Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Patsy167

You've got to admire what Peter Queally has achieved in his career all the same. Here's a guy with who has worked like a dog all his career with limited skill set and has grafted his way to a shot at the title. While he may have had some good fortune along the way with connections to Mcgregor, he should be held up as an example of how far good old fashioned hard work can take you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Not really. Who's he beat? Only decent win is against pitbull and that wasn't really a win.

He was gifted a title shot (in Bellator) so they'd fill the point depot.

Dude wouldn't have a prayer in the UFC.

That said I like the guy and he seems the decent sort but he's below average as an MMA fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Below average ?, he's miles off elite level, but he's certainly not below average.

The majority of pro MMA fighters don't even make it close to the level of being on televised Bellator shows.

They toil away with mixed results on local shows. Queally is in the top 5% of pro Lightweights in the World, it's just unfortunate for him that the guys between the top 1% or 2% in World are dramatically better the next level down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

He is in my hole in the top 5% of professional MMA lightweights.

He'd be lucky to be top 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

He’s probably in the top 100 in the world. He’s Probably between 70-100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Are you aware how many MMA promotions and fighters there are or in your head are 30% of professional fighters in the UFC ?

All of Queally's wins have come against fighters with winning records.

Most of the recent ones built their own records by also beating guys with winning records. The question then becomes how the hell is Queally beating these guys ?, because if there's that many poor fighters out there for him to beat, who themselves are winning the vast majority of the time, against guys who themselves are winning the majority of the time, how the hell could he only be ranked in the top 50% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Gallagher gassed himself out with the gullotine attempt, his arms were gone and he wanted out in true McGregor style. When the going gets touch they crumble same cant be said for queally and lobov, the rest are tap machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

UFC fighter and MMA fighter are two very different things.

I think you're vastly underestimating the extent of professional MMA.

Pretty much, but closer to 100 than 70

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The vast majority Irish MMA fighter all seem to have the same skill set & style ,

They all have poor striking & what they think is good wrestling & bjj but is just pressure,

Once they get to any kind of a decent level they look out of there depth & look like they have got there by being fit & tough ,

At least Queally seems like a decent bloke & is himself , & not a staunch C*nt like the rest of boyyyys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cyborg knocked out Sinead Kavanagh in a quick obliteration

Absolutely destroyed her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Another big loss for Coach Kavanagh, although to be fair on this one nobody really expected a win. But with a “win or learn” mentality you can never really lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭robwen

He must be learning a hell of a lot these days

It was a fairly big mismatch to begin with. I don’t think there’s any shame in losing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Who is Cyborg even supposed to fight next?

Cat Zingano I suppose.

I wonder if Cyborg will come back to the UFC and rematch with Nunes if the money is right. That was terrifying obilteration, I didn't think it was remotely possible for someone to do that to Cyborg.

Unless someone lands a fluke KO I can't see anyone beating Cyborg in that Bellator division with that shallow of a talent pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sinead should never have been in there.

I dont think Cyborg really cares who she fights next , a handy number for here there in Bellator, champion, collect pay check, low damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’d like to see Cyborg take on Nunes again. Pity it not gonna happen unless she go back to ufc, but their first fight was over before it even began after she got rocked. She will probably retire soon while Nunes keeps going for few more years. Dunno who will challenge Nunes, unless this Kayla Harrison that Ali keeps championing gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I lost my bet, knocked out in first minute. Well done Sinead ya made it another 30 seconds. Bellator is a farce

Zero chances she fights Nunes again. She was happy for years whacking the head off part timers. As soon as he faced an elite female she fled the UFC.

Seems content to go back to beating part time fighters and celebrating her glory.

• Advertisement

Mad Cyborg is Nunes second quickest UFC win, She made i look so easy,

Cat beat Nunes but is nearly 40 now so id expect Cyborg to beat her ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cyborg beats anyone that doesn't hit like a brick.

It shows the quality of competition is poor really. She just walks through them and overpowers them in brawls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bellator event announced for February.

Giving us another title fight with arguably their best fighter, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Paige Vanzant should be in attendance. That would be worth the ticket price alone.

Seriously though I'm a big Mousasi fan, saw him beat Hall and Vitor in Belfast and Manchester in 2016. Best MW outside the UFC.

Don't get the Paige love , plenty of girl's you see out and about in Dublin that are far prettier, & she's neve been a great fighter,

Mousasi is great but should be a good fight,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Whenever I think Paige the only thing I think about was that gnarly switch kick KO on Bec Rawlings. That was fantastic.

Otherwise....average fighter and I think there's any amount of better looking women in WMMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anyone else heading to Bellator tonight?

Think Vanderford and McCourt might both pull off the upsets.

Looking forward to the Brian Moore fight and seeing Zabit’s younger brother as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Going up myself shortly from Wexford. Looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing Pikeman fight and also Lee Hammond too. Should be a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thank god they've dropped that bum Gallagher from these shows.

Advertisement