Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭D n G

We're selling in Lucan and there's quite a bit of interest. Someone called to the house after the ad went life on Daft at the weekend offering above the asking price. We've viewings organised for this Saturday from early morning. I wouldn't take your house off just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

What i meant was that there is not as much movement. There is some. If your house is already on the market, might as well leave it on the market though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank3.5

Thanks for all comments. House is already on the market in Knocklyon and we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Starting to lose heart at this point that we'll ever get a house. Bidding is absolutely insane on properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Keep going happened me but got there eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How many places have you viewed? We moved into our new home a few weeks ago and it took 57 viewings over the course of six months to get there - it's awful every time you get knocked back but you'll get there if you persist. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Not sure. Been looking for two years now pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trice88

Hi everyone, sorry to jump in on this post but it's right where we're at at the minute. So basically we've AIP but obviously have to sell our own house too in order to buy a new one (chain).

We found a house we really liked and put an offer down. Offer was the highest but estate agent got back and basically said because we haven't sold our own house that our offer won't be taken seriously and the other buyer is ready to go. We are not in a position to move in with family and don't want to waste money renting so how do we go about trying to sell and buy at the same time. We've requested deeds from the bank but really feeling deflated tonight as estate agent we had lined up to sell our house advised us to get an offer accepted and then put our house on the market. This obviously isn't the right way to go about it as I've seen on other searches that the house should be put on the market first. My concern is that if we went sale agreed in short space of time and still haven't found another house where do we stand? Would love to hear feedback/advice from anyone. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Is anyone else having issues with getting Loan Offer Pack from PTSB?

It took 5 weeks for us to receive our pack and they had a mistake in the property address throughout the documents. We informed them of the error straight away and 5 weeks later we're still hounding them for the amended Loan offer pack to be sent out. They keep telling us it has been printed but nothing is arriving in the post for us or the solicitor.

This is holding up signing of contracts...

Is anyone else experiencing same delays with PTSB and Loan Offer Pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ilongga

It is a sellers market out there at the moment. So if you go sale agreed on your house, be transparent to the buyer that you are also looking for a house to buy and see if they are willing to wait. More likely they will because once they agreed the price with you, then the price is sealed for them and they don’t have to worry about rising prices (for a while). In the meantime keep bidding on every property that you like until you strike the right one…. In our case we aggressively bid on the property we like and won the bidding. We are probably overpaying for it but we need to manage the spread between the price of the house we are selling and the price of the house we are buying. The longer we don’t have a house to buy, the higher the spread gets due to rising prices.

• Advertisement

in short, yes. PTSB, operationally, are a trainwreck.

They made the same mistake in my pack. A one line rural address, that is just the name of the townland - and they spelt it wrong. Had to wait a month for it to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Hooked

Week 2 of living with the mammy and daddy... which has been great!!! My parents took my wife and I plus 2 BIG dogs in without so much as a seconds hesitation. Being fed like kings! LOL. I was busy replacing faulty appliances, light bulbs, cleaning, etc... to show our gratitude this past weekend. Plus a few bob their way of course!!!

Sale closed (on our previous home) Friday 29th OCT. (We put a big chunk of that sale towards the new gaff, hence the "gap"). Got the green light from bank yesterday re: legals... so just the house and life insurance to activate now... and pushing to be closing this coming Friday. Though it'll be tight...

Started looking in January. Outbid on a few places... sale agreed back in July. Listed ours immediately. It sold fast... but the last FOUR months have been a roller-coaster... Just knowing there's an end in sight after almost a YEAR - is relieving.

If it pushes on into next week, so be it!

My folks will be first on the Christmas dinner invite list!!! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Hi Pete. We're in the same situation (in the same region). Just keeps dragging on and on wrt the HomeBond certification.

It's incredibly frustrating and costly for us. What are you being told by the developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Hontou

I have changed from PTSB to another bank as they are so slow. When my solicitor heard we had AIP with PTSB, she recommended we still apply to another bank to avoid delays.

god knows how bad it’ll get when they are digesting Ulster Bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bluejohn1

Had a bit of a nightmare today. Meant to get the keys tomorrow but looking unlikely. Last minute document missing.

