Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The momentum of his running would have kept him going.

Basing that on Dexter and a youth shooting rabbits.

Shot back or front doesn't really tell much.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I was replying to the the fact another poster saying someone else lied because be wasn't shot in the back ,

He was 4 foot away when he was shot

Maybe their point was that Rosenbaum was not shot in retreat.

I wasn't doubting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think he's a right wing idiot why would he go to a protest armed with a rifle which he has no legal right to carry, the judge in the case seems to be a racist too,

The right wing in America survives by making everything into a culture war the clothes you wear, where you buy food, what beer you drink eg some senators said young men spend to much time playing video games because they are under attack by Liberal women

Young men have been playing videogames since the PlayStation 1 was released. You are not allowed in bars in USA under the age of 21

Every week right wing Americans are dying of covid because they refuse to wear masks or get vaccinnated

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

The "downward angle" was the pathologist indicating the direction of the wound on Rosenbaum's body, not the angle that the shot came from.

If I am laying on the floor (for example) and you shoot through the bottom of my chin toward the top of my head, the wound is moving in an upward direction relative to my body. The shot itself was horizontal. The pathologist was referring to the former (which is his expertise), and not the latter (which he wouldn't know).

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

It's yet to be proven that Rittenhouse was carrying the rifle illegally.

I've a link posted earlier where a US lawyer breaks down the penal code in simple language and explains why he thinks it wasn't illegal for Rittenhouse to be in possession of the rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The right aren't alone in making everything into a culture war in America.

The notion that only right wing young men play video games is odd. Would drinking in bars make them less likely to shoot someone?

America is a mess, the extremes on either end of the political spectrum are all hugely irresponsible, the culture wars have fuses being lit at either end of the political spectrum and to lay the blame at the door of one group is just wilfully ignoring the actions of the other.

There are too many entrenched views on these topics, and very few non partisan voices ever get heard.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

He was shot in the back which was denied several times ,

Don't need CSI

His own friend who purchased the rifle on his behalf was holding it until he turned 18 because he wasn't legally allowed to purchase or own it , until he turned 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What makes you think the judge is a racist? I don't know if he is or isn't but that seems a bit of a stretch.

Is it because he is standing up to contempt in his own courtroom by the prosecutor?

What evidence do you have he is a racist?

Or is it just mindless name calling because the prosecution are struggling?

Maybe it's the prosecutor who should be getting your attention instead of the judge.

It wasn't denied. It was presented as evidence by the pathologist that a bullet entered his back.

And it's a criminal trial, not a "Gatling gets to decide everything" event. The evidence is the only thing that's relevant.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

°°°°°

It doesn't matter that there's no evidence to support the judge being a racist. It's just a case of slinging enough mid until something sticks.

Glazers Out!

He was shot in the back ....

There is nothing else to add I'm not doing anything or deciding,

I backed up what was denied and several people called liars for suggesting he was shot in the back ,

Fact he was shot in the back ,

No amount of bs or Junior CSI will change that

As he was being shot at after lunging for Rittenhouse's gun, and his momentum carried him forward, Rittenhouse fired at him to (according to Rittenhouse) eliminate what he perceived to be a threat to his life, a bullet entered his posterior torso.

That's what's been presented in the trial.

I don't object to you classifying that as "he was shot in the back" because it's ultimately a true statement. I object to you suggesting that somehow that rules out any possibility of it being self defense when we have additional evidence already presented in the trial that gives a better picture of how it would be possible for Rosenbaum to have been "shot in the back" without the possibility of a self defense finding being eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yesterday it was a talking point leaked to all the usual suspects so if you follow them chances are you probably think he is.

Amusing as the same people who are calling him racist would defend Biden for using the negro word Yesterday.

On the case, not sure really, he should not have been their, but its probably self defense.

I don't think he is the hero that some on the right are saying, nor do I think he is as evil as the other side are saying.

Its going to be very ugly no matter the result though.

@MilkyToast As he was being shot at after lunging for Rittenhouse's gun, and his momentum carried him forward, Rittenhouse.

But was shot at around 4 foot from Rittenhouse ,

and yes shot in the back and elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

The new video which isn't very clear (even after its been enhanced) shows him charging hands out, and falling forwards. Which explains the pattern of the shots and way he had powder burns. Its not clear if he grabbed the rifle or hit it with his hand reaching for it, or swatting it.

I can't see how its got anything to do with this case anyway. Its just misdirection.

It's a bit of an ecumenical matter.

A round went through his back but it wasn't the first one that entered the sack of sh85.

So while he was shot in the back it was not the first one.

Shot in the back makes it sounds like he was talking to his granny and he was shot between the shoulder blades.

• Advertisement

This is key , but it was also said he was shot from about 4ft away , which suggests he didn't even get close to rittenhouses gun ,and this idea he did it to prevent more people being killed by Rosenbaum if he got his hands on the gun ,

every thing has been made to sound like he killed a dangerous man who was out to kill multiple people but yet didn't hurt anyone else that night despite him trying to provoke multiple other wannabe navy seals

Again people are clearly making stuff up ,

Have I said he was running away when shot in back ,No

Have I said he was just randomly standing there and having a chat when he was shot in the back -No

Have I implied anything other reason -No

So here we are

And yes he was convicted of sexual assaulting a minor a few years back ,he was also a victim of horrific sexual abuse from a very early age till his teens,he was also mentally ill

4ft is nothing, especially when the aggressor is running.

I didn't say you said those things but it needed clarification, for the public, in my mind. As I said it was an ecumenical matter.

4 foot when you have an semi automatic rifle or was Rosenbaum falling or did he trip hence why the 4 rounds that hit him were not in the central mass which is what everybody who shoots is trained to target ,

Rittenhouse said he was afraid Rosenbaum would get his gun kill people , seemed he did alot of things in the several seconds of being chased till he shot and killed Rosenbaum

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

The pathologist was asked by the defence if a bullet could have entered Rosenhaum's back as he was falling and he said that it was possible. The video footage is clear. Lunge at someone with a gun and you are asking to be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

Virginia was just the start. 2022 is going to be bloodbath for the left in America but sadly it is the moderates who will be punished.

This is just nonsense. How could he prevent MORE people from being killed if he was the first person killed.

According the pathologist. The first wound had power burns and debris. His hand was either on the barrel or right beside it. In the video, they were both running. Rittenhouse away from Rosenbaunm and Rosenbaunm chasing and catching him. He caught him otherwise he wouldn't have powder burns.

He fell towards Rittenhouse due to his momentum. Which explains the pattern and the order of the shots. I didn't really understand it until I saw the video.

You have to consider the reason a mentally ill person was out wandering through a riot and a kid was there with a rifle is entirely down to US society, health service, gun control everything. Trying to pin this any one part of that is senseless.

That said we have long history of violence ourselves and violent crime. I wouldn't be throwing stones.

Not necessarily true ,

Looking at the rust Baldwin accidental shooting ,one of the crew has felt the powder and debris hit him despite not being directly in front of the barrel of the gun ,

4 shots in rapid succession would have left a fair amount of gsr on the victim and rittenhouse himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

This Rosenbaum person - is he the one convicted of raping five kids aged 9-11?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement