Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

The accusations in the papers /affidavit are he used company funds & personnel to help his crusade

I hope the village people flew out to Lisbon on their own dime (pardon the pun 🤣🤣) for instance

So I'm afraid you'll have to put up with what his spinning tyres have thrown up

At least its new news on the topic unlike the constant repetition, attempts at lies and the pretentiousness on your side of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

You might want to have a quick reread of that infographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did. It was forwarded. So it should have said Leo not really helping with the aesthetics. 😜😂

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

na mate , leo might well be charged , he could be found guilty , and doing porridge , sharing a cell with " big shamey from mullingar "

hey , if you can make assumptions , and predict the outcome of the investigation so can i !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

He confessed. That's as factual as can be.

I asked investigate him for what? Receiving from Varadkar? Come off it. This is getting sad and desperate.

He leaked a confidential document from a private negotiation, to a rival, uninvited, union, headed by his friend. Thats the fact being investigated for any criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Surely our next Taoiseach can't enter office while being under criminal investigation for leaking documents for corrupt reasons during the last time he was in office?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Here's a tip for free Marine, stop getting so hung up on what you perceive as "your side" - I don't ask you to take ownership for what others are posting, so how's about you deal with what I'm posting too?

As for "goading", and using "pseudonyms" (you sure you understand the meaning of the word btw?)

Can you point out how the hell I'm trying to "goad" you? Or what "pseudonyms" I'm using?

If you perceive if as "goading" people mentioning facts about the predicament Varadkar has landed himself in, you'd be best to stay clear of threads such as this one, because I don't consider it to be goading anyone if it's being kept factual.

Varadkar has admitted to giving the documents marked as "confidential" to OTuathail.

Varadkar is the subject of the NBCI criminal investigation.

It is in the public domain that Varadkar was questioned under caution (not as a witness)

It is also in the public domain that Varadkar and OTuathail deny "knowingly" breaking any laws. (Though if it makes it to court, I'm not sure ignorance of the law butters any parsnips as they say)

If you suspect any of what I'm posting to be untrue, or that I'm perhaps "making it up" you know what to do, and what button to press, but I can assure you all of what I'm posting can be backed up, if you want to read up on any of it and enlighten yourself, just ask and I can help you with that, the fact you feel someone is "goading you" by posting about Leo Varadkars uncomfortable predicament, in the thread about Leo Varadkars uncomfortable predicament, well unfortunately I can't help with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

This is interesting from yourself.

The accusations in the papers /affidavit are he used company funds & personnel to help his crusade

So I'm afraid you'll have to put up with what his spinning tyres have thrown up 

Because as it's very funny indeed, funny because you have had multiple in-thread hissy fits, and have accused people of goading and using pseudonyms for posting accusations against Leo which are also in the papers.

Wasn't it yourself I've witnessed posting multiple times the phrase "sauce for the goose" on this thread, yeah? Not for you though if would seem.

So nothing new

Just more repetition, denial of goading and an inclusion that I don't understand words...

Okaaaay

• Advertisement

I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say,is it that I have to put up with what you guys are saying too?

I don't have a problem with that,but I'll tell you what I think some of it is

What's gas about some of the responses in this thread is,in some quarters you'd swear the most important thing was to goad the other side,often using 'subject ' as a pseudonym for criminal

My side of the thread see this,call it,but are happy enough in their opinion not to give a toss about it

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

Well to be fair, a "pseudonym" is an alias (a fictitious name).

You used one yourself when you created your username here (I would hope)

Perhaps you meant to use a different word, I don't know, but as far as I can tell, "OTuathail" and "Varadkar" are certainly not "pseudonyms", not my dog in the fight, but I can see where they're coming from, thinking you might misunderstand the meaning of the word you were using?

Nope,I deliberately used it to describe using a word to imply criminal that doesn't mean criminal

To pretend you're not trying to say criminal when that's what you want to say

I engaged poetic license describing a word as you would a person in tandem with explaining why You can't call an uncharged and unconvicted person a criminal

Ah I understand now, you're a tad "peeved" (shall we say?) at "subject" being used (that's not a pseudonym, no matter how much you protest though)

Looking in from here though, you just seem to be complaining about something which is factually correct, Leo, and his actions are the subject of a criminal investigation though, by the NCBI. Surely your can't have missed numerous reports describing it as such?

