Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

Is rain a problem for anyone else? Can't see a thing when it comes down in GTA 3 when driving. Not sure if it's just my TV.

Not played III but SA is the same, they need to reign it in lol !!!!!!!

It's very heavy handed and looks crap to be frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

I noticed that also but I've become a target for the Triads which more problematic.

Remembered it had this in a box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On second thoughts, some atmospheric fog is probably for the better...

Map looks smaller than I remember it. Going by that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The rain is terrible and made me turn off Vice City. It made me feel sick and I don't get that with games. I hope they get rid of it, or someone makes a mod to turn it off.

Some parts of the trilogy are nice but the package feels like a fan mod tbh. Pretty low quality

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm 4 hours on to 3 and half way through the game according to a mission list. Loving it but not without its flaws. I remember v thinking the Mafia Sentinel looks a lot worse than it used to, too shiny now, so looked up a vid and yeah, rose tinted glasses were in full effect! As fun as it is, it's definitely dampening how good i used to remember it being.

Anyway, 2nd Island is choc a block with fast cars so it's nice and quick getting around. Will be into vice city in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lmao that is absolutely gas. All the years of complaining, finally answered.

The fogless photo is actually kind of cool imho. GTAV is "bigger", but feels so much emptier to me I don't get the benefit of it. The smaller, denser map has far more character imho, I find that image really charming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Were they in the bedroom upstairs? Or is that just where the spray can was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Played a few hours on Series X, have to say its not as bad as I expected so I'm happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

How’s it playing on switch anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Downloaded on PC last night but couldn’t get the rockstar launcher to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I thought I hadn't played 3 that much but once I started it all came back to me. Weird how well I could remember my way around after all these years. Can't remember important stuff but video game maps seems to be etched into my brain!

Thanks for mentioning the Turismo race. I just stopped on it last night after many miserable failures. Didn't know about that Banshee. 3 is good for nostalgia reasons but showing its age in terms of game design. I think I'll just try and get the main game finished ASAP and move onto the other two.

Only played 3 and on the Lite (i.e. handheld) but fine for me. But I don't put huge stock in graphics and the likes so your millage may vary.

Playing GTA3 on Switch while my OH plays it on PS5. The Switch version is great and still a definite upgrade from the originals, but as you can imagine not as crisp as the other consoles. I'm finding it's working great for playing a mission or two in short bursts too.

I have to admit I'm also fairly jealous of the framerates the OH is getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The rain really is disgraceful, even if it looked like that in the original game all those years ago it'd still be unacceptable.

After I finish 3, I might hold out for a patch to see if they fix the problems in VC and SA. If they can't patch the rain to look even somewhat decent they'd be better off just removing it altogether. I have a horrible feeling that they're not going to fix a damn thing given the studio's track record with the 360 remaster of San Andreas. If it is just a shameless cash grab, they might never touch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If anyone is going for trophies in GTA3 there is some that can be missed . Story based trophies so if missed you would need to play again .

haven’t started vice or SA so not sure about them

Same here, the pop in is not great (traffic materializes if you’re driving at high speed) but I think the backlash is a bit over the top. And Switch got gyro aiming, which is good in docked mode.

• Advertisement

Yes, spray can and camera in the bedroom the weapons were in the kitchen. From my searching online it seems you have to do all 100 tags. I thought it might have been 25 per item.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

They've apparently taken the PC versions off their store, and the rockstar launcher is down as well (so nobody can play RDR2 or GTAV which require a connection)

Apparently Vice City is full of music they didn't have licenses for, maybe this is why. Wonder if the console versions could get cyberpunked also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The upscaling work is so lazy and really atrocious in places resulting in all sorts of spelling errors.

Such as:

Either outsourced to non English native speaking countries or incredibly lazy.

Man, some of these 3 missions really are tough, it's like you gotta know where the police badges are to help get away from the cops and it doesn't help the cartel opening fire at me everywhere i go.

Pretty sure they said they used AI/ML to upscale.

Well that's fair enough then. I can picture the AI squinting saying is that a h or an m :)

I forgot about the mission to whack Tanner from the driver series. Now there's a remaster i would love, the original Driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If they could retrofit some non-90 degree angled corners into it, we'd be well away.

I have a girlfriend.

Girlfriend: Let's get something to eat.

Get to fastfood place.

Girlfriend: Let's do a drive by.

I also done that mission where you rescue your brother from the motel. I had a Ak after that mission it was gone. Other weapons and spraypaint disappeared from my inventory too after the mission where you petrol bomb that house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played a bit of GTA3. Man, while they did the best job they could with a lot of it, they really ballsed up some bits. The rain effects in particular are shocking, you can't see a f*cking thing. The auto-aiming is crap too. I also fell through the map at one point.

Advertisement