Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They have wrongful death legislation no mention of links to aquttials at trial ,open to correction thought

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Just a reminder, not everything needs to be turned into a right wing/left wing propaganda drive.

It's actually possible, if you open your mind a bit, to see things from a less polarized position.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Correlation does not equal causation though.

Honestly though, I've a pain in my face with everything being boiled down to left v right on this site this past few years. As if that's how the real world works. Most of us are somewhere around the middle and see some benefits in liberal and conservative views.

Christ it's exhausting listening to people talking shïtê about this case when there are a lot of fair YouTubers covering it live.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah Rittenhouse's life is ruined for having thousands of devoted fans.

That's my exact point.

Going by what actual facts, given in a court of law, and ignoring opinion pieces you read from any news outlet, the verdict couldn't possibly be anything except not guilty.

The fact that the people Rittenhouse shot happened to be **** is just a Brucie bonus.

You seem oblivious that you are holding others to standards that you don't reach. You demand proof before anything is believed, until it's a belief you agree with, and then a baseless accusation is fair game to be spouted.

You reached "peak Gatling" when you claimed that apart from the rape and sexual assaults, rosenbaum had no history of criminal offences.

Don't go any further.

• Advertisement

Lol ...

You seem oblivious that you are holding others to standards that you don't reach. You demand proof before anything is believed.

Imagine that .

I never claimed he had no history of any criminal convictions...

Not that anyones convictions the night the were shot dead unarmed comes into it,

Rittenhouse wouldn't have known anything about the three he shot

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

It is absolutely the victims fault, if victim is the right word. Maybe the deceased or the injured might be more accurate. All three of them attacked Rittenhouse. Notice how Rittenhouse didn't shoot anybody else, only those who were attacking him.

You really do have blinkers on, don't you.

There's clear evidence that he earlier said he was going to kill Rittenhouse. Someone other than Rittenhouse testified to this in court (apologies, I can't remember his name).

Then a short while later he chased Rittenhouse, threw something at him, kept chasing him, and finally when he was close enough he lunged for the rifle.........all corroborated by video footage and witness testimony.

Is anything I have said above incorrect, apart from my blinkers comment maybe?

Under Wisconsin law, an action which causes another to fear bodily injury can be considered assault. Chasing someone can be considered assault. Throwing something at someone can be considered assault. Trying to grab someone's rifle can be considered assault.

It's very difficult to see how Rittenhouse can be considered the aggressor in any of the shootings. Prior to each encounter he tried to de-escalate the incidents by withdrawing from the situation.

Why was Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse? To give him a cuddle? To tell him what a good job he was doing? He either wanted to attack Rittenhouse or he wanted to be shot (there is video footage etc. of that). Either way, he got his wish. He did attack Rittenhouse and he did get shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

"Rittenhouse wouldn't have known anything about the three he shot"

Correct.

However, if their past indiscretions are anything to go by, then they could be a good indicator of how they likely behaved on the night in question.

A verifiable track record of scumbag behavior, or mentally deranged behavior, could be a good window into how they acted during this particular incident. But we'll never know for sure, because none of us were there.

Where as, some the stuff you are lumping onto Rittenhouse is supposition, at best. And some is just outright lies, based on your heavily biased opinion of him.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

Rosenbaum was also seen with a chain earlier in the evening. (On camera) Rittenhouse wasn't to know he no longer had it.

This photo is from 16 minutes before Rosenbaum was shot.

• Advertisement

Ryan Balch testified in court that Joseph Rosenbaum said, "I catch any of you guys alone tonight, I'm going to **** kill you." Balch testified that Rittenhouse was right beside him when Rosenbaum said that so I'm going to say your above statement about no evidence that a threat was made is false.

Halle.....fcukin........luja. Finally. You admit that Rosenbaum attacked Rittenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think some people that have been watching too many movies they all end with two protagonists who drop all their weapons to beat each other to death, and come out of it with only black eye and cut lip.

You get isolated or down in riot or mob, there a high risk of being beaten to death.

I was busy at the weekend. Only catching up on the thread this morning.

But my point stands........at least you are now accepting that Rosenbaum attacked Rittenhouse. That's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

That's why the average punter doesn't travel across state lines to put themselves in the middle of it while carrying a rifle and masquerading as a medic. If he was walking down to the shops I might buy into his defence.

Victims on trial still 

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HazeNee

Where to even start with this whole thing? A nation polarised by manufactured tensions, armed to the teeth with a media only interested in fueling the fire for profit and a kid with a gun shooting rioters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He didnt cross state lines while carrying a rifle, I know that, you know that but you're still pretending you don't. It doesnt make a blind bit of a difference if he crossed a state line, a county line or a township line while riding a unicycle once he wasnt carrying that rifle

It's very odd to persist with that crack I must say.

Last I read he was carrying a firearm illegally. Now it seems he took the gun from a friends house in Wisconsin.

How about:

That's why the average punter doesn't travel across state lines to put themselves in the middle of it while carrying a rifle he got in Wisconsin, and masquerading as a medic. If he was walking down to the shops I might buy into his defence.

The middle of "it". What is "it"?

Is "it" a bunch of rioters intent on burning down buildings, acting violently towards anyone stopping them, illegally carrying weapons, looting etc?

And you think we should have less people trying to prevent them doing it?

I agree the average punter doesn't put themselves in harm's way, but I am thankful to those who are willing to.

Or do you believe that this was one of the "mostly peaceful" riots we hear so much about? Dyou think if Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't there "stoking tension" it would have been a darkness into light style vigil for the victim Jacob Blake who was brutally shot while doing nothing wrong?

• Advertisement

I don't support armed vigilante street justice. IMO he went there for the craic.

Cool. Do you support the right of people to defend a town from illegal rioting and looting?

It's my opinion he didn't go for the craic. I'm basing my opinion on the evidence given in the trial. What are you basing yours on?

It's that what law enforcement are for ,

Being they were there in large numbers and MRAP armoured vehicles ,

They didn't need amateurs running around the place playing soldiers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Some estimates put the costs of the riots, as high as 50 million.

Sounds like someone needed help. Perhaps not from armed citizens, but someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Some people are going to be running out of arguments, legal arguments at least.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Wonder if the state of Illinois will persue weapons charges when this is done

How will they be able to pursue further weapons charges against Rittenhouse given double jeopardy n'all that?

They are pursuing further charges against the person who bought the gun on behalf of Rittenhouse (or at least supplied it to Rittenhouse).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Insurable damage by the "mostly peaceful" BLM thugs ran to over 2bn.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

It’s been dismissed because it was legal for him to possess it.

So no, they won’t.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Advertisement

Lol. Ok.

If people were setting your family's neighbourhood ablaze and although the police were present, they were unable to stop it, would you just say "hey, not my job" and sit back and let it burn?

You're a good man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement