Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

Nah, it's not the same.

You need it as soon as he starts up the scooter at the start. One of my best gaming experiences. So simple yet so effective

Found I had to bump the contrast down a fair bit in SA

Well tbh I was more thinking of the long legal battle with his estate assuming his song royalties came under that, I should been more specific/careful with my wording!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Yeah agree with this, music licensing can be hugely expensive and complicated. By all accounts Rockstar have managed to relicense about 80 - 90% of the music which is a pretty good achievement in all honesty. Yes, Rockstar have lots of money, but that doesn't mean they can just throw unlimited funds at greedy music labels to the point where the game can't recoup its dev costs. It's a shame they didn't bulk the collection back out with some different songs to replace the licenses they couldn't get though.

A lot of initial reports do seem to suggest the game is a car crash overall though. I'm going to reserve judgement until I try it as the internet can overreact to things at times, and one off out of context screenshots can make pretty much any game look terrible. Fortunately San Andreas is on Gamepass so I can decide for myself, if I was paying up front I'd have more reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had a lash of 3, my God, the nostalgia! It's so quick and responsive, Game FM is as banging as ever, the missions are nice and quick, just a pure joy to play... except the shooting, that still sucks. Gonna have to turn off aim assist completely as it targets everyone except the person i actually want to shoot. Can't wait to try VC and SA tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's not accurate on Rockstar relicensing 80-90% of the music. Most of that music was still in license for use so would not need to be renegotiated. I would hazard an educated guess that they just stuck with what they still had under license and didn't bother pursuing renegotiating for the expired licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Loaded up San Andreas there and had a drive around, wasn't good for me. Texture pop up in like I remember in the PS2 days, more obvious driving round the countryside than the city. It's fine for something on gamepass but I wouldn't be spending €60 on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

First impressions of GTA SA. They didn't change much tbh. I'm still going to play it as it is kinda free with gamepass. It wasn't a massive overhaul at all which I suppose was mentioned already leading up to it's release. I don't know if it's my TV but some of the screen is beyond the bezzels. I looked in settings and there is nothing you can change. Anyone else see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

Nah, I downloaded it back in 2017 and many more songs were missing. Run To You had gone. Googled it and they just didn't bother with the licencing for certain songs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Played some vice city on PS5

no real issues, FM is great, doesn’t look all that shabby.

more than happy!

I forgot how tricky some of the missions in 3 were but then also the blast of memory you get in certain situations like Turismo race instantly reminded me to get to the auto shop and steal epic Banshee for the race. I don't remember the vehicles being this bubble though and having so little time to escape from a burning car.

Gonna plough on with 3 as I'm loving it but will be hard to come back to it after VC and SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

I haven't even loaded VC/SA yet - really enjoying everything about III. It was a difficult game - I never managed to complete the last level on a PS2. Seems easier with the map/tracker/shooting/weapon cycling. Loving it though. Soundtrack is untouched too with some of my personal favourites K-JAH (Scientist), MSX FM (Moving Shadow) and Double Clef FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

True at the time too, I have to say. I could switch between VC and SA well enough, but they were such quantum leaps ahead of GTA3 I could never go back. I do miss that one dramatic bit of classical music, I forget the name, but I used to park the car in the rain just to listen to it. :D

Hands down, the funniest radio presenter was Mary-Beth Maybell on K-Rose in San Andreas though, she was brilliant. And being able to drive around the desert at night listening to Country would almost give you an appreciation for it.

Mary-Beth has a random non sequiter about someone trying to drown her, and her getting them back "years later", with no further context or elaboration, that always made me laugh. A lady Mad Lad for the ages.

I forgot how everyone is on a deathwish in SA. They dive out in front when your driving close to them and then cars catching fire and you only have a few seconds to get away from it before it blows up. Ammo is another thing I keep running low on. In GTA V I never bought ammo apart from one or two mission you go to the gun shop outside of there you could go on rampages and still not run out. Regarding running low on ammo I always collected the uzi and had a tonne of ammo then I done the Russian mission with tonnes of shooting finish the mission back with no ammo and have to build it up again annoying.

For SA my instinct is to run to the body armour and pistol every time I go back to grove street and save. The armour is under the bridge in the storm drain behind Sweet's house and the pistol is at the back of the house on the left.

I have been doing that and it's a UZI not a handgun but once I done the Russian mission with all the shooting. Finished the mission and I was back to having damn all bullets left for the UZI and now I have to repeat what I spent ages doing as in collecting them.

Sorry reading through that post I sound like I'm having a go at you didn't mean that at all.

The hand gun is behind Sweet's house the UZI is under the bridge south east of Carl's house, you can also get a shovel in Ryders back garden.

• Advertisement

Oh right got mixed up. I do collect the UZI and bullet proof vest at the same time as they are right beside each other and you need the vest in this game. You die really easy without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well they fixed the god damn train mission anyway, absolutely piss easy.

I just thought I was better at playing games now. As GTA SA was one of the first games I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What's the strategy now? I assume you still ride up beside the front carriage, but Smoke actually has hit accuracy this time? 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First impressions of 3 aren’t great, but to be fair, I never played it when it came out and only did a little bit when they brought out the mobile port some years ago so it sadly doesn’t have that nostalgia factor for me. It’s just another dated game to me but I’ll still plow on with it.

Not letting myself go near the other two until I’ve this finished because as others have said, you just can’t go back to 3 from Vice City or San Andreas with all the stuff they added to those two.

On the weapons, didn't you get some in SA in the kitchen of Carls house for doing the spray tags? I thought they were progress based as in get 25 get 1 weapon like the hidden packages in the first games ?????

I've 30 odd now and nothing in the kitchen.

Pretty much I had finished the mission before reaching the tunnel.

Bomb da base II, you bitch. Nearly into the 2nd Island though, ploughing through! It's crazy how big this game seemed when i was a youngin'.

All you had to do is follow the damn train CJ!

I never even heard that this time. It's not the same...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Vice City map is tiny, way smaller than I remember.

Advertisement