Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

"Three days before our wedding, we got married," Markle told Winfrey. "No one knows that, but we called the archbishop and we just said, 'This thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us.'"

I don't understand the mental gymnastics you are engaging in. She presented this as a big scoop - "No one knows that". It might be that the rehearsal meant more to them. But you would have to be pretty thick to confuse a rehearsal with the actual legal union. You certainly wouldn't be presenting this as a hot juicy gossip "No one knows that" FFS.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Knauf is testifying with the permission of the Queen. He is still currently working for the Cambridges after all. He seems like a very clever strategic person so I highly doubt he's buggering up his CV and references in his last month of employment in such a prestigious role by going rogue. He'd never work in that field again if that was the case. It couldn't be clearer that this is coming from the Queen, Charles and William and that it's in direct response to the trouble H&M have caused the RF.

Oh and the fact it takes the spotlight totally off Andrew and the millions that the Queen will likely spend on lawyers for her favourite son is also fortuitious and possibly not entirely unrelated to the Knauff testimony at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

in fairness if harry and meghan had a small private cerimony they would have absolutely been vilified by the likes of the sun, daily mail and probably the daily brexpress as well along with a very vocal minority of the british and irish public.

most people have moved on from harry and meghan in the uk by now from what i can see and most people in ireland don't care either way.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I read that after 12 months of trying unsuccessfully to persuade Knauf to give evidence, a 'confidential' source let it be known in July that he was prepared to spill. July being the same month that news of Harry's tell all autobiography made headlines. I'd say that was absolutely the last straw for the Royals.

I would say that never in a million years did Harry and Megan think the rest of the family would give the nod to the staff to divulge personal details to such a degree. It might make Harry think twice about what goes into the book as I'd say no matter what muck he throws, the rest of the family have the means of throwing it back with interest.

Despite all their wealth, on a human level you'd have to have sympathy for any family having such a nasty piece of work marry into them. How I'd love to know what their Christmas with the Cambridges was like, I know it was before they were married but I gather there was tension even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The queen is in poor health and details are very vague, at her age it could very well be serious. If it is, it will be interesting to see how H & M behave at the funeral, they could be delegated to the background now that they're minor royals.

When they decided to throw their toys out of the pram they don't seem to have considered the possibility of the firm closing ranks. They will never have the power to beat an institution and I doubt they have enough material to keep Netflix and Apple happy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Couldn't imagine Meghan would be invited. Harry by the skin of his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

THe ultimate snub! 😂 Not sure if that would happen from a PR point of view, but I'd imagine the men will all be in military uniform leaving Harry sticking out like a sore thumb.

Probably a flying visit like the one for Prince Philip's funeral.

Love this

”Prince Harry issues fake news action plan: Duke of Sussex releases report from left-wing US think tank designed to tackle 'avalanche of misinformation'“

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

When the Queen does die, the whole UK will go into spasms. I'd anticipate a week of mourning at the least. Then, you'll have the coronation of Charles, and all the bombast around that. It won't be something over a few days, but maybe a month before it all settles. A flying visit just won't cut it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I wonder if Harry will fly back for a visit before the inevitible happens? I could see a solo trip happening but highly doubt it will be the entire family going, or even just him and the kids probably wouldn't be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well there is a plan in place to cover multiple scenarios depending on where the queen dies(including one overseas which is less likely now) and the plan which we saw some of when Prince Phillip died but this will be on a much larger scale. Well Charles won’t have a coronation until months after his mother dies. While other kings and queens dying around Europe would make news in some parts of the world, when queen Elizabeth dies, whether you think monarchy is the best think since instant whip, or a confusing outdated institution(what I believe) it will be worldwide news. If Meghan is absent it will be noticed and also there would be talk about who’s doing what and where.

Telegraph and Mail readers will know that the Queen went to Sandringham for a few days about a week ago. One comment I read reckoned it was to say goodbye. They all looked so upset yesterday.

Meghan won’t be at the funeral. Prince Harry will line up with his Father and Brother behind the Queen’s coffin. Meghan couldn’t be beside him. Once they passed by, the crowds would boo her.

She’ll be told to stay away.

Oh right. Was this at that event honouring the armed forces last week or at Sandringham. i was just reading the plan for her death(operation London Bridge) and Christ it’s planned out to a tee. And Canada seems to have a very detailed plan which I find interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not sure if true or not but one of the blind item sites is saying that they pissed off veterans at the recent event with the cameras and even asking people to repeat or change things they said so they could film it.

As far as I know the coronation wouldn't happen for months after the funeral.

Quick google. It was about a year and a half before Elizabeth was crowned after her father died

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Those texts with Knauf were sent in August 2018 while Meghan was in Toronto privately visiting Jessica Mulroney (not her stylist) in Toronto. So much for the "they took my keys, my passport and I couldn't go anywhere" victim playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

“Despite all their wealth, on a human level you'd have to have sympathy for any family having such a nasty piece of work marry into them.”

Ah here! This family is shielding an alleged sex offender right now.

Sympathy?? Lol

The family aren’t the queen is. Prince Andrew is very lucky his mother is still alive because if she wasn’t I don’t see anywhere near the support from his brother and nephew over the serious allegations he’s facing.

And I’m not sure why the Prince Andrew issue negates the Harry and Meghan issue. They are separate pains in the hole. And yes on a human level you’d have to have sympathy for them given two members of their family are bad mouthing them on worldwide TV on stuff that can be easily proven to be false and vague allegations of racism with contradictions on even the basic points of the allegation. I’ve seen less goalpost moving with Harry and Meghan then you’d see at an U-12 hurling blitz.

on the racism allegation which is the one I find most unpleasant due to their unwillingness or inability to say who the person was, or to even get basic points lined up, they had to clarify how it wasn’t but not who it was. Then we had your man Omid Scobie say that the racism went on after the time it was supposedly said it happened in the Oprah interview, which begs the question, why wasn’t that said during the interview ?

If the Queen dies I wonder will Meghan pull her usual stunt of releasing some photos or PR initiative to steal the limelight. Nobody outshines Meghan, not even the Queen on her deathbed.

(this is just a joke obviously).

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Royal funerals were always meticulously planned and rehearsed - Diana's funeral was actually the one planned by the Queen Mother for herself and rehearsed for years and put into action when they realised that there would be uproar from the public if they didn't give her a royal send off that she technically wasn't entitled to at all.

It's amusing to think of how Diana managed to gazzump it from her despite the tragedy of her untimely demise after all the practising. Particularly since all of them but especially the Queen Mother were all seriously pissed off with Diana at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭madeiracake

I am sure Meghan or one of the children will have a health crisis that means a doctor says they can't travel. And the royals are meanies for "insert ridiculous reason here". Meghan will release statement saying how devastated they are but her spirit will live on in lillibet. And they forgive her toxic genetic pain because they Meghan and harry are just such caring people.

The next big one will be Prince Charles’ coronation. But that will probably be at least a year after the Queen’s death. Lots can happen in that timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Let’s all join hands and pray he doesn’t fall off one of Camilla’s ponies at breakneck speed…

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Stanley 1

You discredit the poor man, surely you mean he does not fall off Camilla at whatever speed they enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Well, I’ll give him that, he doth appreciate older styles of architecture.

• Advertisement

So big question will be, will Andrew be allowed to wear an admirals uniform? That’s one of the reasons why all the princey blokes didn’t get to play dress up and wear military uniforms for the Dukes funeral - Harry wasn’t allowed because he was stripped of his honourary military titles and Andrew was insisting on wearing an admirals uniform even though it was never made official I think - something about a birthday present for his 60th that he never got to use but again, since he’s been effectively cancelled from the official Royal family they don’t want him strutting around like The Grand Old Duke of York 😀

Advertisement