Really bit of a **** show from everyone involved. Broker listed off what was needed the previous week and got it all in. Had a call with him and all seemed good. Sent for review then. At same time solicitor had got in touch with the bank and also listed what was outstanding and it reflected what the broker said pretty much, minus some internal stuff for the broker. Also sent the remaining funds this morning to the solicitor.

Around half two get a message from the broker, the deed of assignment had not be submitted. So mad panic drive to the solicitors to get it signed at 5 this evening, but sure it’s going to be posted in morning now probably. Dunno how long that and the review will take and whether any other issues crop up either. Broker blaming me and solicitor, solicitor blaming broker. Bit of a slobberknocker.

The bloody notice of assignment and deed of assignment look pretty much the same. Anyway hopefully resolved before the weekend. Have the bb and everything going there from Thursday onwards.

Post edited by Bluejohn1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Basically told all of the work at site level is done and BER certs have been provided, but that the delays are with the solicitors… seemingly the developers solicitor is still awaiting these docs to issue the completion pack…

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

They keep telling us it's been printed and is in the post but nothing is turning up. This has been going on for weeks. We're at the end of our tether now and there's nothing we can do about it and it's all because the mortgage adviser making a balls of the address and putting wrong word in the house name (the house is also rural BTW). Valuation included in pack had correct address

So close to the end of this now. Only one more thing has to be done and one I’ve no control over or it would be done today.

It’s an apartment and the bank have to be named as an interest in the policy documents.

So my solicitor has to contact the sellers solicitor who has to contact the management company who have to contact the insurance company to make this happen and get it back to the bank.

Was requested on Monday. Anyone any idea how long I’m looking at here ( from experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

we had to have that done on an apartment too, doesn't take very long at all. Just make sure the wording is correct and the bank's proper full name is noted as we'd a bit of back and forth before that was right in our case.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I got the exact wording from the bank and passed it on so fingers crossed be all okay.

Any idea how long after drawdown you get the keys.

I’ve to give 4 weeks notice in my current place and wouldn’t mind doing this ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Once the mortgage is drawn down, it should only be a matter of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

We're almost at the finish line. We are first time buyers and the vendors of our new home are in a chain. they are purchasing a brand new build. After a lot of delays the end is nearly in sight. There just seems to be one last issue. As our vendors are buying a new build the developer is waiting for Revenue to issue a property identification number. Apparently their sale cannot close until this number has been issued. Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes to get this number?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

Got the keys today nearly a year after going sale agreed on a new build. Lots of delays for various reasons but once drawdown agreed during week, that was it. Very speedy resolution. Still have to organise wooden floors, furniture and electrics but such a relief. It's really wonderful to be over the finishing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Put a deposit down for floors for my new build. Expecting to close in first/second week of December. For a new build, does anyone know if I should be able to expect to be have the floors fitted before closing so that the house will have floors for when I have the keys? When does this usually happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Depends on the foreman and site clerk I would say - I’ve heard of some asking you to sign a waiver to say they’re not liable for snags created etc. you may aswell ask - you have nothing to lose!

having said that - you’re at risk of having to foot the bill to revert the house to the showhouse condition if you didn’t drawdown for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

Had my offer accepted on Friday for a place I love after about 10 months searching and a few bidding wars. Shorter than some have experienced and longer than others I know. Renting for 4+ years at this stage so I think I need to give 84 days notice. As I've just gone sale agreed this feels very early to tell the landlord with no surveys done etc. They will probably be only delighted to get the house back on the rental market once I do give notice as they will most likely increase the rent by a few hundred a month for the next tenant. Do I wait to get contracts?

If I do give notice now do I have to give an exact date?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭raxy

I Would talk to your landlord, tell him you're buying a house but don't have a date yet. I'm sure he'll have no problem finding new tenants so may not hold you to a long notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Thanks for that, probably going to try hook it up for the first week I have the keys, to reduce the risk of damage to the floors during the final fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Gone sale agreed and issue identified with copper cylinder and probably needs to be replaced as soon as.

Would anyone consider this a deal breaker? First time buyer so no idea!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement