Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Redmi Note 10 arrived. 128GB, grey.

-Bought Eir Payg Sim Friday with 10 euro credit

-Used it up on my own phone which is Sim free over weekend

-Ordered Redmi Note 10 online Sunday afternoon

-Had DPD notification on Monday via SMS that order would be delivered Tuesday

-Order delivered by my local DPD guy half an hour ago. Also had SMS notification for that

-Eir sim still not ported!! But don't care as throw away. Strange though as I requested immediate port on VF website when ordering, so VF not doing themselves any favors if they want to drum up new business.

Also no contact from VF at any stage by text or email which is odd I think but who cares now. Only contact was from DPD.

So I had a smooth process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I ordered using an eir SIM that was barred from outgoing calls (old not used for months) but accepted the incoming text from Vodafone with the code. Ordered, got a confirmation email from Vodafone but who knows if it'll get any further than that. How quickly do cancellation emails usually take?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

They dont notify you of cancellation. Best check with them using the chat feature after a day or so

gave it another go with a new registered 48 sim,sure why not!

"We will send you your contract to the email address provided, it will also be available for review in MyVodafone".

Contract???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

I've been in this rodeo before with the Pixel but decided to go again.

Ordered yesterday using a Lyca sim. Order confirmation email received but nothing else. Reading the thread it looks like delivery is via DPD.

Left my Lyca phone at home and when I came in from work this evening there was a text from DPD about a planned delivery this morning. Nothing around the house.

Logged on using the DPD link and it was about a delivery to the other end of the country but the person had the same mobile number as the one I was porting.

Still, a wee bit of excitement before the inevitable let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

Legally obliged-EU law to send a contract(operable about a year now).It means nothing - you are probably going for a 30 day sim only offer.Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

How long are refunds taking after contacting chat ?

Was last week they promised 3-5 days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

Vodafone are probably releasing the funds straight away when the order is cancelled. It can take 3-5 working days for it to go back into your account. That's the same with any online transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Had a spare unactivated 48 sim lying around from the last pixel Vodafone fiasco so activated it yesterday and ordered the Redmi using revolut got a confirmation of the order shortly after and just got the dpd delivery text message for tomorrow :-)

Must do lotto tonight my luck 🤞 must be in

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

do they just put a hold on funds?-dont actually take them until transaction successful

how long after you order did you get an email approx

cancelled a second time!

Got confirmation email with in 10-15 minutes wasnt instant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Had to join the rodeo, FOMO.

lyca sim arrived might chance it again tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Waiting on the refund from my 3rd try this time around.

Gonna try in-store and pay the extra for the top-up.

Even at €69.99 + €10 Eir SIM + €20 top-up it's probably worth it if I can get it

I ordered, got email straight away and an hour later, my VF account says order submitted. How long til it would be cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You can at least use the 20e credit elsewhere, or give it to charity.

So it's really only 10 euro extra with eir

So tried 2 times on a lyca sim, 2 cancelled. Went and bought a 3 sim yesterday, went to Vodafone store, none of the phone I want in stock. Tried yesterday with new 3 sim, cancelled. Called Vodafone sales line this morning can't place order on the phone but told I should use safari or Firefox as Google chrome creating technical glichs. Put my 4th and final order through this morning at 10am on sarafri. Cancelled just now. I've given up. Only had one refund issued so far lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

Reading posts this month it looks like Aug to early/mid Oct was the time to pinch phones from Vodawhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

"Reading posts this month it looks like Aug to early/mid Oct was the time to pinch phones from Vodawhat"

We may need new thread..

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can anyone confirm that got the Redmi Note 10, that it supports dual sims? Need to use 2 sims at the same time! Thanks

EDIT: Confirmed on the previous page

Post edited by antodeco on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Pretty sure this was confirmed on the previous page.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Literally have no idea how I missed that!! 🤦‍♂️ Thank you

Mine got cancelled, only seen on my dashboard. You'd think they'd at least email.

Anyways, placed the order again using same 48 mobile sim and new email address.

Yes I'm wondering why they don't email at least

Do they see themselves as above all that such as emailing the plebs ?

Have to ask them nicely for a refund too

My money is pending, assumed that just elapses

My second one got cancelled. Oh well.

Do I really have to contact them to release money? Or just wait the 3-5 days for the "hold" to expire?

• Advertisement

I'm waiting since about the 8th for refund after contacting them

I can see 2 completed debit transactions for 70 and 1 debit pending, got 1 phone

Not sure what that all means or have I been overcharged

Advertisement