Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Il actually miss it now tbh! It was lovely mindless fun for a Sunday evening

Stay safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mr E wrote: »
    Mod Charter Reminder:

That's fine, but when you have RTE through Zamparelli pushing the "Lottie the hottie" line then it's fair game for commentary if not pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This site has nothing to do with RTE. We have our own rules.

Mr E wrote: »
    This site has nothing to do with RTE. We have our own rules.

I understand that, but surely you agree we can comment on actual quotes from the show?

..................Once I heard Jennifer Zamparelli say "Lottie the hottie" I knew the fix was in. Her husband wouldn't even call her hot. ..............
    I understand that, but surely you agree we can comment on actual quotes from the show?

Yeah, but saying a ladies husband wouldn't call her hot is a bit beyond commenting on an actual quote.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah, but saying a ladies husband wouldn't call her hot is a bit beyond commenting on an actual quote.

It's a subjective opinion based on a quote.
    Yes, I'm exaggerating to highlight a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

I never understand the need for the" finally some good news" rubbish during this whole thing when stuff has been canceled, like even if its just a joke how is anyone losing work or a job good and how hard is it to keep you mouth shut over something you dont like being cancelled?

Anyway I doubt it will be back in 2022 seems like RTE will try for something cheaper, most likely an Irish Version of The Masked Singer which in my opinion wont go down too well.
    If Virgin Media still want something to replace Irelands Got Talent and they can afford it I would not be surprised if they went for it (if they have the money of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

I guess production-wise DWTS would require a lot more people with all the sets and things than other live shows so maybe social distancing would be impossible (correct me if wrong), but feels a bit premature by RTÉ, they were looking for opportunities to cut costs prior to this crisis anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I guess production-wise DWTS would require a lot more people with all the sets and things than other live shows so maybe social distancing would be impossible (correct me if wrong), but feels a bit premature by RTÉ, they were looking for opportunities to cut costs prior to this crisis anyway...

They'd have to start recruiting the celebs now so it makes sense (unfortunately) to cancel if there's still no certainty regarding whether an audience could be allowed in or if restrictions might be tightened again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I get the impression that Strictly is going ahead. Not really surprised RTÉ canceled this tough.
    It would involve too much money.
    I think RTE will have lots of misery programs on in future regarding Covid-19!

I'm actually a huge dance fan having been "forced":rolleyes: to do a lot of it and numerous styles as a child. Watching DWTSIreland was a guilty pleasure - even though I wasn't a fan of certain aspects of it.

Despite liking the show however, I do think it was on its last legs. It's no Strictly, that's for sure. Whilst the quality of the pros was by and large comparable, the "stars" were scraping the bottom of a very shallow barrel. I can't imagine how much worse that could get if they continued with it for another season. I think this is likely to be more of a permanent cancellation than a hiatus, and I'd hope they'd have enough sense to leave it at that.

Julian however should (health-permitting) be given his own show, perhaps a Graham Norton-type chat show (and yes I know he wouldn't get the A-listers but I mean stylistically). He was the show's star.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Rfrip

As much as I mocked it I really enjoyed it. It was just something so light and fluffy to watch on a dreary Sunday evening.

Certainly the Irish judges were at least on a par with the UK judges.
    Loraine was easily on a part with Shirley in terms of achievement and ability through their careers - both world champions
    Brian and Motsi were both pros for years
    Craig and Julian - both involved in stage although Craig would have a much better pedigree.
    Bruno jumped the shark years ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I hope the year's break will give them a chance to find some new people I've heard of to compete.

Strictly's pros are doing 6 weeks of quarantine together to prep and film the pro-dances apparently. So they won't be live. Probably to shorten the filming time. Can't see how an audience is in the mix this year though, and we know Bruno is out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I hope the year's break will give them a chance to find some new people I've heard of to compete.

If it does return you'll get a rugby player, a GAA player, Fair City members, some social media one and maybe some presenter.
    Similar to strictly a few sports people, people from the soaps, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It’s a shame but maybe there’s room for Kai and Pasquele on Strictly this year? Since they lost Kevin and AJ? I think Oti’s husband Marius will join Strictly this year as an extra pro with no celeb partner like Johannes and Neil used to. I hope Gorka is back with a partner this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

STRICTLY Come Dancing have signed up handsome dancer Kai Widdrington to appear on this year’s series.

Kai, 24, recently moved to the UK from Ireland, where he appears on Dancing With The Stars, after being recruited by the BBC.

Says it is only a group dance role but it is the start I guess

New season will be back in January 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Okay, I think I've the year correct now. I should have just settled on January.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

We're all thinking the same. The 'covid' years of 2020 and 2021 feel like one year. Time really has flown I find.

Now that I've got year correct.

These people have being spotted at reheraals.

Neil Delamare comedia.

Ellen Keane an Irish Paralympic gold medal.

Aengus Mac Grianna former news reader.

Missy Keating Ronans daughter.

* Don't shot the messenger!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ryan McShane ISN'T returning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yes and it sounds like he has been treated badly.

Glad to see he has good things to say about Julian Benson. Notably, he didn't mention the other judges or the presenters.

I hope he gets snapped up by Strictly in the UK (if that's what he wants) because from what I remember he has strong partnering skills and a strong personality.

The RTÈ show is a Mickey Mouse production in fairness.

He's too old to be a pro on Strictly nowadays. Strictly only focuses on eye candy pros who might not even be that technically proficient. That's what makes Kai's introduction to the series this year very surprising. He's actually bloody good!

The budget for the RTE show is a tiny fraction of what the BBC one is. They do a very good job, all things considering.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the pros on DWTS have been of a far superior quality than the ones on Strictly recently.

Grainne Seoige!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I wouldn’t feel any sympathy for that McShane fella. He’s the make version of Karen, him and his bird Thalia will do anything for a bit of publicity. He’s jumping on the mental health bandwagon now, no doubt we’ll see him on the next series of celebrity he’ll week.

Advertisement