Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SA is the same. All they added to it is a wheel of fortune or wheel of gun selection. The auto aim is crap targets the ground sometimes and hard to lock on the person you want. I honestly thought they over hauled the shooting mechanics when I read the put in GTA V controls which they did not do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Would have thought the review embargo would be up at this stage. Strange it’s out a day and a half and not a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I don't think there is one. Don't think any review copies were sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Worse again ha. I’ll still likely pick it up but I’ll leave off and see if a patch gets released.

Is it just my speakers or is the audio in SA a bit crackly in bits? Noticeable in the intro and in some of the dialogue mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Audio in 3 is shocking at times. One character will be low, one crackly, one crystal clear and loud, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I've not played a huge amount yet, dipped into each of the three, and there's definitely room for a number of patches.

It isn't a complete disaster but some of the issues seem to boil down to the source material not being the best.

Ultimately remakes would probably have been a better idea, a good example of a remaster was the MGS HD collection and that was brilliantly done, although I think those games were probably developed by a much more fastidious team to begin with,not to mention Bluepoint are the undisputed masters of the remake/remaster to begin with. Maybe Rockstar acquired a team that just aren't as good as the competition. If they are planning a gta iv remaster they'll need to up their game.

Lots of silly QA/QC issues seem to be present, probably down to leaving the heavy lifting to the AI, you can't help but think those issues could have been easily avoided.

Hopefully the issues will be addressed. So far it's not the disaster some people are making out but it's far from perfect. It certainly doesn't fit the description of "Definitive" just yet.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some people reckon it will be pulled from sale for PC or was already just R* havent informed people.

I cannot believe it second time since I started all my weapons are gone. I had a tonne of UZI bullets but was uprooted to the sticks and lost them all. Out there as well I came across a invisible bridge I could see it in the distance but got closer and it went invisible took a chance at driving over nothing and it worked I didn't fall into the river below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Aren't the launchers for PC banjoo'd, that's why i assumed it was being pulled for PC launch.

• Advertisement

Jesus, i wish the rain would just **** off, it's actually hurting my eyes. I think when i finish 3, I'll wait for a hopeful patch but tbh, if i could get a refund now, i would. Having a laugh playing it but needs some quick patches, feels like it was thrown together.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I saw it mentioned on one of the news alerts on my phone it was down to the PC version having music they didn't have the rights to I think.

It's a big deal as people can't play the likes of Red Dead or GTA V either.

Just got done doing paramedic in SA and rolled the **** ambulance in the rain at level 11, manged to right it thankfully but I'd have been super f'n pissed if I'd failed it. Managed to limp it around and get it done but I'd say I was 1 hard knock away from a fiery death with cooked patients.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought this looked way better from the trailer but seems it's just a tarted up version of the mobile port and all the atmospheric effects are missing. San Andreas still doesn't look right. Disaster.

I agree. I also mentioned earlier today about the so called gun mechanics from GTA V. We did not get that even though I read about it in the lead up to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The rain makes it unplayable. I've a high tolerance for the other stuff but I actually can't stomach how the game makes me feel with the rain

This is the best example I've seen of how awful it looks, and how dizzy it can make you

I may return to it if they just straight up turn the rain off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It looks like a Minecraft world without the fog.

That's tame I'd have said compared to when you are on the ground.

Just thinking about it now they could have added wipers effect to clear it a bit but that costs too much to make on this quick cash grab. I'm playing it for free kinda as it's on game pass. It would be a bit sickening having paid for it though.

One thing I noticed playing this twice planes have crash in the game world near me and that never happened when I played it years ago(I think anyway). Are there other people playing around me?

• Advertisement

I'm on a mission grand theft aero for Donald love, absolute pain. The last part is a nightmare because of the awful gun mechanics, gta v style my arse. Makes combat an absolute pain and had my first rage quit tonight, couldn't face going through all that mission again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I played a good few hours of Vice City today. It's ok, but even ignoring the graphics you can tell it's very dated. I don't know how long I'll bother with it to be honest cause I started to get a bit bored.

Gun mechanics suck. Driving sucks. Running sucks. The whole movement just feels weird. Dying during a mission is still a total pain in the arse.

I agree with the notion that a remake would have been better even though it's probably unrealistic to expect this. But all the warts are super obvious in 2021, the game definitely was better in my memory than it is in reality (today).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Well I can't play the games even if I wanted to now, and trying to find their ticketing system on their website to ask for a refund seems obtuse on purpose.

Maybe I'll seed a few torrents, I dunno. Just saying. Man what a **** up

I tried to stay the PlayStation refund process which I'm really not expecting much from as I've already started one of the games but they are currently 'not accepting email' and phone lines don't open until Monday. At the moment, i don't even want to try vice city and SA to face that rain and the 'gta v style shooting mechanics'. I'm a sucker for preordering, I know, but might as well try get my money back.

I played GTA 5 twice on different platforms, 360/One but someone is going to have to spell out to me what GTA 5 shooting mechanics are because my memory of them is that they were shite like every game R* ever made in the last 20 years and that this version of SA doesn't really feel any better or worse in that regard.

I was really annoyed the character movement and combat in Red Dead 2 was what it was in that it was vintage R* and not dragged into the modern age like very other 3rd person game this decade.

I though they might have let you fire from cover or something instead of that rubbish crouch mechanic in SA that improves accuracy allegedly but you still have to stay in the open while 10 lads open up on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Never even fecking rains in California

haven bought yet and was going to go for the switch version but by all accounts that’s a complete mess altogether. Pretty poor from rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't how intensive it would be to copy those mods but even if they did it 50% of the way it would be a drastic improvement...

Also, the barber from almost 20 years ago has looks infinitely better than 2021's Mii character...

I played GTA V on 360, Xbox One and many, many times on PC. The shooting in GTA V is good you can fire from cover which is what you have to do or else you die. SA is hard hide behind a car a few seconds later it explodes. I was in the motel mission and was saying how easy it would have been to take cover around a corner and shoot but I couldn't do that I had to go out into the open and fire and get shot many times in the process.

From playing SA now it makes me wonder how I thought it was one of the best games I ever played. GTA V is on that list too, I loved GTA V on PC with the best graphics on any platform. I play it 120Hz @4k. I think it was because there was so much to do and a massive game world which was unheard of at the time. From playing it now it's mad how basic the graphics were.

• Advertisement

I just assumed people were over-egging it about the rain but eh yeah, even just on the laptop screen my stomach instantly started turning. Wonder if it's related/in common with travel sickness.

Glad I held off on this. There's a bunch of stuff that can be shrugged at but stuff like text not being transposed correctly is pretty damning and indicative of a complete lack of QA or QC. I mean it's not something created by the player or generated randomly, it's right f*cking there. For a full price game they can **** off. And I was so, so looking forward to this and was fine with letting some character models and stuff slide but people have done far better work in their spare time.

EDIT: Also the music stuff. The list was released a few days ago and people on here and elsewhere noticed that music apparently missing was in the trailer. Real mess.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement