Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new build

Options
  • 14-11-2021 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone can advise here? Single and looking for a 2 bed home in Dublin. What I am wondering is, when you register your interest. Is there a certain protocol on how the agent addresses who looks at the homes? Or even given a time frame of when you may expect the email?

I have read few comments with people saying they got a email and with 5 minutes all homes were gone, In work I know I wont be glued to my phone for emails so hoping this is not true for all viewings. I went with a broker advertised with the new build in hopes that might help get me a viewing 1st. (I did compare them to others and did my due diligences) Has anyone had experience with using the broker advertised for the new builds?

Thanks and sorry for long post :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DubLad69

I have no experience with using the recommended broker, but I would advise that you forget about registering online. You need to call and speak to the EA directly, and then you need to call them a few weeks later again to check if there has been an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

Oh really??? Thanks, thought a email would be ok. Good to know. I’ll call Monday for a update

If you know how much the booking deposit might be or have approval in principle from a lender it would be no harm to have those to hand or to mention they are to hand

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

Booking deposit is in a credit union but it’s there, have HTB and while I don’t have letter from the bank they have said yes last week so hopefully get that, this week. Thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

we've had both sides of the coin happen to us.

one estate we looked at we pestered the agents with emails every week or so after registering our interest. We eventually got an email (about 5 months later) announcing the launch of the houses and an invitation to apply for a viewing slot. We replied to the mail within 5 mins and didn't get a slot.

we then registered our interest in a couple of other estates that were not due to launch until the new year, so we put it to the back of our minds. Got a call last week from one of the estate agents asking if we were still interested as there were a couple they were selling off plans.

Every estate agent deals with things differently. i would say that the bigger the agent's firm, the more you will need to pester them

• Advertisement
Advertisement