I believe SIPO even used the term, perhaps they're deliberately "goading" you also?

Sipo contacted Mr Murphy last Wednesday. AnAnfficial in the complaint and investigations unit told him: “The Commission notes that this matter is the subject of an investigation by An Garda Síochána, as reported in the media. Based on this information, the Commission has decided to suspend consideration of the complaint made by you until An Garda Síochána have concluded their investigation.”

If it was factually inaccurate, I would get your grievance, but currently (to me anyway) it just looks like you moaning because you don't like the stark reality lain out in front of you.

I'll leave it at that.

You're a great example of why politicians like Varadkar think they can do as they like and be defended for it.

I have a problem with a minister, then Taoiseach, being untrustworthy, underhanded and a liar.

Varadkar is not a criminal. He could be, but we'll wait until the criminal investigation into his actions is closed.

I never said Varadkar wasn't the subject of the investigation

I just am not at this side of the thread joining the other sides connotations party as there are none

Alas the fact no one this side of the thread cares about the goading around that,seems to upset some quarters on the other side,I and this side probably care even less about that

We all must carry our own burdens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

This is Ireland. Of course he can become Taoiseach of the Banana Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I've been struggling to follow your latest crusade, ML.....you're acknowledging that Varadkar is the subject if an investigation, while claiming that, 'the other side' are goading and making connotations by referring to him as the subject of an investigation....while also engaging in the very same speculation and insinuation regarding Paddy Cosgrave?

It doesn't strike me as a particularly sturdy moral high ground you're on there.

So now you are admitting that the poster Murphy (or any other poster) is factually correct when they describe Leo as being the "subject" of a criminal investigation?

What, in the name of all that is holy, was the big commotion about, and why are you describing it as "goading" and using the entirely incorrect and inappropriate description "pseudonym" for calling it, what it is?

I find it a bit "cry babyish" if I'm perfectly honest, I detest the dark and cold evenings that are encroaching on us at this time of year, but it is what it is, no point complaining about it.

With this apparently set to continue into 22, I'd get used to it if I were you, but what I wouldn't do is complain about folks calling a spade a spade.

• Advertisement

Thats not what I said

What I said is clear,I'm not repeating myself, it's upthread in today's posts

Its also immaterial in my opinion as my side of the thread is 100% confident what the outcome of this is going to be once its been thoroughly investigated and closed

I see all the repeating as pointless

It's not what you said?

Who posted this then?

How am I supposed to take that seriously when all you're doing from what I can see is trying to goad me and others to use your pseudonym's for what your side has shown it wants to say

Are you posting with sincerity, or taking the mickey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Fair play ML, hell of a job you are doing defending varadkar and his nonsense. He'll keep you busy to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

LOL, always so quick to point the finger, and then the ninja edit after.

Won't fool ol' Marko though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I would have to say I have never read a thread where the guts of it have been raked over to such an extent as this one.

Surely there’s no more room on the head of the pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

hey you should have a peep in the sf tread , their was a poster on there that " raked " up a word that a sf td used on the radio because gerry adams used years before too and claimed there was a shinner conspiracy about people being schooled to use the same language .

actually come to think of it , it was you brendan hahaha

varadkar is still the main figure of the guards investigation , for something varadkar admitted doing , people will understandably want to talk about that , likely even for years to come no matter how it concludes .

prob as wise getting use to it pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Two groups sitting on opposite sides of a room with their fingers in their ears roaring the same tired points at eachother over and over again for months now. Both as bad as eachother.

The thread seems to have absolutely no room for any discussion from a reasoned middle-ground, it's either judge, jury, executioner from one side or, 'nothing to see here; despite being the subject of a criminal investigation he definitely didn't do anything wrong' from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,656 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He is none of those, but I have a similar problem with posters and don't hesitate to call them out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You have very high moral standards, in fairness.

I often am amazed as to how worked up folk get over perceived ‘alleged wrongdoing’ by those in Govt. Yet seem to

ignore the past of a lot of those in opposition.

I accept that that may be a tad off topic, apologies for that, but I feel it’s worth saying in the context of this thread.

strong bang of hypocrisy about their faux distaste of alleged events which have yet to be fully investigated and adjudicated on.

Strange kind of attitudes I have to say……..but hey.

• Advertisement

By your low standards I guess so.

He confessed and apologised. Did you not know that?

Desperate attempt at whatabout there lad. 2 out of 10.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement