Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How worried are you about catching Covid?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I'm young healthy and vaccinated and not worried

Not worried in the slightest. Housemate had it, had dinner with her a few evenings. I've absolutely no worries about it. Been in packed pubs since they opened, no masks etc have no fear of it. Will not be getting a booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I would no problem, I’ll make it myself don’t want our government wasting hundreds of thousands on more virtue signalling bull.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

whats the cut off age group between young and old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I'm young healthy, Vaccinated and worried

Oops I picked the 'worried' option instead of 'not worried' by mistake 🤦‍♂️ I don't see a way to change it.

I'm older/in at risk group and vaccinated and worried

Maybe you can ask Santy to bring you this for Christmas. Then you can make them for your friends too.

Bandai Badge It! Badge Maker (Styles May Vary) : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’ll make mine with the simple slogan “My Body My Choice” that has a lovely ring too it.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

The question asked in the poll wasn't 'are we concerned about others'.

You are concerned about you and those you care about. That's fine and understandable. Just let other people be. Their choices are theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I'm older/in at group and vaccinated and not worried

Ok after reading this thread I want to change my vote.

I don’t see why I should count as old, when other people my age have come out here as young 😂

So I’m young now, and still not worried.

Sorry, but no. No free passes given here.

Not when their "choice" to be unvaccinated is what is contributing to prolonging this for everyone.

For the last 20 months I've been listening to "let those who are at higher risk isolate themselves."

Well, now maybe the tide is turning, as other countries are starting to realise that it is those who are unwilling to do their part, are the ones who should be made to isolate.

Lets see how they like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I'm relatively young (middle-aged, but in terms of covid) and healthy and vaccinated. Could well be in the booster recommended group, I dont know.

Either way I was never worried for myself. Not before the vaccine and certainly not after it. More worried where this is taking us as a society tbh.

• Advertisement

I was starting to become annoyed at others for how they choose to live their lives during the pandemic. It's horrible though..even when you feel their actions do have a negative impact on you. All that frustration and the only ones we are tormenting are ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am in England more and more people I know have it. It's not even worthy of conversation anymore. I've been abroad 4 times this year and at sporting venures- I have no idea how I've not caught it yet. Even member sof staff in our small office have had it (if I've had it then no symptoms). I'm double jabbed with no conditions and not had a sick day off on 11 years. Had a comprehenseive blood test & body analysis recently (just a MOT paid for privately). Metabolic rate is 16 years younger than my real age. Tip top condition...famous last words...!

Rather worringly, I spoke to a guy Friday and he is suffering badly with Covid at home and his wife is in hospital- both double jabbed. My sister in law and her entire family have it presently.

Looking at some of the posts on here, it strikes me as being a sad state of affairs when the propaganda campaign is far more effective than the vaccines... Berating other posters for exercising bodily autonomy 😒 Couldn't have been planned any better :

Some bloke in 2020 - "Let's fool everyone into thinking getting jabbed will keep them safe.. Wait for it - then let's tell them how inefficacious it is; all the while ramping up the fear by equivocating and flat out lying about the casualty rate from the virus itself, so as to make pariahs out of those folks who never bought into the bs from day 1"

Some bloke's committee - " 😁 hahahahaha, wtf have you been smoking?!!"

Sb in 2021 - "Who's laughing now?!"

Sb's committee - "😲 ur God!!!!!"

Don't fancy it - have a relative who is young enough and was fairly fit etc - has been wrecked with long covid since May last year and it has only gotten worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Nobody who is perfectly healthy dies from an illness; once you've developed an illness, you are no longer perfectly healthy.

You can be perfectly healthy right up to when you develop an illness. There are people who have decades of good health until they are faced with a challenging or life threatening diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Your post would make some sense if there weren't mountains of evidence on the use and benefits of vaccines. FFS, even the impact rates of those vaccinated versus those who haven't been shows irrefutable proof of the merit of this vaccine. The bodily autonomy argument took a hit with the smoking in the workplace ban don't you think?

You live in an integrated society, you have accept that not all decisions can be made solely with yourself in mind.

That's the thing. We do have more to worry about than covid. Climate change for a start is and should be a far bigger worry but let that not get in the way of perpetual reporting/ obsession with covid. Also the health service in Ireland was a disgrace before covid and it's even worse now as it's been so sidetracked with it and causing major delays in all sorts of treatments.

There seems to be a definite divide in those who want to move on and those who don't. That's what concerns me more than covid. It's the way it's turned people against each other so badly. There's plenty of self righteous people ready to lambast another for not being affected by covid in the same way as them.

I've seen you giving out plenty about every Tom, Dick and Harry not living up to your standard of how cautious you think everyone should be and I would find it annoying but I wouldn't quote you and argue with you or try and get you to change your mind as everyone has been affected differently by covid and I can understand why you are the way you are about it but I'm not like that at all.

While each side might find the other frustrating, I think it's important to be more understanding and accepting of everyone being different about it. That will help everybody in the long term. Being divisive about it or looking down your nose at people isn't helping anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

As I said I was limited in my options.

I'll let you decide what category you belong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

Hitler would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes worried even though had it and vaxxed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Agreed - people are healthy until they develop an illness. Once ill, they are no longer perfectly healthy; therefore my point stands, that people who are perfectly healthy do not die from illnesses. Ill people, i.e. people who are not perfectly healthy, die from illnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Hold on a sec.

im voted I’m older…….I’m 42

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

I had it in March 2020 and got COVID Toes which affected the hands only. No other symptoms so I'm not worried about getting it again. I just don't want to pass it on unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

As I see it, I don't want to get it, at 59 I'm healthy enough, had both my vaccines and will take a, booster if I get offered it.

I'm not overly worried about it, but still feel I should and will continue to try to avoid it by all means possible including vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Any wonder covid is spreading. There must be alot of people with symptoms and negative test thinking it's a cold or flu and that was ok to spread around before covid.

SNA told to come into work. Is the workplace aware that any symptoms with a negative test and they should continue to isolate. It's on the HSE website. It's better to have one out with symptoms than making the whole workforce sick and very little is being done or said about symptoms and negative tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

:) not just MY standards, not living up to the standards as set and defined by health experts which have been proven to be effective in keeping people well, healthy, alive and easing the pressure on the health services...

ill never be accepting of anybody not being a team player during this in what essentially is the greatest and prolonged challenge the country and its citizens have faced.

Advertisement