Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I packed the Adidas Diawara , I don’t understand this promo. Are these cards worth keeping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is it just me or is that Hummels card practically a waste of money, 50acc and 69 sprint speed, with 67 stamina, even if he can run, he'll be to tired to, i'd sooner spend 10-15k extra on RTTK Tapsoba, already great defensive attributes with pace along with an incoming upgrade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Qualified 5-1, started at 4-1 in the first game guy quit at 0-0 midway through the first half. Second game I was 4-1 down and his connection dropped. Was given the win in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

33 packs to start opening now.

EDIT

Well that was much worse that I expected. 33 packs and my best picks?

Handanovic

Szczesny

Chellini

Only 1 special card, TOTW Stuani.

How bad is that?

Post edited by Josey Wales on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

This promo is fairly crap tbh. Players like Hummels and Rice could do with Pace upgrades but they get passing and cards like Jota have to wait until near TOTS to get a plus 8 to his sprint stat which won't even be noticeable.

Got a good bit of fodder from rivals and the season 1 rewards so I went ahead and finished Salah. Cost me about 350k in coins and only pull of note from the packs was the new Hummels who I instantly sold for 30k which isn't bad considering he's completely unusable.

Trying to figure out how to fit him into my 4222 team now which is proving hard with chemistry. Will have to decide on whether to drop the serie a or the la liga side of my team in favour of premier league to fit him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Spent the last of my coins on Messi after much deliberation (and seeing how awful the latest promo was), so I'm running the above for this weekend in-game. Everyone on 10 chem except Messi on 7.

My only concern is that he may not be involved enough at RF and would be much more effective as a CAM or ST, but RTTK Politano has done very well for me in that position up to now and has a very decent goal contribution record, so I'm hopeful.

I might look at trying a two striker formation with Messi and Di Natale as the two ST's during the week also if I feel he's wasted as an RF.

One thing I've really enjoyed about this FIFA is how accessible the top tier players are with the way the market is. In years gone by I couldn't have dreamed of using Di Natale or Messi without hitting the pack luck jackpot, especially not in early November anyway!

Our teams are almost identical, or they were until I changed it up today.

I actually dropped Politano and switched Dybala to CF and put him at RF, only 7 chem for him but I feel he's been way more useful for me there. Put Barella (base) in in CM where you have Dybala.

Have about 520k in coins now, just 250k to go until Di Natale.

I think I might have the wrong chems on players though. I have anchor on Tonali, Maestro on Vidal, Hunter on Insigne and Sentinel on Hernandez. Would you recommend changing these? I have to admit I just kinda picked randomly. I have finisher on Dybala at RF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Caved and bought my team… 2.3m spent, 1.8m remaining. Had time to play 3 games and won all 3. Ginola scored 8 goals total… took me to the 3rd game to score a goal that wasn’t with Ginola. Fantastic card, does absolutely everything. Phenomenal in the air too.

FUTbin is great for showing you what stats will change with different chem types on them, they’ll also show you the most popular ones being used for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

As Mr moon said look at futbin but you probably want shadow on tonali and same on vidal and anchor on Hernandez. Dybala hunter or maestro .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Got sick of my old French National/Prem league hybrid and went for an all premier league team. Wan Bissaka at CB is very good. Currently running:

Anywhere I could upgrade? Ronaldo and KDB untradeable

Yeah definitely.

As the lads have said, if you go onto FUTBin via a website, click on a player and scroll down, you'll see a bar graph where people have voted for the best chemistry styles to use on said player. It doesn't seem to work properly on the app as "basic" always seems to be the most voted for, but it's perfect on the website.

Cyrus is correct with his suggestions - shadows for Vidal and Tonali, anchor on Theo and depending on what you want from Dybala, a maestro or hunter.

FUTBin is great because you can select each chemistry style and it will show you how it impacts on each stat, so you can have a play around with it and see what suits your style best 🙂

Am I right in thinking there's no way to get Dybala to be a RF?

Unfortunately not in a starting lineup.

CF can change to ST - CF - CAM - CM - CDM, but no wide positions.

Think I'll have to switch him back to CM then, he's stuck on 7 chem in RF and no way to get it higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Best goal I've scored so far, fittingly with Keane:

8-8 in WL.

The usual waste of time - two discards the best options in the reds, trolled by Everton in the TOTW pack, and an 84 the best of the Jumbo Rare Players Pack.

I sold Messi after 6 games. RTTK Politano suits my play style a lot more and there's no point having 500k tied up in a player who is not going to drastically improve me.

I think I'll just keep saving for a big icon now.

Sort of struggling with my team now, cant really improve it, Neuer in goal, RTTK Mukiele, Hero Kohler, RTTK Tapsoba, Davies, Goretzka, Kimmich, Gnabry, POTM Wirtz, Rulebreaker Diaby, and Lewandowski.

Hopefully some bundesliga sbc's and objectives appear soon

I don’t know if it’s the latest update but I’m struggling to control games lately like I would normally. I may have to look for a new formation.

Yeah, same here.

The 4-3-2-1 I have been running for the last month or so seems well off the pace.

Doesn't seem to have the usual attacking threat despite all instructions and tactics having remained the same.

That said I did go 8-8 in WL and have my 7 Rivals wins done and dusted already, but it was much more of a slog than I'm used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

12-7 in WL, first week without a single gifted win sadly.

3 red picks

Goretzka 88, Clauss 84, darder 82

TOTW pack

Acuna 86, normann 81, koike 76

Jumbo Rare pack

Bonucci 85

Mega pack

No player over 78 rated

Overall it was a much tougher week than most. There was no handy matches and far too many penalty shoot outs for my liking.

Getting goretzka makes it worthwhile though, even if I can't fit him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

You could get RTTK Sane in for Gnabry and Rulebreakers Haaland in for Lewandowski. If you have a spare 800k that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Had the maddest rivals game… ended 10-5. Ginola 4 goals, Vini and Fekir 3 each. Honestly was so much fun.

Dont think in all my years playing fifa, i have ever had 800k, let alone a spare 800k, wouldnt change Lewandowski for anybody, he is right up there with eredivisie sbc Malen and Van Bergen last year as my favourite players to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I got a Declan Rice adidas card, is it worth holding onto?

Thought I was Elite 1 in Squad Battles but must have dropped into 2. Got Sancho in one pack and Mahrez in another. Sancho seems really good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Had a fair whack of packs saved from last week including Div 1 rivals rewards & milestones. Opened the lot last night, that promo Declan Rice & Sergio Busquets were the top picks……….

I don’t get a huge number of walkouts so it’s not all that surprising, but the pack weights in general felt like they had been nerfed i.e. jumbo packs giving 78 as the top player, mixed packs giving rare bronzes only whereas until now 81-83 players had been largely the norm. Definitely feels with the new season changes they’re making a definite effort to correct the market. Real shame because despite the flaws of the qualifying system, regular players could actually afford all but the very top tier players in November for once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s always hard to answer when people say “should I hold onto X player”.

does he improve your team? Then use him.

not going to use him? Sell him.

Very few cards will ever raise in value beyond a few K, or without waiting for months. Unless you really want to start looking into playing the market, it’s probably better to get the coins back now and put them into a card you will use.

I think Kessie fits better in my team anyway, it’s just Im not really sure how the adidas card works tbh usually if it was just a normal card I’d just sell but I’m not 100% on these cards.

From what I can gather, it seems that a single stat on these cards will eventually hit 99. The stat will depend on what type of Adidas boots the player in question wears.

I think for Rice it means his PAS will be 99 in about 6 months!

• Advertisement

Advertisement