Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm very tempted by an online offer from a company in the Rewarding Times offers via the Irish Times. Obviously you pay now and avail of the offer in 2021. Anyone know what would happen if company went wallop in the meantime - I know there might be a chance of a chargeback on a credit card but is there any other option, I wonder? A few hundred euro in question.

I think if you can pay by paypal that's more secure again and a better chance of a refund.

However remember if a company does goes bust prepaid customers are UNSECURED creditors and are usually the last to ever receive any money, and once the auditors and tax man are paid, it's onto creditors and then customers. And if they had enough money to pay the tax man and creditors well they wouldn't go bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,475 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24 x 330ml Glass bottles of Lucozade Original for €10 in Tesco.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tVFMyjq.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Bottles of prosecco €3.93 today in Lidl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Posy wrote: »
    Bottles of prosecco €3.93 today in Lidl!

I was waiting to get into my local and people were carrying out boxes of the prosecco. Very high demand

Theu have Captain Morgan for €14 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Dunnes have a good bit of their Christmas stock on sale. Lots out of stock unfortunately but still worth at look :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A serious amount of M&S festive desserts now half price with the yellow sticker (best before date is today), avaliabilty will vary store to store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

A serious amount of M&S festive desserts now half price with the yellow sticker (best before date is today), avaliabilty will vary store to store.

Need to pass Liffey valley later. Are any of them freezable do you know?

Need to pass Liffey valley later. Are any of them freezable do you know?

Was a little bit of freezable stuff but the most they had were desserts (not freezable). Worth calling in for a look if you are passing.

• Advertisement

Omg, they have so much left. What a waste!

Was in again earlier, couldn't leave this behind...

Fook me the chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Fook me the chocolate!

That, a pot of tea and no interruptions = sugar induced coma!! But oh what fun it is to ride on a sugar powered sleigh....

Looks delightful.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Our artificial tree is on its last legs (lost 2 branches putting it up this year, and it sheds everywhere) so it will be going in the bin as soon as we take the decorations down. I'm hoping it might be possible to pick up a decent one in an end of year clearance sale somewhere (click and collect or online). Any ideas for where to look?

cee_jay wrote: »
    Our artificial tree is on its last legs (lost 2 branches putting it up this year, and it sheds everywhere) so it will be going in the bin as soon as we take the decorations down. I'm hoping it might be possible to pick up a decent one in an end of year clearance sale somewhere (click and collect or online). Any ideas for where to look?

Argos have a sale and are still open- subject to stock availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Fook me the chocolate!

Which Marks is This? I was in Dundrum yesterday and there was feck all thwre desserts wise. All I got was some cut price mince pies

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

We have so many decorations cant buy any more. But....bought a load of stuff yesterday in 50 percent sales in some shops for nieces and nephews who have new homes..for next Christmas. So I still get d buzz....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^ There's one M too many, in that link. 😉

https://www.kilkennyshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Christmas

For all of us Bailey lovers.

• Advertisement

Ooooooh yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭tscul32

I still have Baileys left over from last Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

With some ice, is a great sipping drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭tscul32

And in cheesecake and truffles and hot chocolate....mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Half a dozen of those please!!! Myself & the Mrs love a baileys or two (okay, 3 or 4) so when we see a deal like that tend to take advantage 😀

I swear we're not alcoholics!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Lidl version, Irish Cream Liqeur is 25% off with the Lidl plus app this week so €7.09 for a 700ml bottle if anyone likes that one. I haven't tried it myself.

Lots of Lindt advent calendars down to €10 in Tesco, plus the tin of Lindor is reduced down to €15. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Good deal advent calendar still full price in Dunnes

• Advertisement

Picked up a tin of chocolate kimberley in Dunnes today for €8. Close to as cheap as they will get. 🙂

Advertisement