Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I found out today that PPV is named after Hangman as well from a skit on BTE from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Isn't it also public knowledge that Chris Jericho's on a 3 year deal too? Actually turns out his contract runs through to the end of 2021.

I see your article on Hangman, and link another, this time an interview he did with Men's Health.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wondering if Full Gear being four hours deserves it's own thread? I'm planning on buying it anyways and will likely follow along the chatter here either way but it seems like a PPV which is a big enough deal to have its own discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think it's at the point where it should get its own thread like the WWE PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yup. For want of a better phrase I'm "All In" on AEW these days so I'm in favour of some PPV threads. Judging by the most active threads on here I'd say most of the contributing posters are the same.

Jungle Boy is so over.

Trying to grow out a beard as well however it looks like it could take a while.

Ariya Daivari getting his tryout after his release.

He put on a good showing with Dante Martin who is going to be a star.

Team Taz trying to poach Dante from Lio.

When Hook gets his comeuppance I really hope he can bump like a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dante being scouted by multiple parties makes him seem a big deal. Funny thing is on an earlier episode of Dark, I remember Top Flight had a match, Ricky and Taz were on commentary and Ricky suggested to Taz they would be a good fit for Team Taz, but Taz shot him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have ordered it in for tonight.

For what you get, plus in comparison to other PPV's, I think its good value.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AEW have definitely doing a great job in building up the majority of the matches for tonight (bar the womens title). If you look at the Punk vs Kingston has only had less than 2 weeks build up but what a match this is going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Eddie/Punk feud is a strange one. Great build-up but it really should have started much earlier to give it more time to develop. Makes me wonder what the original plan was, or if Eddie and Punk were always going to feud. I'm guessing it's because Moxley went into rehab that it became a last minute decision.

Jay Lethal is only 36 I thought he was in the same age bracket as Joe, AJ and that TNA era of wrestlers in is mid 40's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MJF and Darby was match of the night for me. It was just brilliant, near perfect match from 2 young guys opening a huge PPV.

The future is blinding bright.

Both lads were given the ball last night in opening, and they **** ran with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That's a big surprise. I thought he looked around that age back when he was Black Machismo

That was a fun few hours of pro wrestling and dan lambert cracks me up doing the old school manager in a wrestling match throwing the sly punches and then running away for finally getting caught. Lambert really gets pro wrestling. I also enjoy the media scrum after ppvs that AEW do there a good watch and listen.

The four pillars now should be booked to clash over the course of next 12 months for there shot at the world title and it needs to be MJF who takes the title off Hangman.

Not going to lie I had a tear or two at the end of the PPV.

What a f-ing great PPV, they blew it out of the water, once again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Outside of Full Gear (well outsidish), Ishii being announced for Dynamite is big news. Being put into the OC and HFO feud isn't ideal but hope we get him Vs likes of Danielson, Miro etc before he goes home. Hoping we get a coin drop too but that seems less likely even though he's over. NJPW won't have him lose and arguable that he'd even be allowed wrestle with how much they need him for WK. I'd be hoping we might get a tag/trios match with him involved. That seems the only way we see him in AEW this year I'd imagine. Ishii is less valuable for them so hoping we get him on a run here.

Even just a Kazuchika Okada appearance on Dynamite would suffice, or even a face off with Bryan Danielson.

The top baby face in wrestling today

Just so so so happy for him, you can tell how emotional he is

Ya, if Danielson is going to WK (which it doesn't sound like he is from the media scrum) doing a face off on AEW would make sense. My hope is we get some random tag/trios match with him involved in it. He isn't taking a pin so he either wins or his partner gets pinned but it can serve a longer term purpose (something like Okada and Hangman Vs Danielson and Omega would break the wrestling internet)

I'd take a couple of tag matches between The Golden Lovers vs. Okada & The American Dragon before they do singles matches.

Once WK is over and  Ibushi has recovered then have a year long build up for WK 2023.

I'm assuming Golden Lovers will come into it down the line. Think it'll be more in the Elite storyline as pretty sure Omega will get kicked out there and then he gets a redemption arc after he takes some time off. Golden Lovers Vs Bucks or Omega, Hangman and Ibushi Vs SuperKliq etc are all matches that can be made when that happens. Meltzer is saying he's been wrestling hurt a while so I'd imagine he's going to take to a while off after he drops the AAA title in December.

I've read that Black and Kingston are injured after Full Gear

Kingston shoulder is acting up and seems to have been acting up some time, Eddie was actually wrestling with a messed up shoulder for some time.

He has that old school mentality of wrestling even when your injured. he needs some time off

Full Media Scrum

I was surprised to see Jay Lethal come All Elite but absolutely delighted, I remember him in TNA so fondly. A great bit of business by TK.

Also helps that Jay comes across so well

I'd assume it less a concern with Dax and Britt but Tony said Dax was hurt in the match hence the swap finish, and Britt didn't make the media scrum cos she was hurt.

• Advertisement

I wonder what Punk makes of Jay Lethal coming in given his history with AJ?

Omega also having issues with his shoulder according to Meltzer

I'm hoping Omega takes some time off now and recoup.

Ya, there was a video released of him there yesterday with a chiropractor and he sounds in bad shape. Shoulder issues, suffering with Vertigo for a few years so the ring is spinning, neck and back pain etc, so hopefully he takes a good break. Could do with a break to Double or Nothing tbh and just allow him to do some BTE and back stage stuff.

It's actually amazing that AEW could be down Omega, Moxley, Kingston, Black and then there's a few like Miro who needs a break as he looks banged up and had to come back, and existing guys out like Archer and the roster is still crazy strong. Could be a good time for someone to get signed and move into the main event picture or someone else to move up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

They have the roster depth now to rotate people in and out to an extent. A break for Omega to allow him recover would freshen him up and would allow for any changes in direction for him easily. It'd be fairly easy to write off aswell, just have the rest of the elite turn on him and injury him.

I'd say Cole and The Bucks will write him out/off TV for a while this Wednesday.

Then he has the AAA World Title to defend in early December, that'll wrap up Omega's 2021.

With hopefully no time frame placed on his eventual return from his various ailments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the history, a previous relationship? Not a big deal.

Punk can't say much, he worked his way through most women's rosters before AJ and did the dirt on more than a few of them if the rumours are true.

• Advertisement

Not just that they were together. There's been some suggestions that he was taking advantage of his influence over her in being her trainer. Apparently he has form for that kind of thing. If there's any truth in it you'd expect Punk wouldn't want much to do with him.

I can’t wait and I really really hope Britt goes off on a rant about not being one of the 4 pillars of AEW.

Danielson vs Evil Uno on Wednesday. I'm half expecting we'll get Danielson vs most of Dark Order and whilst he won't be a full heel, he'll be vicious in order to try and get some heat for the Hangman match. He'd have good matches with a lot of them there imo. 5 has already shown well in matches with Omega and Silver is great and very over so could see those 2 at least.

Just give The Butcher vs Ishii going at it on Wednesday.

Forget about The Blade and OC.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What was the nod from one of the Bucks to Hangman at the end about? Does it signal the end of Kenny in the elite?

• Advertisement

That would be my guess, Kick him out of the Elite and he gets time to recover for a few months after he drops the AAA belt in December.

As the saying goes they can't can miss you if you never go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm guessing they'll kick Kenny out of the elite and Adam Cole will become the new leader. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar to how Adam Cole was kicked out of the Bullet Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have to catch up and watch this tonight. Anything I should skip? I'm heading to Dynamite next week in Chicago, great seats too so will be good to see Hangman with the belt. With all the injuries too, it'll be interesting to see how they shift the cards and stories for the next while.

You could probably skip Inner Circle v American Top Team if you had to skip something. Britt v Tay too. They were OK but definitely the weakest matches of the night for me.

I hope he is right.

Eddie strikes me as old school when you are red hot you don't miss time no matter how injured you are as you lose money.

I think I need this guy to give my neck, shoulder and back a work out.

Also a really great interview with Kenny.

Great PPV the other night. Only getting around to watching it.

The lowlight for me again though on yet another AEW PPV was the Britt Baker match. She just seems to gas out early in matches and everything seems to be happening in super slow motion after. I think she's a great character and promo but would rather see Rosa, Deeb, Shida etc tearing it up on a PPV. Any of the 3 mentioned would have had a good match with Tay.

The pre show tag match was much better.

Also Jay Lethal is a big meh signing for me. Wasn't he named in speaking out as well if I remember correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

She just doesn't get it. Nobody wants to see her wrestle. I barely even want to see her on TV full stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement