Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn Series Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Brainless red card. Game was looking very interesting up to this point. Interesting to see how Fiji react, because Wales are not looking great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

stupid red, shocking officiating from Berry and O’Keefe in dealing with it too.Wales will still probably win but they’ll have fallen into it, again.

pivac lives a charmed life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Unless World Rugby bring in new rules where you can only have 14 players against Wales then I dont see how these consistent Red's help Wales in the long run.

14 was too many, they needed 13 on this occasion.

Definitely helps Fiji as now they have two 7s sides on the field.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous try from Fiji, at this rate Wales will need 2 red cards to win a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Great try and important conversion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Woeful from Wales really

Wales get their wish, Fiji down to 13 now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Ref is riding Fiji a bit, tbh. Wales getting away with offsides that Fiji are being pinged for, and plenty of clearing out from the side by Wales getting ignored too.

• Advertisement

Biggar misses the conversion. 4 point game

sheedy on.

Some kick chase from LS.

Ah FFS, Fiji throw a needless offload from the floor in the Welsh 22. 15 seconds later Rees Zammit touches down for a try. Fiji 10 backed away from the ball too.

ooft tight, does “separation” only apply to the hand/palm? Does arm count?

I think that grounding is iffy af.

Fiji have been down to 14 for 60 mins, 13 for 20 minutes...how much more help do Wales need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

That new law where your opponent gets a goal line drop out if you're "held up" on the try live is absolute bullcrap

Its like the Wales try in Paris, the ref made sure he was in a position to say it was a try without needing evidence thanks to the fact that because of his decision there needs to be evidence of it NOT being a try rather than it being a try.

Clear penalty there from 18 Wales, ignored and then a penalty immediately given against Fiji. Total homer of a performance from Berry.

Which is an absolutely stupid way to do things.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day the LRZ score wasnt a clear grounding so because of that the decision should be "try yes or no", its only when there is a clear grounding that the decision should be "Any reason I cant award a try". Its the sort of thing that tends to go against tier 2 nations, even today in the Georgia France match the Georgian winger who scored the second clearly was in at the corner which had a clear grounding yet the ref said "on field decision is no try" because the Georgian player may have had a foot in touch...now if France were in that exact same position do you think that would be on field no try? Not a chance.

It wasnt like the red and 2 yellows werent enough help for Wales...

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

World rugby say they want to expand the game, yet time and time again the smaller nations get shafted by poor biased refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

fiji dicked by the ref per usual , berry was awful

it was just the classic case of referees assuming that Fiji are cheating because they’re a smaller side and they seem to be getting parity, whereas Wales are “better” so won’t need to cheat.

it really needs addressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Someone needs to explain to me how the ref thought LRZ got any downward pressure on that ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Cause Wales are a more influential/bigger nation than Fiji, so he might get bigger games to referee in the future , if it was Fiji it would have been disallowed.

Fiji can have no complaints about the penalties and cards against them - they were pushing their look with the collisions all game and it was going to happen sooner rather than later. Fiji can probably have some complaints about some of what Wales got away with however.

The Rees-Zammit try wasn't a controlled grounding with downward pressure. I've seen plenty of tries fumbled with more connection and control of the ball not awarded and I was surprised they gave it. There is an argument that the heel of his hand was connected to the ball, but it was the lower front outside of the ball and he physically couldn't have been applying downward pressure at the time.

Either way, it's not the talking point of the game - Wales's defence was really poor, their set piece didn't offer much either. It was a chop and change team so not really surprising, but the score definitely flattered them. Good to see Cuthbert slot one down, was surprised to see him picked and doubt he's in the running for further caps but always nice to see someone out of the frame for a while coming back and bag a try - looked like it meant a lot to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

RZ has some jets! Wales are always finding a way to win, they are very fortunate.

Just glanced at the England teamsheet! Some names that I've never seen before. EJ is certainly ballsy! Never afraid to mix things up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Exactly. Let’s look at their record this year.

Beat Ireland at home after Ireland got a red card early on, but Ireland were still very much in the game right up until the last kick, which was an unforced error by Ireland that could have still led to an Ireland win if it had found touch.

