Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Di Maria has a 2 star weak foot and is worse than Messi in the same position

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SBC for flashback Morata, what's the consensus among you experts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Fofana completed, ended up packing Adidas Eder Militao from one of his packs. That was an unexpected 400k. Sold him and was able to bring in Messi.

My team is shaping up nicely now. Went 8-0 in the playoffs (3 gifted wins). Very impressed with Fofana, the guy seems to be everywhere and is great on the ball. Clauss doesn't seem half bad either.

400k just like that....

That's a nice team.

Still 250k short of my Di Natale dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I can only see prices dropping before Black Friday. You're running Serie A? Kessie RB is a must do.

• Advertisement

Yea, I have RTTK Tonali, not sure if RB Kessie is worth the 150k upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id keep tonali and put the coins toward Di Natale.

Yea that's the plan.

At this stage, the only way I'm making 250k is through pack luck. So roll on Thursday! I might even have to do some SBCs just to get the packs even if I don't need the player at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is just a way to give us upgrade packs that don't give us guaranteed fodder, we're getting this in place of the 78+ packs or player picks, both of which were much better for building SBCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got Jadon Sancho out of that 82+ passing SBC

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I try a little bit of low risk trading.

- Sniping common golds for less than 500 and relisting (find the right filters)

-sniping silver in demand players (league sbc ones ideally)

But this year I've just focused on opening as many free packs as possible (doing all objectives, even for cards i wont use, just to open the bonus packs.

Playing drafts helped a lot, like my best pull from a draft pack this year was a RTTK Marquinhos from a gold pack after losing my first round match 🙃 so you don't even need to be good!

I've 2.5 million now and an untradable squad worth about 3 million without spending a cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did 3 of the passing ones and three dribbles, packed Modric from the final passing one.

I then realised even having only done six, Modric still wouldn’t have been enough to break even on the pack costs if I had to buy every player I rinsed through them and he had been tradeable.

Just another thing to put this market in perspective, you’re opening these hoping for one of 5 cards basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Definitely think the 4-3-2-1 has been killed in the latest patch.

It's nowhere near the attacking threat that it once was, yet still seems to have that defensive frailty that you excuse for what it gives you going forward.

I was literally just coming here to make this exact post. It is not working any more. I am getting destroyed and posing no threat. Either they've patched something, or there's a new meta formation that is just killing it. The 1 up front is getting isolated and getting swamped in the middle.

Season 2 so far has been depressing for me.

I've always used 4-2-3-1 for years in FIFA but really struggled with being unable to create chances this year.

Switched to the 4-3-2-1 and had been having loads of success with it but since the latest patch it's definitely been nerfed attackingly IMO.

I've gone back to NealGuides 4-2-3-1 and having a bit of success with it now with 4 wins in a row. It's harder to create chances no doubt, but the difference now is the players we have are so much better than at the start of the game too, so that helps. Getting the ball out wide and using the driven pass across the box is a good tactic too.

Plus after running 4-3-2-1 the 4-2-3-1 gives you so much more defensive stability.

I tried that 4-2-3-1 before and really didn't like it. Found it way too defensive. Going to have to come up with something creative cause I can't be having this 4-3-2-1 any more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Out of nowhere tonight, went from winning one in twenty, to ploughing from Div 3 rank 3 up to div 2 😂 changed nothing tactically or in terms of players either.

It definitely was at the start of the year as it seemed they'd nerfed it as almost everyone used that or a wing back formation last year (and yeah, it's a more defensively minded formation for sure), but give NealGuides latest variation a go.

I've scored 3, 2, 4 and 4 in my last 4 games with it, creating loads of chances and enjoying it.

Bpm paying out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alli best player from the upgrade packs out tonight. Done seven so far.

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Whatever they did in the latest patch has absolutely ruined the gameplay quality for me. Everything's so clunky and heavy again. Pity, was really enjoying it. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was down to the final 2 games, only needed 1 win. Up steps Ginola, bangs in 4 goals out of nothing to win the game 4-1. One of those players that no matter who uses him, you’ll instantly improve. So much fun to use him.

I love that card. I tried my first 'la croqueta' last night in rivals with Ginola - it took me right past his last defender and Ginola buried it in the near post top corner from 10 yards. The guy rage quit after that even though it was only 1-0 😂

Just to add a few comments that most of you are probably aware of as have changed team to the below after the account hacking.

Keane and Son are a deadly duo, both finish very well, chances that other players miss, very happy with them, Simeone SBC is well worth doing he is a beast as a super sub and sarr is disappointing, anyone recommend a better EPL RW? for not tonnes of coins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

definitely....I find that my LF/RFs are not making the same runs as before unless they're H/M workrates like Dembele etc.

Sane is basically useless in this formation..he just stands there looking at the ball with his M/L workrates.

Mbappe has really gone off the boil in this formation as well. Definitely time to change I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

also **** those people doing the Berwyn obj. Not a single person is doing golden goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

cool might give him a spin, ideally wanted a right footer but sarr just isnt for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played a few rivals games last night and noticed my Champ Qualification points screen wasn't coming up after. Had a look and it seems I am entered in the Playoffs, I didn't mean to do it and not sure if I hit enter by accident but here we are. First game the guy has Eusebio, R9 & Robbie Keane and absolutely destroyed me. He was just different class, Irish as well so he might be here. Second game managed to win 5-3 and was fairly even. So currently sitting 1-1.

I have no aspirations of qualifying for Champs, but some rewards from the Playoffs be nice. Even if by some miracle I do qualify it's an awful weekend for it as I have no time for FIFA so at best I will get about 5 games in.

Advertisement