Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

It's a pity they couldn't provide some decent speakers like they have in the UK models (JBL). Paddy spec speakers are terrible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Can I ask for people's opinion on below E niro? I believe it's the newer model with the wide-screen, looks like maybe was a demo model.

We currently have a 16 reg sportage and are interested in dipping the toe into electric, thought this seemed like a good starting point. I have the sportage on donedeal, have had 2 in dependant dealers offer 15k, will be interesting to see if these guys will be willing to take a trade in and value they offer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2020-kia-niro-e-niro-ev-64kw/29134960

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yep that's the same as my '20 it has the bigger screen and uvo app. Second hand niros are still quite rare.

Only thing that went wrong was ours was the button on the passenger door handle (for the keyless entry) and was just replaced under warranty.

Have 40k up on ours now.

The trade in price for the Sportage isn't too bad at all. The lack of cars coming from GB has kept second hand prices up.

We came from a Sportage too, slightly lower, but the ride was better, boot is a bit smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I upgraded mine with genuine JBL Stage2 604C's. A world of difference in the sound quality. You just need to buy spacers, and then mount in the same place

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

The Niro comes with a 7kw charger cable right? Any other, or just that one? Going to go check this one out this morning and want to be sure it's got everything I'll need

• Advertisement

If it's a brand new Niro then it should come with a 3 phase cable and also a granny cable.

The 3 phase is grey and the single phase is blue.

Should also come with a trickle charger (orange).

The first '20 niros arrived with the single phase, and then we were supplied with the 3 phase one. I kept the single phase as my home charge point is untethered.

Battery degradation test on the eNiro after 92k

TL:DW :its about 1% from last test at 15K and i dare say theres a lot of DC Charging on that car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

What's the difference between the MY21 and MY22?

Anyone know when the MY22 will be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bshaftoe

My wife and me we are getting the MY22 this November, apparently. We paid the deposit on Saturday and there was one left out of a batch of 10, 11 or 12, I don't remember the exact number. So if you go now you'll get the new trim. The only difference is that some (I think not all) of the headlights are LED now. It's a pity, I would have loved heat pump and the blind spot warning system.

One question for all the Niro owners that have the UVO Telematics. Can it be setup in more than one phone or is it just one phone?

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Minifox

Hi guys

Very useful forum here!

Just put a deposit down and e-Niro and it's expected in January 2022. Just a few quick questions:

1) I saw on a YouTube review that the regenerative braking doesn't trigger brake lights. Surely this was an error.

2) Does anyone know if the 221 version will have the new Kia badge?

3) Will the 221 version still have the blue thread in the black leather seating or will they be more uniformly black?

Thanks in advance.

I can only answer question 1. On my 211, Reg Braking does trigger the brake lights! If you use the paddle it will trigger brake lights, but if you have it on level 1, it won't turn on when you take foot off accelerator. I think it only triggers brake lights on Level 2 and 3.

Not sure about the new Kia badge. I saw on the UK eNiro FB page, some people got it and others didn't, on their brand new cars. I think the new logo looks really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

considering changing to an Eniro. Quite a few new My21 in the country. Should I go for one of them or spend a bit more ( obviously wait a bit more too) on a MY22?

Is there really that big a difference in price between a 21 and 22? Assuming there isn't, a 22 seems like the way to go. It's the way I went anyway!

I put down a deposit about a week ago and the sales guy told me it would arrive in mid January.

...and if you can't trust a car salesman, who can you trust?! No offense to any car salespeople out there. Just a joke from an old fan of Arthur Daly!

Deposit down on an E-Niro. In stock but wont register till January. Pity I liked the soul but the family.. not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Give them a chance - they'll grow on you. 😀

Well wear. Did you not consider the EV6?

oh good aye, Lovely lovely motor but no matter which way I ran the man maths its just a wee bit outside my affordable zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you're buying see if you can haggle on the service plan - some people seem to have gotten it half price. The ridiculous service schedule for the e-niro compared to other manufacturers is what has put me off Kia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well after months of waiting, the updates site appearing and then suddenly disappearing, and Kia Europe even officially denying it was ever going to happen, we can now finally download our own navigation system software updates!!! No more dodgy torrents, or scouring even dodgier Russian hackers forums ...

Beware though that if you're still on the older software version aka "Type 1", i.e. over a year or so old, this will update you to the new purple, or as Kia seem to call it "magenta" colour scheme aka the "Type 2" display. Lots of changes wrt the old one, so you may wish to Google it first before updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I still find it extraordinary that they changed from the Cyan colours.

My main reluctance to change is because the whole interior of the Black MY20 is pretty much matched to this.

The cyan colour is used for the seats stitching and piping, steering wheel stitching, door card stitching and on the plastic glossy door panels at the opening levers. Of course, I use the cyan ambient lighting colour too.

In the UK, all of their stitching and piping was white, so it can blend with any colour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don’t even care about the colour. What I do care about is the Home Screen being rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Looking for advice for the best setting to use for air con so as to keep the windscreen clear without having the car too warm. Lower temp do not seem to keep the screen clear but higher one's leave the car too stuffy. Thanks in advance!

Air con and heat always on, and then set your temp as needed.

Aircon will cool the air, cooling the air dries it, then when you heat that air, you have hot dry air which clears windows really fast

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

I think I'm getting closer and closer to biting the bullet on a new E-Niro.

I thought I'd be blown away by the Ioniq 5 or the EV6 - but not so far. Still have to drive the EV6, but the Ioniq seemed mostly great but then sluggish and inefficient in the 58 kw/h model. I expected more from a dedicated EV platform.

The first Kia dealer I was talking to was quick enough to drop down from 38 to 37k on the road when I was idly comparing the value vs the EV6.

Should i be suspicious or has some competition created some downward pressure? I thought chip shortage eliminated all bargains, and throwing around ORO prices below Kia website price...

Scratching me head a bit - Am i being fobbed off with a MY21 to clear the forecourt as the MY22 are arriving? Seems like a good deal compared to used prices and lack of options, so where's the catch?

Sounds like a great price. My Kia dealer quoted 39.5k final price for an MY22. Wishing I hadn't put down the deposit so quickly now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Sounds like a good deal to me . I’ve one for about 18 months , it’s a great EV . I’m sure I paid close to 41 . I’m not expecting the new EV6 to have better range than tte E Niro when the tests are in as consumption will be higher I’m expecting.

Advertisement