 hours, because if the checker calls the station and is unable to verify the signature it could end up sitting on their desk for ages until they can bother to call the Garda station again to verify it 😳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

For anyone doing the online kids renewal this is my experience

12/10/2021 - application submitted & form posted - estimated due date 05/11/2021

13/10/2021 - forms delivered

14/10/2021 - Form received

16/10/2021 - form scanned - processing passport

05/11/2021 - due date

07/11/2021 - I got on to Web Chat and the person said they'd move me on to the next stage as I was overdue (tracker never changed though)

09/11/2021 - 1:20 pm - Printing

09/11/2021 - 5:20 pm - Dispatched

10/11/2021 - out for delivery

11/12/2021 - Off to Cologne for the xmas markets!

After 2.5 months, our first passport application status changed from "We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." to "Your application is being processed", no idea if this means that they have finally validated the documents or just starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 yerca22

Mine the same. Today, after 3.5 months have changed to that status you've mentioned. I wonder if it's just a status they've put to everyone that is waiting or if it actually means what is says

Yeah I wonder. Considering the previous status meant there is no checker assigned, guess this might mean that they are actually processing so who knows how much longer.

As of today TDs and Senators can now make 15 urgent representations a week to the passport office, up from 5. They're also seeking to hire over 400 new staff for the passport office.

Trying yo get through on phone, but in meantime, would passport office allow you to collect your renewal in Dublin when it’s ready instead of it being posted?

Ill be cutting a flight very tight if they approve and post in the next few days

Thanks

No. Passports are primarily printed in Balbriggan and there's no public access.

Ah balls

Simple renewal processing since 3rd Nov. Not a hope I’ll have it on Monday/Tuesday now I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 11 la_rose

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We submitted my husband's passport along with our application for our baby's first passport. Due to fly on 27/11 and no sign of either one (baby's passport has an estimated issue date of 18/11). However, I contacted the webchat yesterday morning to ask if my husband's passport could be returned. Got in touch again today and his passport has been dispatched, I have a tracking number.

Am I naive in thinking that this means that our documents have been checked and we have some hope of receiving our daughter's passport close to the estimated date? Surely they wouldn't release his passport if our documents hadn't been scanned and verified?.Or maybe this is wishful thinking on my part!!

Same here, status changed this morning..not sure if this means anything?

Sorry to disappoint but just because they scanned and returned your husband's passport doesn't mean they have done the validation checks.

• Advertisement

Ah well, I thought it might be wishful thinking on my part. Will just keep contacting them and see if I can get any information. It's so frustrating that the tracking tool is essentially useless

Advertisement