Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Well I'm completely enjoying GTA3 and by the time I've finished that they might have sorted out the other two. I spend about €30 a year on games as I only play GTA, RDR, Arma III and Pro Evolution Soccer so no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Switched to Vice City and enjoying it a bit more than 3. The character models seem a lot better too, and less pop-in from traffic/textures so far. Though Tommy's face keeps turning to pebbledash during some cutscenes and when changing outfits.

Managed to do the RC Helicopter bomb mission on the first go too, but man it's an awful mission to have so early in the game, especially when you haven't even had to chance to fly anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I done the model sized airplane mission in GTA SA in San Fierro and man that handles like shíte. Got it on my second go luckily. As the first time I had the motorbike on fire and he left a trail behind him and it exploded the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont remember the gangs being so hostile in the original GTA3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The cheat codes were a blessing for those missions. Rocket launcher into the window, a few rockets or molotovs did for him in his cast.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If people think the model planes and helicopters handle bad on console you should have tried them on pc on keyboard and mouse. I had to beat them for a friend and the solution was to bring over my USB gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is this game on the PS5 or is it PS4 and can played on the PS5

It's on PS5 but would play just as well on PS4 as they aren't very hard to run as the remake isn't much different from the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It somehow sounds and looks worse than I expected. Haven't played it, but don't need to. Some reported issues, such as the rain, is really unforgivable. I think I was right with my blatant cashgrab. And worse, imo, are people defending it. Fair enough if you've never played them before, but still doesn't excuse the state they're in. Bad form from Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has there been any talk at all of patching it for PS5? I had planned on buying it first thing Saturday morning but after seeing the clips on here and reddit I obviously decided against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think both Rockstar and Grove Street Games have said they're working on patches for the games. How much they'll fix or when the patches will be coming is another story altogether.

I'm happy enough playing Vice City as is. A lot more enjoyable than my first few hours with 3. But I don't think I'll try SA until such updates have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Been playing 3 over the weekend and it's been great fun. I'm currently stuck on the last story mission, forgot how much of a pain that one was!

Think I'll wait a little while to play VC and SA so they hopefully patch the rain and maybe add some little quality of life improvements.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Some being the absolute cheap skate that I am, I decided not to bother with the Remastered collection and play the original GTA III, have never played it for than five minutes in the past.

So using the steam version, I've installed the silent patch and also got EAX 3 up and running via Creative alchemy and a small file downloaded needed to get it up and running.

Gpinut also installed to get my Xbox One controller working with vibration support and Xbox button prompts with a control scheme that matches the original PS2 release.

Running at 640x480 32bit colour with the 30FPS cap enabled to avoid frame rate bugs. Integer scaling and 8xMSAA enabled via Radeon software.

Anyway as a game it hold ups okay. The driving is absolutely fine. Hilariously how aggressive the cops get with wanted level 3 or above. Combat not so much, very simplistic shooting and A.I and the controls for combat are clunky as hell.

Having to drive back to the start point of missions after failing them is a bit of a pain.

The overarching line story is passable but the game has dated pretty badly with very cliched and rote characters and dialogue. I can imagine this impressing back in 2001 but its pretty embarrassing stuff nowadays, particularly the chatterbox radio station. Music wise personal the number of music tracks I like is quite limited as well.

Overall I can appreciate this game was quite the achievement in 2001 and it set the blueprint for future GTA games. I played both Vice City and GTA IV and enjoyed both, but on reflection the core gameplay has changed very little over the years.

So passable game that I will see through to completion, but I'm glad I haven't gone near the remaster given what I think overall of III and the the issues with the remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

As i recall, when you finished the game you could not drive into mafia territory before having your car blown up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

So passable game that I will see through to completion

Good luck with that - it's a lot more attainable on a PC but still very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Digital Foundry Review

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Repo101

Same, I'm enjoying GTA III so far as I hadn't replayed it in a long time. Will pay the same for GTA IV when that comes out in '23 but it sounds like we won't have a new game until '24 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember being really excited when I saw Vice City on PC at GAME. Got it, spent a while making my own radio station and tried that RC helicopter mission once. Never touched the game again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Getting a hard crash in SA during the bank robbery mission with Catalina , just after you fight your way down the alley and get on the cops motorbikes as soon as I exit the alley and turn left it crashes to the dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I had an issue with that mission too, the cops never showed up

I had a issue with that mission Catalina went right down a bit of a alleyway and got stuck. So I made myself die luckily on my third attempt all went well and had no crash after we got on motorbikes. I'm on Xbox Series X.

Loaded an earlier save and did the bank before the bookies, and I noticed the autosave that was reloading previously in the back had the backdoor already open instead of her shooting it open as should be scripted. Probably what was bugging it out.

Save, save and save again in many slots for this one folks!!!!!!!!!!! Use all the slots available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What an absolute disgrace of a release. The graphic quirks and errors make for better gifs, but the fact that it doesn’t even run at a proper 60 FPS on next gen consoles is an embarrassment (and frame pacing ruins the 30 FPS version). Games that run that poorly feel like absolute crap to play, so personally that’d be the ultimate nail in the coffin for me.

I'd actually forgotten SA had a performance and fidelity option, it's been set on fidelity this whole time seemed solid enough frame rate to me. Set it to performance there and the extra frames are nice but the jank that gets introduced to the tree tops and sky were unbearably distracting (I'm up in red county) so I had to switch it back to fidelity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Do you still have to go to the gym and feed the main character in SA?

Feed him yes, gym is optional. I went to the gym about 5 or 6 sessions and maxed out his abilities. makes playing the game easier as you can run further. And once maxed out you never have to go again.

Just do the burglar missions early on and you have infinite sprint , the trick with the 2 houses at the ned of grove st. still works in this. Good idea to max your health early on too. You can do the ambulance missions in the one of the small towns north of Los Santos or better again in angel pines.

You'll need the sprint for winning the triathlon against the cock later on in the game.

Never knew about infinite sprint. Bit late now. I'm based in San Fierro atm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Advertisement