Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Just got email saying:

James Taylor - 3Arena To Be Rescheduled.

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that James Taylor at the 3Arena on the 25th January 2022 is being rescheduled. Please see statement below.

James is disappointed to announce today that his upcoming European tour, previously set to begin in January 2022, has been postponed due to concerns about COVID-19. Rescheduled dates will be announced as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Foals 27th June 2022 Fairview Park, its getting ridiculous now the amount of gigs scheduled for this one week in June, would have gone to this if it wasnt for it being on the same day as Green day in the RDS, is there any particlar reason why theres nothing on for next summer but nearly every "big" gig is going to happen within this one week in June?

Eagles, Kings of leon, Years and Years, Gnr, RHCP, few gigs in Cork, Greta Van Fleet etc whoever is booking these all in the one week and with the genres of these acts there is some serious overlap and people who would have gone to both cant, its just annoying, I understand covid has made next year hectic and shows are being scheduled on the same days as others but seriously does it have to all happen in the one week like?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Awh crap didn't realise Foals is the same night as the hella mega tour. Decisions will need to be made 💔

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say scheduling next year is a right pain. Festivals will take up all the weekend slots for bands, and then it'll be routing the tour so Ireland is left a bit sandwiched in. I imagine many of the bands there will be at Glastonbury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wonder what Fairview Park will be like as a venue. They're throwing up gigs in any patch of grass in the city at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It seems Fairview Park is a tented venue.

It says the Foals gig is under the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Haim are rescheduled to the same night as GnR now too.

Its been like that for the last few summers pre Covid too.

June seems to be the only Summer month that promoters in Ireland want to schedule concerts for.

None of the venues are football stadia and could be available all summer long.

June is completely saturated with events, then there is almost nothing for July and August.

Its idiotic scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ennio Morricone celebration concert in the 3Arena on November 26th 2022. Cash grab ahoy.

• Advertisement

Yeah its ridiculous, its not even for the entire month of June next year its just seems to be this one week in June that every gig will be on with multiple on the same day, it is idiotic scheduling youve nailed it on the head. Its of no conviencne to a concert goer

Like I understand its a first world problem but it is infuriating at the same time like, it makes no sense at all ,the green day, gnr, rhcp all happening after one another is the mad one like they pretty much all would have the same audience over here to a degree its a lot to ask of people to book mid week off and travel from all around the country to go to those three in particular. These acts are here once in a few years as well.

It also goes back to the discussion about the fact that we dont have enough venues around the country everything takes place in Dublin, if there were more venues we wouldnt have an issue as like in other countries acts can perform around the place but because we've an inept government we have situations like the event centre in cork which looks like it will never be built at this rate, its a wider problem like,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What’s the capacity for fairview gigs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I think i read somewhere it was 5,000, if correct, vaguely similar, to Marquee Cork setup so.

Justin Bieber has announced a European tour for 2023 and Ireland has been left out.

He could be the first of many to give Ireland a swerve after the long lockdown periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not sure, this one is conducted by his son Andrea Morricone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From Three. Brad Paisley and Ennio Morricone - The official concert celebration at 3Arena. Get your presale codes now at 3.ie/0ru Terms: 3.ie/s3f Opt Out text NOMUSIC to 51020

I got this text today

Brad Paisley is a different gig on the 16th July. Two different gigs.

What's the Helix like for gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Never seen it set up for standing but there's not a bad seat in the house, more long than wide.

• Advertisement

Arctic Monkeys have started announcing dates for next year, new album out next year as well, they are a bit big for the 3arena i mean they sold two dates out in a few minutes the last time, RDS? Nobody has been put in there yet bar a rescheduled Green day show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It was f*cking awful for Modest Mouse in 2015. The sound was the worst I've ever heard at a gig. Could barely hear the vocals and terrible feedback throughout. The queues for the bar were a disaster aswell.

edit

That's in response to the question about The Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dreadful. Parquet Courts, who I love, are playing there next year and Im not bothering. Pain in the hole to get to and from aswell. Even from town.

Dermot Kennedy 13th & 14th December 3Arena, all proceeds going to Pieta House, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not that I'd be interested in attending but how can it go ahead when other 3Arena gigs are getting pulled due to the 1500 max capacity standing restrictions for indoor gigs .... unless it's all seated

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Saw Modest Mouse there and the sound was abysmal

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll take your word about the helix and skip the gig. I wish they'd have put them in the Olympia again instead of the helix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I saw Biffy Clyro unplugged in the Helix and thought it was decent. But it was unplugged and so naturally at a lower dB than your typical concert. Audience participation gave it a real nice atmosphere. I live north side so transport was easy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Interesting to hear about The Helix sound issues, i have never been there, but have waited years to see Lindsey Buckingham solo, and have a good seat, 5 rows centre from the stage, can it really be that bad, up near the front ? Maybe it is, am definitely going to see him anyway next May, as for the mentioned issues at the bar, they don’t interest me in the slightest.

I’ve only rarely had poor sound at gigs, not never, just, not that often, but i wonder, is that because, i am usually, standing and usually close to front centre.

The only time i had noticeably and continuous bad sound in 3Arena was on 2 rare occasions, i was in far back seats, as missed out on standing tickets, and i have to say, the sound was brutal on both occasions, its almost always, standing for me at 3Arena, almost all gigs i go to have floor standing setups, at 3Arena, and i am up near the front centre area, and its almost always, been good, and excellent most of the time.

Same at Croke Park, PUC, RDS, always standing, maybe at, or close to the very front, or in first say 20 rows. Have heard all the repeated problems of delay, echo, sound bouncing around, in these big venues, which crop up at many of these stadium gigs, but have found those complaints, usually seem to come from people, 1/4 way back or further away, or up high in the stands.

I appreciate, that standing is not possible, for everyone.

Another point on sound, is i have been to the same venue, and have had mainly good, but bad sound, on a much lesser number of occasions. Some venues are definitely more “sound challenging” than others, particularly with low ceilings at the back, but where one gig is good, and another bad, at the exact same venue, and i’m in the same spot near the front at both gigs, then the only common denominator is the bands/venue - sound people.

Being standing, and closer to the front, seems to be a common thread in my own experience, so for me, it definitely makes a big difference, which is why i continue to go for standing, unless its a fully seated gig, and up close to the stage, allthough it clearly is usually a better overall sound experience at indoor gigs.

Advertisement