Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Defence : “your honour the prosecution talked over the limit allowed “

judge:”they could have get away with murder as I wasn’t timing them “

humour From a very sick country 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He's a bit of character , even when he was just listening to arguments he'd pull different faces reminds me of the original grandfather from the Munsters TV show

Don't you have any sympathy whatsoever? He went out that night to do good. To protect innocent people/businesses from wanton violence and looting.

He didn't go there to kill someone. It was just a tragic turn of events and he was forced to defend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sure thing. I am kind of glad though that I live in a part of the world where armed teenagers crossing the country to shoot dead protesters would be considered gauche.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

And fair play to him. Why shouldn't he cash in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Crossing the country. How small do you think America is??

Did you quote the wrong post? Gauche is not the right word to describe what happened. Tragic would be better. Tragic for all involved.

Also "crossing the country" - he travelled 20 miles. To a place where his Dad lives. It's not like he had no connections to the place. It was the nearest big city to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Eh.. follow your own logic and tell me how all of that doesn't apply to the out of town asshats that got smoked?

They chose to be there.

They chose to take to the streets armed.

They F'd around and found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hopefully, If he tried to take any normal job his employer would have the media and twitter weirdos mobbing them to fire him

He might sue the assorted news stations and politicians who called him a terrorist and white supremecist too, including the current President

Anyone remember that white supremecist MAGA kid the media said were grinning at some apache chief? There was a few of yiz foaming at the mouth on here about it, If I recall. Nice little settlement he got for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

No, I meant gauche, but I was taking the pi55. I think you're focusing too much on the "crossing the country" part and not enough on the "armed teenager" part. It's not tragic, most sane people are way past feeling sympathy for a country that could end armed teenagers being a thing (like the rest of the world) in the morning. Then again the people he killed were protesting against something their most famous president thought he made illegal in 1863, so I guess they are slow to adapt.

And federal laws / state lines are clear. It doesn't matter if he drove 20 miles or 2000.

• Advertisement

An 'armed teenager being a thing' is a cause for concern and hand wringing but armed mobs of violent looters are not a concern?

One lead to the other, if the cowardly police and politicians hadn't decided to let Kenosha burn for political expediency then perhaps 'armed teenagers' on it's streets would not be a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Tourists? Sorry but I've no idea what you are on about here.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Why would they shoot someone that's already dead? That makes zero sense.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

Every time the validity of Rittenhouse's being there with a gun, underage, comes up, there's the inevitable whataboutery, even though this is a thread on the Rittenhouse trial.

It's like everyone's forgotten the old saying, 'two wrongs don't make a right'.

It was legally wrong for Rittenhouse to be there with the gun. Each decision by a person to carry an illegal weapon that night stands as its own case, or potential case, for prosecution.

Other people behaving stupidly isn't an excuse to do same.

After seeing the evidence and his total lack of remorse ,I've not a lot of sympathy ,the people who brought him to kenosha bare a part of responsibility ,and then came the lies of being an EMT ,and being paid to guard the car lot ,he was attacked with a rock ,he was attacked with a baseball bat and had his head nearly taken off with a skateboard ,

He was hit with a skateboard because people reacted to him shooting rosenbaum ,he told people it wasn't him ,

He told everyone (likely advised) he lunged at his gun ,not Rittenhouse but rittenhouses gun ,so he could kill him ,the drone footage shows rosenbaum going towards him but with several feet between them,he fires the first shoot and Rosenbaum hit the deck and was shot on the ground ,the last shot to his back ,

To me it show Rittenhouse in a different light callous even .

The only time I've seen him emotional was in the witness box and not a tear in eyes while looking at the judge to get him out of there ,

It was a series of events (unfortunate)? that snowballed into the situation we have now

Tourists is what the people with guns who travelled to Kenosha on the night have been called chaos tourists ,they went to see what was going on and get their pictures taken ,all dolled up with weapons and body armour ,loads of posing for photos but did **** all else

Except the weapons charges were tossed, only one person was there with an illegal weapon and he lost a bicep.

There is no whataboutery and there is no 'two wrongs', unless you think a town abandoned to anarchy that chooses to defend itself is somehow wrong. Armed thugs arrived to burn the place down and the athorities tasked with protecting it LET THEM, You would have to be mad to suggest that people there had no just right to defend themselves and should just submit to the mob and beg for mercy.

You are right, it doesn't matter if he drive 20, 200 or 2000 miles.

If my family were living in a town that was at risk of being burned down or looted by rioters, I would hope I would be brave enough to travel whatever distance needed to help protect them and their community.

I'd prefer more Rittenhouse's than Rosenbaum's that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’d prefer neither.

There is a video online of him punching a girl in the head several times.

Has it been confirmed that it was him? I genuinely haven't seen the video. If it is true I obviously will condemn him for it. Still the difference between punching a girl and anally raping a child is not comparable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭sekiro

I know the message board is anonymous and so it's not possible to actually lose face or anything like that.

Is there not even a part of you that wonders if maybe you have been duped by the mainstream narrative on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

Sorry but you are totally totally wrong there.

It was stupid for Rittenhouse to be there with the gun but it certainly wasn't illegal. The judge ruled on that and dismissed that charge against him. Rittenhouse wasn't breaking the law by being there with the gun. That's 100%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He lost a bicep trying to disarm an active shooter that had just killed someone.

LOL, perhaps he should have called the cops instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭sekiro

I think there is a similarity between the Covington MAGA kid and this case in that people have gone all in with the narrative before any proper examination of the case has taken place.

With Covington it was kind of absurd that this should even be discussed in Ireland at all because it basically boils down to some old guy approaching a group of kids banging a drum and the kids refusing to move out of his way while smirking. LOL. We have little scrotes here pushing people under trains and that somehow gets LESS coverage than some US schoolkid smirking at an old man.

This Rittenhouse thing seems like a pretty easy case to not get invested in. He's not a mass shooter in the same way as what happened in Las Vegas or the Pulse Nightclub or in the Columbine case decades ago. There is a reasonable argument that there could have been self-defense here and in all fairness it wasn't exactly upstanding members of society he killed and they were quite obviously going after him. So either some kid with a gun murdered 3 scumbags who were attacking him or he didn't murder them because it was self defense. It's not exactly a situation worth getting so worked up about.

Though I would say it does raise issues about how we see our communities and how far we would be willing to go to protect our communities. If protestors arrive at a place with the intent of causing damage and harm then those people are absolutely not doing anything for the community at all. So we, in Ireland, would expect the police to do their jobs if local kids were going around smashing up local businesses. What do we do when the police just don't bother doing anything? Sit tight and hope that the mob doesn't target us?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't have any problem with owners of businesses defending their premises. That doesn't change the fact that Rittenhouse and his buddies were at no point extended an official invitation to come down and help out, and the owner of the car dealership he was claiming to help protect testified that he never specifically asked for them to protect his place of business. Not to mention that there was already actual local militia members on the streets. It wasn't like Rittenhouse and his militia had this unique idea to go down there. There were already locals on the ground, rendering his particular underage escapade across state lines quite unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Gun charge was thrown out as it was legal for KR to have it. Keep up.

You don't need an "official invitation" to prevent gangs of looters and thugs ransacking and burning the community which your family lives in.

Underage escapade sounds like a film poor aul Rosenbaum would have downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Disarm you say?

So much narrative, so little reality. 😂

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain the significance of him crossing state lines? I don't understand how that is somehow illegal? I keep reading it mentioned but I genuinely don't understand what the big deal is. The US is one country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement