Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 round 19: Brazil GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hamiltons car is so fast. All the other cars look like sitting ducks on the straight.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Great response.

You make an absurd claim, get called out, and instead of admitting you misspoke you just laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well maybe they do. I may have issues with Lewis Hamilton outside of F1 but you don’t win seven world championships without being a bloody good driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭thefa

My initial reaction was that it was an amazing overtake on Norris but I think I was influenced by the commentary after watching it back. Very well timed diving out of the slipstream but Norris left plenty room. Definitely no Schumacher threading the needle on Raikonnen without DRS.

Obviously the fresh engine helped with the overtakes and the straight line speed is the best but I thought Hamilton really showed his class there coming through the field. Have seen other drivers in top cars like Bottas and Perez get stuck in DRS trains for long parts of a race whereas he made light work of it. Also overtook LeClerc going into turn 4 where not many cars in the top half of the grid were being taken.

Great damage limitation by Mercedes. Bottas on softs was key.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mercedes are so salty even though they broke a rule that none else managed to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The sprint race was a real gift for Lewis there, any other weekend and he's starting from the back tomorrow #blessed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

OK, and.... Let's face it Red Bull haven't exactly been holier then holy themselves through the years. Super drive from Lewis, Carlos and birthday boy Lando.

What's the situation regarding starting tyres?

So after seeing a car pass other cars easily without DRS and also scream past DRS trains, saying the merc is the most powerf machine on the grid by a large margin is an absurd claim? Lol

You didn't call anyone out on anything you just made a stupid remark, without any contradicting evidence.

We have all seen you in action when it comes to "defending" merc and Hamilton. Its pointless because you refuse to accept any facts put to you. So, no point in my wasting my time with you past this point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Norris spot on there - it was an easy pass for Lewis with the speed advantage he has this weekend. Nonetheless he did well to stay out of trouble in the early laps.

Hopefully Max can stay ahead of him tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Where did I infer that Max was doing that? Let us also not forget that Merc have the trick on the rear of the car that stalls the diffuser as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Toto whinging about Mercedes being caught breaking a rule is so typical of him.

Mercedes really think rules shouldn't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think either way he'd end up on a podium, that Merc is rapid and Hamilton going that aggressive is something else. The man is phenomenal when he really goes for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

No contradicting evidence? There is 2 points between them in the Constructors Championship. That's all the evidence I need to know that your claim is absolute nonsense.

Are you going to accept that 'fact' put to you?

It's more of the nonsense that when Max performs exceptionally it's his talent, but if Hamilton does it it's the car. Are you incapable of accepting that it's a combination of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Toto can't count 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Toto is a bitter man. Very strange behavior when the technical infringement was all their own fault and nobody else's.

So, once again, taking what you want out of a comment.

I said the car is the most powerful on the grid because it has just clearly **** all over the rest on the part of the track that is simply based on power and max speed and you take it to the constructors Championship which is based on the performance of two drivers over a series of races.

Never mentioned Max.

It really really really is pointless with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Wonder how that "no blame culture" is going to work out when the dust settles this time. It's all well and good to say it, but they've never been in a situation where an internal error like this has potentially cost them a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yeah, it's about 1/3rd of a race, so they should offer something like 7,5,3,2,1 and 1 for fastest lap if they want to continue this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭waynescales1

With such a big speed advantage and such a long straight into turn 1, I think most of the drivers on the grid would have made most, if not all of the passes Hamilton made.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, they didn't. Mercedes-Benz messed up his DRS yesterday, he was sent to the back and he charged up to 5th. If they threw him out of the weekend and sent him home it would have been a dangerous precedent for any other driver who would, and this will happen again to another driver, who had their cargo turn up late and had to get built in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Brilliant drive from Lewis there and a fantastic race ahead tomorrow.

Lewis knows he is fighting for his life in terms of the Championship and is certainly leaving it all out there on the track!

That said, as good as he was this evening, Max ultimately has added another 2 points to his Championship lead.

Hilarious listening to Toto on the radio as if he's been wronged unsuspectingly 😅😂

Siege mentality may be Mercedes best chance to keep the title fight alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

That was good to watch , Saniz had an excellent race . I liked the sublte difference in Hamiltons over takes. He tucked in early behind Riccardo cause he seemed to be able match him down the straight and so for his move he was along side before the finish line and drs to finish him off. He pressed vettel in all the corners which had vettel out from Ocon DRs and that made that easier.

I know he has the engine power , but so did Perez over Sainz but good defence can make up for the pace advantage .

Norris was good too, nice move on leclerce .

Just out of interest, what finishing position would be considered average for Hamilton? He made a position more than I expected him to. It was a good drive, bit above average for him but I didn't think it was all that spectacular by his standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I really enjoyed that. It is hard to tell whether the Mercedes in race trim is much faster than the Redbulls (if at all). Great start from Bottas. Hats off to him, but I wonder if he passed Max becasue he was on softs or because Max messed up? Maybe both.

I have to admit I did not think Hamilton would be able to get past the Mclarens, that was impressive. Due to his significant staright line speed advantage the other passes did not impress me so much.

I hope Max can keep Hamilton behind him, this should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hope Hamilton pulls off a win today.

Don't care whether him or Max wins the championship, just want it to go down to the wire.

It's been a good year for F1 entertainment wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

For me, Hamiltons class really shines through when he has to cut through the field after a set back and that's what he showed again today. And he has to do more of it again this evening so I'm looking forward to that.

Max will need to get ahead of bottas at turn 1 off the start, he can't afford to get stuck behind him again as Lewis will be behind him in no time if so.

Advertisement