Beat Scotland away by a single point after Scotland had gotten a red card early in the second half.

Beat England well at home but there were a number of very, very favourable officiating calls in that game that all went their way. It was still a 1 score game though with 5 mins left.

Beat Italy well, because who doesn’t these days.

Lost to France in Paris.

Beat Canada well, because who doesn’t these days.

Drew away to Argentina even though Argentina had a red card after 30 mins. Argentina still managed to lead for most of the game.

Well beaten away to Argentina.

Hammered at home by NZ.

Beaten at home by South Africa.

Win at home against a Fijian side who played 20 mins with 13 men and a further 36 mins with 14 men. It still took them 66 mins to go in front and it was a 1 score game until the 73rd minute.

So Wales have won 6 of their 11 games so far this season. Of those 6 wins, 2 were an absolute gimme (Italy and Canada) and 3 involved the opposition getting red cards (2 in the first quarter) yet still being very much in the game right until the end. The other win was the one vs England that had some incredibly dodgy officiating calls.

I’ve never seen a side with luck like it. And yet they were rarely convincing. Other than the Italian and Canadian games, all the games they won were in the balance in the last 10 mins. The strange thing about Wales this season is that arguably their best performance was in Paris, where I thought they actually played really well. But had Ireland and Scotland not given up those red cards it’s conceivable that Wales finish that tournament in 4th or 5th place. Because both Scotland and Ireland nearly won those games even with the man down. The same is true of Fiji at the weekend. Wales can’t ride that luck indefinitely.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

wales are favourites against australia

just goes to show how fcuked the aussies are these days, even though i fancy them to turn the welsh over

I think that could be a fascinating game. Assuming Australia aren’t red carded for something!

• Advertisement

In a way it isnt lucky because all this does is paper over the cracks, that cant go on for ever and when their luck does run out they wont have any time to fix their problems before the RWC.

If Wales are stuck im sure the ref will find a way although even that isnt working as it now seems the opposition needs to go down to 13 now for Wales to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

https://twitter.com/AlexMLowe/status/1461021168010412043?s=20

Oz are gash lately! Very poor. Wales are not great! But, they do win when not expected. We should have beat them, Scotland should have too! The red cards obviously are huge factors. I think they're going to beat Oz. Hope I'm wrong!

Rassie was effectively blackmailing match officials.

• Advertisement

delighted for the cnut person. what he did was nothing short of disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

STFU idiot,told the truth and every fan wish their coach had the balls.u cannot sit on ur high horse and say with a straight face that the reffing during the lions wasn’t biased towards the lions.

butt hurt much LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

he deserves everything he gets.

trying to bully match officials and brought the game into disrepute.

anyone associated with that behaviour should be ashamed, but in the land of "justice for bakkies" i guess shame is a foreign concept

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Forget about wishing for it, I'd be absolutely disgusted if anyone associated with a team I supported carried on the way Erasmus did. It was absolutely shameful and his comments from the disciplinary process show he is deluded about what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Think u are all deluded,even with the 16th man and world rugby u still couldn’t compete.biggest bunch of hypocrites NH.fact is ref was a joke and when getting pulled for it claims to be a victim.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1461040003337924610?s=20

The rants here from the expected individual just make this sweeter. If anyone linked with one of my teams did something like this I’d be equally disgusted. Its as clear a case of bullying as you’ll get. But no doubt many SA fans will circle the wagons and cry foul. Let them.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

First of all well done Ireland on a fine win against NZ.

However if we summarise the lengthy tome above we get:

- 2021 6N champions (unlucky not win another slam too)

The rest is fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

Everything in there up to the last paragraph is pure fact. Well other than my take that the best Welsh performance in the 6Ns was the France game. Obviously that’s opinion. You can’t say Wales were unlucky not to win another GS and not acknowledge all the luck they did have and expect to appear impartial.

Of the 6 Welsh wins this year the only ones that don’t have some form of very impactful luck were the Italy and Canada games. If that were Ireland I wouldn’t be at all happy with where we are at and would be happy to acknowledge the good fortune. But to each their own I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement