Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Gameplay is shocking today. Had a game where Mbappe and Fekir were out muscling Marquinihos and Alaba and winning headers against them. Lost 9-7!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks

Nkunku & Sommer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh, Beckham SBC. United icon means 100% doing it (especially as I have a dupe untradable Sterling to burn).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Play him as a centre mid do you think?

Ive enough untradeable fodder now to make a good dent in this icon sbc before it expires. Worth doing or will another similar one come along before too long?

Edit: base icon sbc I mean. Veering towards leaving it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Any trading tips? Some of you guys seems to have so many coins, I just don't understand how you get there.

I've 700k right now. I don't see how I get to the point of being able to buy some icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Blasted through WL today, just took the approach that if a game looked dodgy to quit and move on. Rank 3 with giving away a couple at the end.

Red Picks: Ben White (81) and Luis Alberto (86)

TOTW Pack: Luis Alberto (of course), Zouma (84) and a discard

Pack: Jack Grealish and the most amount of dupes I've got in a pack this side of Xmas before

Decided to buy RTTK Werner for the craic for it but he just doesn't feel like a 900k+ player. He has the acceleration boost alright and I'm sure part of it is that I'm not using him correctly, having replaced IF Benzema with him who is much bigger, but Dembele as a super sub was still showing him up. Gonna take the tax hit and sell him on pronto in case there's a market crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the base icon today for the young fella. He was disappointed to get Kluivert et but packing Varane from one of the packs put the smile back on his face. Until I sold him 😃

• Administrators Posts: 54,070 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My 4-3-2-1 is really struggling this week. Can’t put my finger on what’s going wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lads can you leave a friendly early after you score for the Bergwijn objective?

• Advertisement

No, you need to finish the game for the objective to register.

That Beckham SBC has been a nice boost for all my English IFs I have. Nine sold tonight over three cycles. They’ve not utterly exploded like they would have done in years past by at about 5k profit each, it’s been a nice money maker.

up to 80 IFs in my trade pile now.

I see Beckham SBC is untradeable. Are these rewards always untradeable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

nah they used to have tradeable rewardw.. and back when they first came to PS, they were unreal rewards.. the likes of 50k/100k packs fr each of the high rated squads and then mega packs etc for the rest of the squads. You’d make a fair bit back off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I might have mentioned it already but Giovanni Simeone is a beast. 27 Rivals matches, 24 goals.

Too many games tonight where I’m dominating possession and shots but can’t score and then my opponent does an over the top through ball and his gold Werner is through on goal…. Lost so many matches because of this. Player switching is still atrocious too…

I’ll be selling up Ginola anyway before Black Friday crash. 18 games, 25 goals and 4 assists. He’s a fantastic card and I’ll 100% buy him back again during the crash.

The cursor change is beyond woeful. I've tried using the ball relative and put back on the next player indicator.

You know its programmed poorly when the next player flashes for 0.0001 of a second and changes to someone you don't want leaving you still searching for the man you want who flashed briefly.

I reckon 20% of the goals i concede are due to not being able to get who i want.

One moment stands out from last night, he played a ball towards my goal and i hit LB and instead of giving me ANY defender it gave me a midfielder the wrong side of the play.

Oooh, two wins off 100 rivals wins with seven first owned players. Which means 2 wins off a rare player pack and a jumbo rare player pack.

I can practically taste the disappointment already 😂 hopefully get enough fodder to finish Beckham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Managed to scrape rank 2 but got nothing of note. A tradeable Sterling was the best pull.

The servers were horrendous last night. Got disconnected during a penalty shoot out and was given the loss. Input delay was there all throughout as well. It's telling me I have 10ping during some games but I could still feel the lag. It's gone so bad you'd nearly want to have some lag tactic set so you can just spam through balls and hope for the best. Trying to build up from the back is just pointless when it's like that.

I'm also sick of playing against Kimpembe. it's near impossible to get past him at times. I got him untradable so might just join the club as everyone else seems to be using him.

Gonna do Fofana this evening rather than the base icon upgrade.

The player switching is behaving exactly as intended lads 😉 Just as certain skill moves cause your player movement to be exaggerated.

• Advertisement

Kimpembe is broken, it is a bit of a joke that an 83 rated CB is probably the best one in the game.

Even if you get around him he's that fast that he'll get up and still track you down for the tackle.

If he ever gets a special card...

Player switching is a mess for me.

When you take control of a player they will stop running for a split second too, really infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I got Kimpembe untrabeable too. I now have him on my bench (bundesliga team) and if the other guy is using him then I sub him on straight away. If you cant beat them, join them!

Yeah and that’s the way I think they want it to behave. There are certain situations where they want the defender to be moved out of the way to allow for scoring opportunities.

EA know fine well that if defending controls were as refined as they could be, then defending would be too easy and the game would be full of 0-0 and 1-0 score lines and players would be bored out of their minds and wouldn’t play. It’s not a realistic football sim so you have to allow for the scripted events, as infuriating as they may be.

Yup, I never remembered it to be as bad as this in previous FIFAs. No idea what they’ve done wrong.. conceded a load of goals because I’m sat spamming the switch button and my opponent is through on goal cos the AI turns into a statue.

Rare player pack - Skriniar, Adidas DiMaria (who wasn’t the walkout?).

jumbo rare player pack - IF Sommer, a dupe Gerard Moreno.

DiMaria can go on the bench easily enough. And getting some decent fodder should mean Beckham will be joining tonight too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Di Maria is a 500k card who’ll have 99 pace next April, that’s an unbelievable get.

EDIT: I see he’s down to 300k now, he’s still a good one to hold onto though.

Yeah, by the time April comes round, we'll be deep into TOTY, where they throw super cards at you, so I wouldn't be holding him that long.

The main issue right now is I'm running a PL squad, and I'm running a squad with no wingers, so he doesn't fit in anywhere. But where he does look very good is as a sub CAM for me.

Starting three CAMs are Bruno, RTTK Silva and Son. Current back up three are Kostic, Bergwijn and Fellaini. So DiMaria will probably swap in for Kostic easily.

Plus, he'll make Icon Swaps a lot easier too.

• Advertisement

I think this Adidas promo is fairly terrible, you're waiting 6 months to eventually have a card that'll have 99 on one single stat. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Maybe it's my newbie-ness but I struggle to see how these cards hold any value over time.

I think if I packed a tradeable one of these, unless they made my team right now I’d just sell.

Advertisement