Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ireland warming up too fast?

• 14-11-2021 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

What’s with these really mild temperatures like come on temperatures in the mid teens through November that’s not normal at all what happens to the truly cold November’s we used to get?!

global warming?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Why did that post get posted twice?

Ridiculous, posted a theory and now gone with edits showing up in two separate posts.

New Moon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm no expert, but I guess it does fit with the pattern of a warming climate, which is a background signature to everything in the global weather pattern. The statistics on large data will tell, but then it depends on which question you ask from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya it is warming up but not fast. Like if you take this November in isolation it looks like it's warming too fast but when you see the weather over a few months there is a less pronounced warming.

How much the temperature has warmed over Europe during the 1991-2020 period from the 1981-2010 period:

Ireland and Portugal the only two countries that have not seen a notable uptick.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Stop will ya. A couple of weeks in November, on their own, tell absolutely zero.

November is an Autumn month, has a historical average of 7C across day and night. Today we're looking at a low of 6 and high of 11. Its utterly unremarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

November has often been mild, today was very mild though.

Certainly milder than a lot of other.

wasp colonies in full flight still which I haven't seen at this time of year. Also my cabbage palm trees are flowering again.

Which is a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

First week of December we will have snow.

In isolation, of course, but the 'weight' of warmth we've experienced in the second half of this year is abnormal.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

Come back in February and see how global warming is going.

Advertisement