Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single ssid between different AP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Find something to run a Ubquiti controller on (I run it on a Pi) and configure the 2 Ubquiti AP's in a group and just use that for your wifi as they will roam. You can't join in a single SSID the Ubquiti and the Xiaomi as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the reply.

i did not know that i required a ubiquiti controller to manage 2 APs. i just assumed i install them via app on the phone and they both would together with single ssid.

thanks about xiaomi, i will have to put it on adverts then :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

You can have same SSID and pass on any device, however, devices from different manufacturers will not work in tandem and will not handle client transition(roam) between them smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

You need mesh

https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/xiaomi-mi-router-ax1800-ra67-review/

"To put the Xiaomi Mi Router AX1800 RA67 in perspective, it is what financially challenged folk buy. And they know a bargain. Because at $99.95, it does everything a small apartment dweller could want. You can later buy the AX3600 and use this as a mesh satellite (see our Xiaomi AIoT AX3600 review here 9.6/10)."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks.yes was aware of the mesh from xiaomi. but wanted to know if i can use ubiquity and xiaomi.

wanted a AP on the landing ceiling, hence thought of ubiquity

• Advertisement
Advertisement