Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German company, import details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 musashie

Anyone have details for german exporter. Looking at BRX 1 from Triebel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

If it is from Triebel they export directly themselves, no separate exporter.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

TBH the only reason you would use a dealer over there like Waffen Bock,etc.Is you were doing a private person to person sale within Europe,and wanted an official transfer by a 3rd party,or were purchasing an out of proof or not proofed gun from a dealer for export.As no gun without proof or being out of proof can be sold in Germany to the public, but they can be exported to places like Ireland or the US for sale on their own risk use.

Otherwise,a dealer to customer transfer and shipment is the norm.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Richard308

Treibel sent me this. They are requesting my import license. I am looking to purchase from them as private buyer....

WaffenVersand / GunShipping => IE /Ireland Versand/Shipping EU 274431 Waffe bis 10 kg: 1 Paket 1 Stk 92,44 92,44 For export of weapons we need your import-license This license regards to the European Council Directive 91/477/EEC Eventually you will get it at your police station. We also need your telephone no. and your date and place of birth With your import-license we apply for the export-license. This takes at least one week. The German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation will inform your authorities about the export of the gun.

• Advertisement

And to purchase from them as a private buyer you still need an import licence...

You apply and receive your firearms certificate here(from the Guards).

Once you have that you send off to the Dept of Justice to get an import permit for the firearm, they check with the Guards you have a firearms cert for that firearm, and if so grand the import permit.

You send the import permit to Triebel and they get the export permit and ship the firearm.

This is as a private buyer(an individual, not a dealer), but the process is pretty much the same as a firearms dealer has to go through, without the firearms certificate part(since their books allow them to just write in new firearms rather than applying for a cert for each one).

So, in order;

Get a serial number from Triebel(with a deposit on the firearm).

Apply for a firearms cert with the serial number.

Get firearms cert and apply for import permit.

Get import permit and send to Triebel.

Triebel get export permit and ship firearm.

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need an import license to import any firearm into the state, whether that is privately (as in you do it yourself) or via an RFD (which the RFD normally takes care of).

You cannot import a firearm without an import license and more importantly, as you've discovered, the exporter needs it to get an export license on their end.

You can download the individual import license from here. Fill it in, send it back (e-mail), and usually within a week you have the license. Might be a bit longer with covid. You also need the firearm you intend to import to be licensed to you first which means you must have a firearms license for it before you apply for the import license so if that is not done then that is your first step.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks for all the info. Thanks tommy boy also for point list. Import requesting this info.

Additional serial numbers on the essential components of the firearm(s) listed in the application above should be included in the following table.   

Barrel

Frame ?

Receiver ?

Slide ?

Cylinder ?

Bolt

Any advice on these. Also one or two lads at work are saying you might get caught for VAT. But I would have thought no VAT on EU import?

It is a new & complete firearm, it should be a single entry on the firearms import form, not a bunch of separate parts. That tends to be for a firearm which may have had parts replaced, or if you are buying new parts for an existing licenced firearm which may have different serial numbers than the original.

You can ignore that part of the form(the "Additional serial numbers on the essential components of the firearm(s) listed in the application above should be included in the following table.") in that case.

Simply fill out the bit above it with the firearm's details, and that is it.

But you will get the import form rejected if you try and import the firearm without a firearms certificate here already granted.

And no, Triebel is in Germany which is in the EU so there will be no duties, vat, customs, etc charged on import to Ireland.

Thanks oTmmyboy2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

I've had good experience dealing with these guys "waffenankauf-bock.de" . Very reasonable and efficient to deal with I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Another good crowd to deal with. https://waffenverwertung.de/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

(1)

Article 4(1) of Directive 91/477/EEC obliges Member States to ensure that firearms and their essential components, whether part of a firearm or placed separately on the market, have a clear, permanent and unique marking applied to them. Article 4(2) of that Directive defines the information to be included in the marking in order to increase the traceability of firearms and their essential components and to facilitate their free movement. For very small essential components, the information that has to be included in the marking is confined to a serial number or alphanumeric or digital code. Article 4(4) of that Directive requires Member States to maintain a data-filing system and to record in it all information needed in order to trace and identify firearms, including information about the marking applied to a firearm and its essential components and information about any conversions or modifications to a firearm leading to a change in its category or sub-category, such as information about the entity that replaced or modified an essential component.

This is from the EU Firearms Directive, these changes came in after the terror attacks in Europe, that's why you see the parts listed on the form now. I saw a new CZ recently that had the serial number on the receiver and barrel.

Advertisement