Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Indeed. Kinda very different situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They chased after him because he shot and unarmed man ,they tried to disarm him , remember he also had no actual injuries and yes he was hit in the shoulder with a skateboard , but only after he shot an unarmed man first

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

You conveniently neglect to mention that the unarmed man began more than one confrontation that day. He was filmed shouting "shoot me n*gger" repeatedly; told Rittenhouse that he was going to kill him; chased after Rittenhouse across a car park while Rittenhouse was attempting to flee (before any of the shootings took place); tried to assault Rittenhouse by throwing something at him; continued to chase him and then tried to grab Rittenhouse's rifle (corroborated by both Rittenhouse and independent witness).

So your unarmed man isn't quite as blameless as you are trying to make out. An unarmed man attempting to assault you and reaching for your gun is 100% a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

First result from that search quoted below. They are racist as ****!

Other hardcore members of the alt-right have argued that the “Western chauvinist” label is just a “PR cuck term” McInnes crafted to gain mainstream acceptance. “Let’s not bullshit,” Brian Brathovd, aka Caerulus Rex, told his co-hosts on “The Daily Shoah,” an antisemitic podcast popular with the alt-right. If the Proud Boys “were pressed on the issue, I guarantee you that like 90% of them would tell you something along the lines of ‘Hitler was right. Gas the Jews.

White nationalists and neo-Nazis themselves have cited McInnes as a gateway to the alt-right. On “The Southern AF Podcast,” one former Proud Boy who went on to embrace white nationalism said he was originally drawn to the group because of its “pro-white sentiment.” “All his jokes, all his content when I first started listening to him,” he said of McInnes, “was all freakin’ alt-right stuff and racial issues and funny, comedic ways to like try to point out that white civilization has been superior.” Many Proud Boys like him have moved on to more extreme groups and ideologies.

But you Wojtek the bear know better. 🤣

• Advertisement

@BattleCorp1 You conveniently neglect to mention that the unarmed man began more than one confrontation that day.

And yet nobody else shot him despite multiple Provocations .

Only one person shot multiple people that night out of the possible tens or hundreds of armed people ,not including law enforcement officers.

He was already talked to by police who told him he wasn't allowed to go down a certain street but rather than staying at the police line he decided to go back towards trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Unarmed man only brought the threat of physical violence to Rittenhouse. To everybody else he was being verbally confrontational. But nice of you to a acknowledge the fact he was an unhinged individual who was clearly looking for aggro.

The last sentence is you again typing more pathetic lies and distortions of reality. What happened as was recounted and proved during the trail , was that Kyle had retreated back to the police line , there he was told he couldn't pass through so was sent back to where he came from. You claiming he could have but chose not to stay at the police line is a complete lie.

He threatened multiple people in different locations and yet no one else choose to shoot him .

Why couldn't he stay at the police line exactly and how is it a lie ?

He only threatened Rittenhouse with physical violence. Has the penny dropped yet?

No he didn't , plenty of videos getting aggressive with other people with assault rifles ,he challenged them to shoot him .

• Advertisement

You're saying he didn't charge at Rittenhouse after yelling F-You?

FFS Uncle Ben's rice, mathematics and "the countryside" are racist according to some people.

My understanding, that they are non-racial, pro-Western values group, is consistent with having black and Latino members. Your understanding is not consistent with that.

I do think I understand the Proud Boys better than you. Otherwise how do you square the circle of having non-white members, and a Latino leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

Watch the video again. Kyle is running away and another fires their gun in the air. Kyle turns to see where it came from and sees the first man threw something at him and lunged for the weapon. That's why he got shot. The second man tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard which can be lethal. The human skull is fragile. The third man admitted on the stand to aiming his pistol at Kyle Rittenhouse. He's now telling a different story to the media which make you wonder whether he committed perjury on the stand which is a serious offence.

Rittenhouse is a dumbass but it is a clear self defence case and he'll also be a rich man once all those libel suits are settled. The American media and the left in general have learned nothing from the Nick Sandmann case.

He got into peoples faces at multiple locations that night again nobody shot him ,

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Rosenbaum seems to have been escalating in violence.

Rittenhouse has a very babyish face, Rosenbaum a serial child abuser may have focused subconsciously on him.

The moment he started escalating to violence he put his worthless life at risk, he kept going and going and was stopped.

Rittenhouse was protecting people and helping all sides.

"So, people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business. Part of my job is also to help people. If there is somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I have to protect myself, obviously. I also have my med kit." 

He is a working class hero.

Yet it doesn't matter that Rosenbaum's life had no worth or what Rittenhouse intended, helped or didn't help

In that moment he was attacked, it became about that moment and self defense.

Those people were in groups and he didn't violently charge at them. . You denied Rosenbaum charged at Rittenhouse. Why are you lying to defend Rosenbaum? There's something not right with you.

@Danzy

Rittenhouse has a very babyish face, Rosenbaum a serial child abuser may have focused subconsciously on him.

