Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Rooms Rate

• 15-11-2021 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pat201

Hello.

So I'm getting married next year and hotel has guaranteed 30 rooms for wedding night at best price. After booking place we asked rate and received email of prices a few weeks later. A month later I got official Contract to sign and return but room price was different (better) it was in bold and underlined. I signed the contract and returned as requested. Wondering where I stand on what rate is correct ?

Pat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I'm not sure what the problem is. Of the two room rates you have seen, the better (i.e. lower) rate is the one stated in the contract you have signed. Obviously, you'll be charged the lower rate, as per your contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Initial email would have been a guide, the contract figure would be set amount. Covid rule relaxation and overall bookings likely influenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pat201

I got a family member to ring to check what price they were being quoted and it was the higher price. That's why I ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Ah.

You should contact the hotel directly, tell them that this is happening, and ask what exactly your friends and family need to say when making their booking to ensure that they get the contract price.

Might also be no harm if you tell your friends and family directly what the contract price is, so they can point out the mistake if they are quoted a higher price.

I guess my real question is what if hotel come back saying contract price is incorrect and price supplied earlier was correct . They were 2 completely different prices, I'm not on about moving a decimal point or anything crazy like that

• Advertisement

• tell them that in future they should make sure things like that don't happen again but you signed the contract and they will now honour the price as stated, as per the agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

They may have something in their T&Cs that covers them against mistakes like this (assuming it is a mistake on their part). IANAL

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I'm guessing by how cagey you're being (any by how you had someone check up on the rate) that he one in the contract was clearly too low and most likely in error?

Im being cagey due to the fact i dont want to identify Hotel. I got person to ring to check rates as that is normal process, i am not ringing up for every person in the wedding haha.

So update is

I contacted hotel via email with contract attached and asked them to confirm price is correct ( 15 euro cheaper pps) as when my family member rang they were quoted ?? price (price in initial email). They confirmed price in contract was correct.

My family member rang again and yet again were quoted higher price. Did Person check contract at all when i sent her follow up confirmation email or is this just lack of communication between departments??

I will just discuss this in person with hotel as i now have a signed contract , email confirmation that its correct but yet when i ring hotel bookings i get a different price .

Pat

Advertisement