For **** sake .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Poor Gavin. He literally denounced the Alt Right, well before the likes of Charlottesville, on the grounds of wanting a home for black conservatives, yet still he's called a white supremacist. On top of that, he's married to an Indian, and has mixed race children, yet none of that matters to people like Robbie. It's not they can't process reality either, they simply refuse to, and they can't beat their enemies over the head with lies if they acknowledge the truth.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

They already are. Had a black professor on claiming that the Kyle Rittenhouse case was white supremacy on trial. They also showed a tweet from Biden calling him a white supremacist. The judge in the case is now apparently a Trump stooge. He was appointed by a Democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

So for the same reasons I take it you would have no qualms abut people being executed in Islamic countries for crimes such as homosexuality because it is not out of the ordinary?

I didn't say I had no qualms with it. I explained why in the context of the trial that is the subject of this thread, it would not be seen as unusual.

Consider for a moment that not everyone finds it necessary to work themselves up into an emotional ball of moral judgment about everything that happens everywhere in the world.

The attitude of Americans toward veterans is about as relevant to this trial as Joseph Rosenbaum anally raping multiple little boys is. Which is to say not at all.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cafflingwunts

all this controversy yet watching the video would stop anybody saying it wasn't justified – he was on the ground whilst a man runs at him with a pistol in his hand. every single one of us here, if armed, would have blown him away too.

anyone who says different is a sap living in a fantasy world. self preservation is so ingrained in our systems we'd sooner throw our mother off a cliff then jump ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

He didn’t lunge for their gun. Next question?,

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

It's rubbish like that that see's the Republican party back in power in 3 years time maybe even with Trump in there again. The lack of self awareness from Democrats is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Search result 3 the Wall street journal

Who Are the Proud Boys? Canada Names Far-Right Group a Terrorist Organization

Search result 4

A few Wisconsin men joined the Proud Boys with the intent of finding brotherhood, similar to that of what they experienced in the military.

What they found was different, telling USA TODAY-Wisconsin that "the group is a den of racism and antisemitism. Moving up within the group, they said, is dependent on sadistically bullying potential members and promoting white supremacist talking points," reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 

Another search result from the combating terrorism at west point says

https://ctc.usma.edu/pride-prejudice-the-violent-evolution-of-the-proud-boys/

Who Are the Proud Boys?

Gavin McInnes, a Canadian-American extreme far-right commentator, founded the Proud Boys in New York City in 2016.3 McInnes announced the group’s formation in Taki’s Magazine, a self-described libertarian webzine that previously employed white nationalist Richard Spencer as its managing editor.a According to McInnes, the group’s existence was necessary due to the inability for society to let menb be proud of Western culture.c Since that publication, the Proud Boys have continued to describe themselves as “Western chauvinistsd who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world”4 and claim to be primarily a libertarian-oriented fraternal drinking club. In reality, the Proud Boys serve as a radicalization to violence vector that seeks to ‘red pill’e recruits and sympathizers from mainstream conservatism. The group’s narratives amplify latent anti-Marxist and anti-communist sentiment in certain ideographs of American patriotism, and distorts those sentiments by mixing in misogynistic, fascistic, and ethno-nationalist worldviews.5 The group has long held a “permeable barrier”f with white supremacist groups like Identity Evropag and the Rise Above Movement,h as well as neo-Nazi accelerationist terror groups like Atomwaffen Division and the Base, fighting alongside them at protests and sharing members.6

Proud Boys members frequently display racist and fascist iconography on apparel (e.g., “Right-Wing Death Squad”z images, “6 million was not enough,” swastikas, and more), and several members and chapters have openly shown affinity for overt fascist organization

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Yeeeah I'm not engaging with that. Whew lad.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

Once again the thread title is a disgrace. The chap has obviously had a breakdown or panic attack on the witness stand. Calling it acting is crass and disgusting. As someone myself who has suffered panic attacks in the past i find it very unnerving to see someone made fun of in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's a real problem now for the modern left.

For too many of them, their old voter base are Hicks and gammons, non compliance if you are black means you are an Uncle Tom or a coconut, don't get started on Jews, East Asians and Hindus, women are Terfs, men are patriarchal sex offenders, the person bedside you at your party meeting is a Red Tory or the wrong tendency of ideological thought, tankies and trots etc etc.

There is a sneer for everyone, and everyone is judged as impure in the eyes of the holy priests.

It's wiped out the left as an electoral force in most of Europe and England, hardest in areas where they were completely dominant.

It's very depressing.

Has any posts been removed ????

He was shot in the back.

Rosenbaum was shot four times by someone who was within 4 feet of him. He testified that Rosenbaum was first wounded in the groin and then in the hand and thigh as he faced Rittenhouse, and then was shot in the head and in the back.

Those final two shots were at a downward angle, the pathologist said. Prosecutors have said this indicates Rosenbaum was falling forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

If you're a missing few they might be over on the creative writing forum... 😎

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement